Should the premiere of Mausam been canceled?

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey guys. Not trying to stir up any fights here. This thread is simply to debate.

With the passing of Mansur ji (Saif, Soha, Saba's father) was it right to hold such a big film's premiere? I mean of course life has got to go on. But while most of Bollywood was at the premiere, Sailf, Soha, Sharmila ji, & Kareena were spotted at the funeral.

Shahid in a video said had he known about the death earlier he would have canceled the premiere.

What are your thoughts? Was it right to have held the premiere immediately after such a loss to the industry and cricketing world?
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't think so.

WHY????

I know we feel bad but the premiere was all arranged before the death, money & effort went into it.

But would Saif, KAreena & Sharmila would have cancelled their movie premiere for Shahid or someone else???????

Each one to his.her own...

well it was all planned and ready to go before Mansoor Ali Khan's death.

though i really like Shahid saying he wouldve canceled the premiere if he had known before.

Plus i dont think Saif, Kareena wouldve went to the premiere anyways..

P.S- RIP Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi😔
Edited by spamalot - 12 years ago
No...the events were too close together, and I'm sure Saif and his family would understand

Nah! if the person passing was related to the cast/crew it would have been different.. and mansoor wasnt even a part of the film faternity, so where is the question of cancelling??? 

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
RIP Tiger Pataudi...

I think a personal tragedy affects the immediate family members and a close circle of people much much more than it would affect the fraternity and MAK was not even directly related to the film fraternity...

I am sure the ones attending must have offered their condolences... Life moves on... I dont think there was a need for the premiere to be cancelled... 

Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago
vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It was gracious on part of Shahid to have said...that they would have cancelled the premiere...

But why should that be the case...the whole Mausam team has gone through such a arduous  journey...now when they reached the end of that journey...they have every right to enjoy that...

Who says its more important to feel sad over Pataudi's death...than to celebrate the culmination of a 2 year effort...can't live ones life for some odd third person...

I was in fact..livid over seeing ndtv put out a video..talking about Pataudi's death...with Mausam premiere as background...Hello...Mausam premiere was the main event...seems like they forgot that...😛
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think Mausam has been around enough trouble and delays...also the premiere was probably decided on much in advance, so cancelling it may have been difficult. I am sure the team expressed their coldolences to the Khan family.
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i don't see any reason for them to even consider cancelling it since there was no relation between the two.
-Mala- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
NO.

lets not forget, kareena-saif were celebrating birthdays and holidaying when Shammi Kapoor passed away.

lets not even turn this one into a controversy. The Kapur's are not even connected to the Khan's/Pataudis in any way.
Edited by -Mala- - 12 years ago