Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
How exactly does the C aspect of  "ABCD"  apply and why is a person "confused" just because they were born and grew up in a new home? By this logic everyone needs to learn the exact layout of their grandparents house even if they no longer live there and are some place else entirely.
Is my son confused if he doesn't know all about the San Francisco I grew up in even if he has spent his life in and function in an entirely different state now?
I never really understood how acclimating yourself to your new home and its ways was such a horrible thing.
Edited by youknowme - 12 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Of course the talk about coming back because of her kids is bull. She has career aspirations and clearly cannot do away with fame.

But I don't think there is any truth to this divorce story, more so because she has refuted this rumour on Twitter herself.

@MadhuriDixit1 Madhuri Dixit-Nene
Enjoying marital bliss. Team Dixit-Nene on their way to India!

bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't think it's true either. Media take one thing and then create a hundred different stories and theories out of it.
bullshyte

Madhuri is great
Interesting...
First off, I don't think you need to be on desh ki mitti in order to have knowledge of your roots. I live in the UK but I am very attached to my Desi roots and my folks made sure that I had a good understanding of our background since I was a kid. You can live abroad and still know the language spoken by you parents or the various things related to your culture.
Secondly, I don't know how much truth is in the divorce angle. The media love to mess about and they also said that Mads is going to be a part of BB. Now that would be fun but I doubt it's true! But I do think that she clearly misses the limelight and might want to give it another shot but this time properly.

Only she knows the real reason behind her return but if it's for another shot at Bolywood then bad move. The Katrinas, Bebos and Priyankas have taken over. The industry is unkind to 4o+ married heroines. Sad but a fact.
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
It's such a lame excuse.Just to teach your sons Indian values you don't move to India from America.And Nene who can hardly speak Hindi will never agree to settle down in India to teach his sons cultural values.He himself does not know much Indian values.So it seems such a lame excuse that they are travelling to India just for their sons to learn Indian culture.

The divorce news is also a crap.Madhuri is married for 12 years,has two sons,a rich hubbyand she seems like a very calculative woman.She ain't going to break her marriage.

Maybe for some reasons they need more money.And Madhuri knows that reality shows and advertisements can give her enough money.

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JONAKIHATESYOU

It's such a lame excuse.Just to teach your sons Indian values you don't move to India from America.And Nene who can hardly speak Hindi will never agree to settle down in India to teach his sons cultural values.He himself does not know much Indian values.So it seems such a lame excuse that they are travelling to India just for their sons to learn Indian culture.

He can speak Marathi.  I'm sick of this Indian=Hindi equivalence that's come up again and again on the topic of Madhuri's move back to India.

Yes, Madhuri says she wants her kids to learn Hindi and Marathi.  But there's nothing wrong with Dr. Nene not knowing Hindi, and equating that with not knowing anything about his roots is problematic.

I and another poster have said before, that there have been information to suggest that he knows and speaks Marathi.

He can get by fine in Bombay with English and Marathi, till he picks up Hindi.
Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Originally posted by: VanityGirl

Of course the talk about coming back because of her kids is bull. She has career aspirations and clearly cannot do away with fame.

But I don't think there is any truth to this divorce story, more so because she has refuted this rumour on Twitter herself.

@MadhuriDixit1 Madhuri Dixit-Nene
Enjoying marital bliss. Team Dixit-Nene on their way to India!

agree its the stardom calling her back. The kids and roots thing is just made up. Plus, by bringing them back she is actually creating chaos than harmony. Because her kids probably have their buddies and used to the surroundings. Were this the case, she should have brought them back sooner. Plus, one can connect to their roots abroad by parents teaching them  I agree with most who have said that I think people abroad have equal or more culturally aware than those back home.

TuesdaysChild thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wouldn't be surprised if this were true to be honest. I don't get the feeling she's as content with her life of anonymity as she thought she would be. She got married when she was ready and had had enough of the career thing and I'm sure it was enough for her, for a time. But it appears she's becoming restless again. It's possible the hubby will come with her but what are the odds? Hope they can work things out though, a failed marriage is always a sad thing.  
.Alluring. thumbnail
probably just a rumor