Rumor Mill: Madhuri D. heading to file a divorce - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago

Hope it's not true but odds are that it is. 

I'm born and raised in Vancouver, Canada and growing up I went to Punjabi & kirtan school after elementary class, spoke Punjabi at home and started watching Hindi/Punjabi/Pak-Punjabi movies while growing up.  A lot of people that meet me think I came from India and it's a total shocker that I was born here.  Whenever I went to India each time I see more and more Indians trying to be like the west.

Parents can guide the kids into the direction they want them to go to at a young age so they can get grounded with their roots and also learn their mother tongue, moving to India to do just that is too extreme.  I'm sure Madhuri and Dr. Nene know that so claiming this is the reason is foolish as we can all see through that. 

To me Madhuri has always seemed like a person who really loved the spotlight, glamour and all so obviously she would want to come back. From some time she was waiting for offers but a small reason could be that her family is overseas so if a movie went over it's schedule then it may be a problem, best way to have this hindrance out is by moving back to good, old Mumbai where all the filmy action is.   She can send feelers to SRK for work as he's wanting to do a romantic film and they had great chemistry onscreen and their pairing wouldn't be off. 
😲 hope not

But yeah Madhuri always seemed like she is too much into the limelight and glamour of BW

Originally posted by zainab25

Kids staying connected to the roots. *rolling eyes at Madhuri* I am an American and I still am connected to my roots (probably a lot more than many Indians are in India). India is only aping the West, the movies show it, the environment there shows it too. It's kewl to imitate Americans, their music, their style. They all don't have an identtity of their own anymore. (yea I am generalizing from whatever I have witnessed) You can very much still be an "Indian" here in America, with the type of environment your home and commuity provides you. She should just say it how it is: that she wants to milk the last remains of her dwindling career, which is star in a few more sabzi and mosquito ads, and then judge reality shows.

Exactlyy! 

I said the similar thing in another Madhuri topic. The whole "being connected to their indian" roots is just a load of BS. ðŸ¥±

Btw, I remember you predicting a few months back that maybe Madhuri is going bankrupt, hence, the reason for her coming back to India for an extended visit and taking up all those random ads on TV. It's safe to say that you're prediction is coming true? ðŸ˜†

that;s definitely a lame excuse , its not that ppl in Abroad dont know hindi or have no idea about culture, as some one mentioned they have more knowledge than many indians do , including me ...

seems like she is not able to let go of her fame and glam world , and her recent stint in JDJ might have given her more hopes and she is dreaming that she will be welcomed , 

honestly the ones who are out of business , should try for once but not too hard , too hard and desp makes them ewww type to love them any more ...

Sadly , i dont want PZ to show more of desp ... 
OK - here is where I put my money: no divorce, husband moves, lives here for about 5 years - they move back before kids get to middle school. She would have milked out whatever money she was worth by then. He will come here only if he is offered a HOD position in some big hospital like Hindujas though. 
He is most likely to hate it here and they would probably hoof it back in a few years.
She will never risk her marriage for anything/anybody/ any money. She has two adorable kids and a good looking, successful husband. What to do if her dil maange more?
I think he is ABCD and liberated enough to respect her career and help her get whatever she wants out of it.
But I sort of agree with everybody else's comments about raising kids here vs. the US. Unless you are culturally very tuned in (i.e your idea of Indian culture goes beyond Bollywood/ the Sunday religious classes/ speak your native language at home/ eating ethnic food at home and wearing the Indian outfit on International day at school)...you should not bother returning.

I highly doubt Madhuri, who has spent much of her adult life acting in Bollywood, can do much for her kids beyond the language and food bit. In fact, she is better off there. She can insulate her kids from the public eye.
Edited by jjairam - 12 years ago
Originally posted by ana1

apparently she is coming back so her kids can be connected to their roots. she wants them to learn about their culture and also learn hindi

What i don't understand is of indian parents in general not jus clebs, that if they are going to live abroad they should try to connect their children to the cultre as a child. I have seen this happen to a lot of families i know. As a child the parents are to busy making sure the child knows only english so he/she can fit in with their gora friends. But as the child grows up they are totally ABCD and then the parents complain😕. Its not important to go to india jus to connect children with the culture. My mom use to take me to gurdwara every week and only spoke to in punjabi at home. She consistenly reminded me of my vaules, plus i started watching bolly movies at the age of 4😆

this is for all parents don't wait for the child to grow up to teach them about their background start with them soon as possible

I totally agree with you...my cousin's daughter is learning to speak now, and they make sure thay they speak only gujju at home...coz she is going to talk in english once she is out of house...but I think it is parents duty to make sure that the children are grounded to their roots and culture, then no matter what part of world u stay, ur always going to be an Indian at heart...
I dont know this might be true or mads is sick of same old boring life in USA and wants to be in glamour world, same mistake that Karishma kapoor made...lets see...only time will tell whats cooking...

apparently she is coming back so her kids can be connected to their roots. she wants them to learn about their culture and also learn hindi

What i don't understand is of indian parents in general not jus clebs, that if they are going to live abroad they should try to connect their children to the cultre as a child. I have seen this happen to a lot of families i know. As a child the parents are to busy making sure the child knows only english so he/she can fit in with their gora friends. But as the child grows up they are totally ABCD and then the parents complain😕. Its not important to go to india jus to connect children with the culture. My mom use to take me to gurdwara every week and only spoke to in punjabi at home. She consistenly reminded me of my vaules, plus i started watching bolly movies at the age of 4😆

this is for all parents don't wait for the child to grow up to teach them about their background start with them soon as possible
excatly😊

Originally posted by zainab25

LMFAO, well Ranbir says 80% of the rumors are true, and I so buy this one. I already had assumed during JDJ that either she was in need of money or her marriage was ont he rocks. The latter seems to be true after all.

& we were right knew this from almost a year now her actions really gave it all away
she was in India for a very long time this year, also when her kids' schools had started ðŸ˜•

Exactly...you don't need to move to India to rear kids with Indian values, just start teaching them at a young age. I know it's harder if you live in an area with little or no Indian people, but it's not impossible

This rumor makes more sense to me because how can someone like Dr. Nene, who from what I've heard is a full-"American" adjust to India just like that? I doubt a man who ships the Denver Broncos is going to willfully switch to cricket😆