'Lost count of the films I've worked in'-Mohnish

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

'Lost count of the films I've worked in'

• September 25, 2011 
  • By Reena Kapoor
'Lost count of the films I've worked in'

It's been more than two decades since Maine Pyaar Kiya, and in the interim period, Mohnish Bahl has appeared in several films, carving out a niche for himself playing a distinct variety of roles, even at the risk of appearing repetitive. Ask him to put a figure on his body of work, and he himself is helpless. "I have seriously lost count of the number of films I've done," he says, unable to hide his pride.

But for now, he will be using all his celluloid experience while appearing on the small screen, on the upcoming Kuch To Log Kahenge. "I have acted on television before, on shows like Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Sanjeevani. But I have always been reluctant to do a daily show. Even while working on these two shows, I was apprehensive about whether TV would be worth the time and effort," he says.

So what convinced him to change his mind for KTLK? "It's a wonderful show, a unique concept. Producer Rajan Sahi has made some good shows like Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. I was sure he would offer me nothing but the best," he says, adding that since not many film offers were coming his way, TV was a viable option. "Films as an option will always be open for me. I'll do films as and when I get good offers. At this stage of my career, I don't want to settle for mediocre roles though."

Television's current favourite Bade Achche Lagte Ho, the story of Ram Kapoor's belated marriage and its consequent after effects, is proving to be highly popular. But apparently, Mohnish's Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is also along similar lines. A collision course between two shows on the same channel? Mohnish rubbishes these talks. "The stories are poles apart. The older man factor is the only common element. Ram Kapoor is doing a fabulous job on BALH, and I hope our show is similarly well received by audiences," he says.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shrutireddygr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I hope KTLK becomes as popular as BALH!!! 😊
shibz thumbnail
all the very best to him...waiting for the show to hit the screens..
swatirahal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thanxx for sharing...
mudraswathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
How many films he must have worked in?
Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Must be really difficult to count the number of films he must have worked in...

Thanx for sharing Tanu
kritash thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing ðŸ˜Š