India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Recently Seen Movies (Page 84)

-MakhanMalaai- IF-Stunnerz
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Black Friday: i never saw it before.. its a pretty good movie.. dark and grey but based on all real events.. all the actors were brilliant.. Kay Kay Menon is such a good actor.. and that guy who played Tiger Memon.. It had Imtiaaz Ali in a itsy bitsy role LOL he was Tiger's brother i guess.. makes me wonder how is Dawood Ibrahim still free... after doing soo many crimes.. the man is sitting somehwere in the world planning destruction of some sort.. nice movie 3.5/5

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tvdekhabamboocopter

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged

Just saw EMAET!

I gotta say, it was IMRAN who stood out for me, all the way. I liked Kareena more as the film progessed, she did well.. but I felt like Imran was better. Especially him in that dinner scene when he tells the truth...he has improved! Clap

Pleasently surprised, bec. it was a lot better than what I thought. I had a 'feel good' vibe and it was well directed. Again, not the BEST or greatest, but worth a watch.

3/5

Edit to add- Best things about EMAET are the length and ending...the ending is really fresh! I was really surprised about the ending..it was nice!

Edited by IHeartDeepika - 10 February 2012 at 2:49pm
Sadie.Saxton IF-Rockerz
Sadie.Saxton
Sadie.Saxton

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
Just watched Fashion:
The ending made me cry. I didnt want to watch it at first, because I thought it wouldn't be my type of movie when it came out, but got around to watching it now after The Dirty Picture because of all of the comparisons.
It seemed like The Dirty Picture with a happy ending.
lil_desi_goddes IF-Rockerz
lil_desi_goddes
lil_desi_goddes

Posted: 11 February 2012 at 3:15am | IP Logged
Just came back from seeing Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, and its a cute movie, loved the performances, would not mind seeing it again! My rating is 3.5/5, definitely watch if you like a rom-com, like i do!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Siddhi_

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 11 February 2012 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Ek Main Aur Ek Tu

It is true, I'm SO GLAD that Bollywood direction styles are maturing.

Shakun Batra himself is a breath of fresh air, in all honesty. This movie was subtlety to the max, something that I've given up expecting off from Bollywood LOL The adorably soft scenes, the VERY cute animation-type approach, the date-by-date theme thing, totally cute.

I absolutely LOVED the 'sexy' scene in the restaurant between Rahul and Anusha LOL the chick who played Anusha did a pretty good job LOL, and Imran gakgakfg I just wanted to mess up his hair and kick Anusha out of the bathroom stall to take her place.. TOTAL cutie in that scene.

Imran's dinner-table meltdown scene- FINALLY. I still think he's holding himself back a little, but his face finally learned how to go all rage and scary haha... you could totally totally RELATE with him.. I think I have a similar personality to Rahul Kapoor's, and that's why I guess I managed to appreciate his character better. I'm just glad that Imran played it nicely <3 haha my inner fangirl's coming out againnn

Also, I absolutely loved Kareena's monologue about "averageness". It's not even an out-of-the-word, 'this is how life is lived' saga-esque monologue, it was put in very simple words, and I won't spoil it any further haha. Just loved this monologue, kudosss to the dialog-makers for that.

I did think of Geet a lot while watching Kareena, but ya'll said it right, Riana had much more maturity... even though she's crazy, she somehow has her head square on her shoulders, and Kareena displayed that so so nicely. She is, by far, the one actress who has the most un-ignorable screen presence.. it's more or less mind-blowing. Even when she's not all decked up and prettified, she's like in tears wearing a messy braid or whatever, she totally captures. Like I said before, I don't think this movie is her best role or anything, but she hasn't done ANYTHING short of expectations- she's a great actress, ergo she acted amazingly.

I was very surprised with Boman Irani and Ratna Pathak Shah... I didn't like them as much as I thought I would when I saw the trailer, but I guess their characters weren't made to be likable...

All in all, this movie is a LOT like Wake Up Sid.. takes a bit to get on to you, once it does, you can't stop thinking about it.. creeper types ahaha. I really appreciated this movie =D BUT I will say, I don't exactly think its a movie-theater type movie, itd would make for an amazing alone-at-home DVD.

Edited by liverach - 11 February 2012 at 3:49am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aitor-metrowzerSiddhi_

aish. IF-Sizzlerz
aish.
aish.

Posted: 11 February 2012 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Just back from Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu!
Man how did I enter this thread so late?
First of all I LOVE YOU IMRAN !
Oh yes! I am the biggest Imran khan fan that you'd find around!
I just really really love and adore this guy! :)

Getting back to the movie!
The movie was simply amazing!
I went for it along with my parents and we all really really liked it!
Going to the performances!

Imran Khan: This is definitely his bestestestest performance till date! One thing about this movie for him was that he was very expressive in the scenes that he was supposed to be! And after about thirty minutes Kareena gives him a hair cut, and he looks so damn. Cute! I seriously am not kidding! He looks so cute in his new haircut! There is a scene in the movie where he just shouts out where he acted amazingly superb!

Kareena Kapoor: She has also done a great job! She looks too cute in her entry scene! She had to do the role of this modern girl who is very out going and she has played it fabulously well! Her hair is a stand out in the whole movie! Her hair looked gorgeous! She has played her role to perfection!

What clicks about EMAET is it's simple story and very very unique climax! YES EMAET has the most amazing climax scene that I have seen till date and one thing I think many haven't noticed is that though the movie is just supposed to be an entertainer, it actually does convey a message! And that is 'Listen to your heart. Choose your profession by yourself. Do what you want to do in your life. Cause it's yours in the end.' And the movie has some scenes which are so freaking funny that you won't stop laughing! And some short by sweet roles of Boman Irani, Ratna Shah and Ram Kapoor is the cherry on top of the cake! On the whole, EMAET is an all rounder! It's got comedy, fun, sweetness and a message! And it's not a drag! You won't know how time passed! It's one movie which I definitely want a sequel of! It's pretty short actually! Loved this movie! And the amazing music also adds to it! This movie is in my list of favorites for it's uniqueness!

My rating- 4 stars :)

Edited by Aishh. - 30 March 2012 at 9:24am
sogazelle Goldie
sogazelle
sogazelle

Posted: 11 February 2012 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
I just watched Ladies versus Ricki Bahl...I liked it...it was light and fun...Oh boy... Ranveer is my new crush on screen...the guy is hot...and I like when he plays the romantic...
If the news are true that he's been cast with Kareena...I can guarantee that the movie will be a hit...those two will have explosive chemistry!!! And I'm not a Kareena fan.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 12 February 2012 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Ishq -- Watched it again. Aamir, Juhi, Kajol & Ajay are awesome in this movie. The 2nd half is a bit too dramatic (well the 90s effect) but love love loveee the 1st half

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

queenieYusBeemysticgoryfilms

Go to top