After Aamir & Salman,KARAN JOHAR bonds with AKSHAY

Posted: 12 years ago

After Aamir & Salman, Karan Johar bonds with Akshay

Kunal M Shah, Mumbai Mirror | Sep 23, 2011, 10.43AM IST

To welcome Russell Peters and Vinay Virmani to Bollywood, Akshay Kumar and wife Twinkle Khanna threw a big bash at their Juhu residence. What began as a last minute plan of a party for close friends and family became a big media event for all tinsel townies. 

The guest list included Akki's close friends Farah Khan and Shirish Kunder, Sajid Nadiadwala, Bipasha Basu, his Joker co-star Sonakshi Sinha, his Thank You co-star Sonam Kapoor, Vickey Oberoi, Gayatri Joshi and many more. 

The surprise package at the party was howeverKaran Johar. The filmmaker, known for his proximity to the King Khan, who in turn happens to be Akshay's on-screen rival surprised many by being a part of the celebrations. Incidentally, KJo is a close friend of Akki's wife Twinkle Khanna, which explained his presence at their Juhu residence. 

Goldie Behl and Sonali Bendre's presence at the party raised a few eyebrows as well. But then a source from the party explained that Goldie and Akshay had been friends since Akshay worked with the filmmaker in Angaarey, a Goldie Behl home production. Also, one may recall the many times Sonali Bendre had played Akki's leading lady in films like Tarazu. 

Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza who went public about their relationship at a recent awards function, came for the party together, perhaps for the first time ever. 

The real fun started when the guest of honour Russel Peters doubled up as the DJ and everyone, including a pregnant Lara Dutta, who had come with her husband Mahesh Bhupathi, hit the dance floor. And even Akshay Kumar who believes in the saying 'early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise', danced till the wee hours of the morning. 

The most interesting part about this impromptu party was the special arrangements made by Akshay for the media. A special buffet dinner was served for all the guests from the media with proper seating arrangements. 

There was even a covered area for photographers to safeguard them from rain. And all this was unique because other stars are just happy to keep the media standing outside the gate of their residence, fighting for a picture.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The guest list included Akki's close friends Farah Khan and Shirish Kunder, Sajid Nadiadwala, Bipasha Basu, his Joker co-star Sonakshi Sinha, his Thank You co-star Sonam Kapoor, Vickey Oberoi, Gayatri Joshi and many more.

they, the paparazzi  didn't take any of her photos. 

i wish she was still doing movies  ðŸ˜Š

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
KJo shoud be offered either a Fevicol ad or a tiny role in the next 007 movie!!😉
fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
isn;t it the same Russel  peter  who said that he hate bollywood movies??
now bollywood people throwed a party to welcome him..strange is n;t it?
hasini009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: fire_gun

didn't Kareena devi said that, she doesn't watch too many hindi movies.  BW people also hates bollywood movies.  par kya kare paise ke liye kuch bhi karna padtha hai

HariOm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Where are the photos of this party then?
babloo_mka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: spamalot

Goldie Behl and Sonali Bendre's presence at the party raised a few eyebrows as well. But then a source from the party explained that Goldie and Akshay had been friends since Akshay worked with the filmmaker in Angaarey, a Goldie Behl home production. Also, one may recall the many times Sonali Bendre had played Akki's leading lady in films like Tarazu. 

Sorry but did something happen way back between Akki & Sonali? 

Originally posted by: spamalot

Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza who went public about their relationship at a recent awards function, came for the party together, perhaps for the first time ever. 

Love them as a couple.
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
oh gayatri joshi was attending too...I wanna see her pic...she looked gorgeous at one of the recent events...and loved her in swades...wish she was still in movies...

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: fire_gun

somehow i feel all he said was just like a joke ...well i dont follow him so dont know much abt him if he jokes in real life too but i saw one of his vid during the party at Akki's home , reporter asked him if he liked working in the movie and he was like No , they were so rude on the set ...then she asked if he likes Shera di kaum punjabi he said NO ...while Vinay , Gurpreet Ghugi and lead actress were also standing beside him , all laughing , smiling 

so i found his these comment as a joke so i m sure even his Hindi movie hate thingy was also like a joke bcz if he is serious i doubt Bollywood wld have welcomed him this way and the way he is attending all the parties and promoting the movie 
fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: minnie.reet

somehow i feel all he said was just like a joke ...well i dont follow him so dont know much abt him if he jokes in real life too but i saw one of his vid during the party at Akki's home , reporter asked him if he liked working in the movie and he was like No , they were so rude on the set ...then she asked if he likes Shera di kaum punjabi he said NO ...while Vinay , Gurpreet Ghugi and lead actress were also standing beside him , all laughing , smiling 

so i found his these comment as a joke so i m sure even his Hindi movie hate thingy was also like a joke bcz if he is serious i doubt Bollywood wld have welcomed him this way and the way he is attending all the parties and promoting the movie 

I CAN believe ruseell peter words being hater of bollywood movies but cant trust and believe  these bollywood  celebrities😆 they can do anything