Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

colourfulwishes thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
going to get to page 50 and then leg it :\ got a deadline to meet tonight at 12 :O and i've done jack all...uhh ohh.
got to say amir your probs the only person in this world who can make me feel better with just looking at your pic and thinking about u :D haha i sound like a mental freaaak :\
your dedication and where you've reached today inspires me to achieve my aim too :)
you've given me confidence in myself <3
you're my role model ...<3
and i so want to meet you. hope that dream comes truee soon.
you're amazing just the way you are :D
and for me you were the true winner :\
that fight was majorily unfair :\
last post of this page i think :D

eeeksss looking good as alwayss amir ;D

awhhh!!<3 love this piccc :D

he looks sooo young here :O
had to post this articleee. read read readdd.

Brit Asian boxer Amir Khan wins laurels for his country

Saturday, 22 May, 2010 11:20:06 AM

The current WBA World Light Welterweight champion Bolton born Amir Khan 24, is Britain's third-youngest world champion after Naseem Hamed and Herbie Hide.

Khan's grandparents migrated from the village of Matore near Rawalpindi in the Punjab province of Pakistan to England in the 1950s.  He was educated at Smithills School in Bolton, and Bolton Community College. Khan has two sisters and one brother, Haroon Khan, who is an amateur boxer. Also, his first cousin is the English cricketer Sajid Mahmood. As well as boxing, Khan enjoys playing sports such as football, basketball and cricket.

He is an avid supporter of his local football club, Bolton Wanderers, and uses the club's training facilities. Khan began boxing competitively at the age of 11, with early honours including three English school title, three junior ABA titles, and gold at the 2003 Junior Olympics.

In 2004 he won a gold medal at the European Student Championships in Lithuania, and in South Korea World Junior Lightweight title.

He became the youngest British Olympic boxing medallist when he won silver at the 2004 Athens Olympics at the age of 17.
Khan became professional in 2005, signing with English boxing promoter, Frank Warren. Khan won his professional debut against David Bailey via first round technical knockout, in 2005, at the Bolton Arena.

Khan moved from lightweight to light welterweight for a single fight against French fighter Rachid Drilzane on 9 December 2006, winning a 10 round decision.

The most significant win of Khan's career up until that time came when he celebrated his 21st birthday by defending his Commonwealth lightweight title against Graham Earl on 8 December 2007.

Khan beat Kristjansen in the seventh round of a WBO world lightweight title eliminator on 5 April 2008. After Khan's victory, he was ranked second, behind only Joel Casamayor.

The same year in June, Khan lost to Irishman Michael Gomez, a super featherweight who was reaching the end of his career. He described the defeat as a 'backward step' in his quest for a world title.

On 6 December 2008, Khan recorded a comeback win against Oisin Fagan in a second-round stoppage. With victory, Khan won the vacant WBA International lightweight title while in July 2009, Khan moved up to the Light Welterweight to fight Andreas Kotelnik at the MEN Arena in Manchester for the

WBA World light welterweight title and won by a unanimous decision, 120-108, 118-111, 118-111, and become the third-youngest Briton to win a world title, at the age of 22. On May 15 Khan faced former light welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi at The Theatre Madison Square Garden New York for the WBA light welterweight title, which Khan won in the 11th round.

Besides, his professional engagements, Amir also find time to devote for philanthropist work. He helped in fund raising for Tsunami and Kashmir earthquake victims and other social works.

okaysss i should go now :OO
xx
Edited by AmirKhanLover.x - 12 years ago