Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: zainab25

I know it's really common for me to witness it because I come from that culture and background, but I thought it was a no, no in Indian tradition, customs. Guess not. πŸ˜†

hahha i knoww ehh..πŸ˜†
100 % Love Review 

( I am so making avis of all songs from this film, and I am burning them onto a cd too!!!)

I am gonna write a short review. I thought the story was so relate-able because I am a student and competition stems in everyone. I liked how it still involved the family in it too, hence the movie catered to everyone ultimately. MahaLakshmi was sorta annoying in the beginning (lol) so I was on team Balu all the way. Ha. But I just loved how cute two looked in every single freaking frame. The movie was well made (except the ending!), and the editing, voice over, flashbacks were put together coherently. So that was a plus point. Anyways the film was believable. Two ppl tied to their egos that after a point they don't even realize they are destroying themselves...which is what was happening in the film. I was able to enjoy it more because the story was told in a light manner, with a few touching moments. There was so much color, so much vibrancy, a bit of funkiness, a bit of mischief (the waist bit and the Infatuation theory still is cracking me up!!! rofl) and overall how the two liked each other yet tried to hide that from each other was done in a fun and engaging manner too. Chaitanya has a lot to learn as an actor, and he will grow but I loved his geek look and how he was able to mouth his funny lines in a serious face. LOLOL. But I couldn't find him believable in the last bit where he was supposedly drunk and the confession was a but thandha, but other than that, this lil man is on my list of men to fantasize! πŸ˜† Tamanna was fun too, and I liked the transitions of her character. 

Overall fun film WITH LOVELY songs!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can watch the songs again definitely. 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI5sE8h35XA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWKcisdE0_Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpwUfQgeiiA[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by zainab25 - 12 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: zainab25

100 % Love Review 

( I am so making avis of all songs from this film, and I am burning them onto a cd too!!!)

I am gonna write a short review. I thought the story was so relate-able because I am a student and competition stems in everyone. I liked how it still involved the family in it too, hence the movie catered to everyone ultimately. MahaLakshmi was sorta annoying in the beginning (lol) so I was on team Balu all the way. Ha. But I just loved how cute two looked in every single freaking frame. The movie was well made (except the ending!), and the editing, voice over, flashbacks were put together coherently. So that was a plus point. Anyways the film was believable. Two ppl tied to their egos that after a point they don't even realize they are destroying themselves...which is what was happening in the film. I was able to enjoy it more because the story was told in a light manner, with a few touching moments. There was so much color, so much vibrancy, a bit of funkiness, a bit of mischief (the waist bit and the Infatuation theory still is cracking me up!!! rofl) and overall how the two liked each other yet tried to hide that from each other was done in a fun and engaging manner too. Chaitanya has a lot to learn as an actor, and he will grow but I loved his geek look and how he was able to mouth his funny lines in a serious face. LOLOL. But I couldn't find him believable in the last bit where he was supposedly drunk and the confession was a but thandha, but other than that, this lil man is on my list of men to fantasize! πŸ˜† Tamanna was fun too, and I liked the transitions of her character. 

Overall fun film WITH LOVELY songs!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can watch the songs again definitely. 

the shahrukh, kajol episode was hillariousss..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Watched singham,...

HOLY FRIGGIN GUACAMOLI...it was fantastic!! 

I didnt happen to catch the tamil version because something abt surya in a veerappan moustache turned me off completely...
but i saw the hindi version with ajay which was on TV and OMG...it was epic...

i sort of found the love track with kajal really cute though unnecessary...I Liked ajays performance...typical 80-90's sunny deol wala performance...although i would have prefered if it was sunny deol in the movie coz he would have completely blown me away with those action sequences...but ajay was still gr8 nevertheless...

i loved the marathi flavour in the movie..gr8 technical values...snazzily shot movie...

but the star of the show is PRAKASH RAJ...omgeee...hes such an amazing actor i think i have a crush on him...πŸ˜†...he was FANTASTIC in every scene he was in...and as far as i know, hes the only villain who can be menacing and funny at the same time...LOVED HIM...

my rating : pfff...nothing entertains me like a good masala movie...
so 4.5/5...a thumbs up..πŸ‘πŸΌ and a BIG hug to prakash raj for being so awsome...

Didn't know Chaitanya and Akhil were half brothers. I was googling Chaitanya up and it said how Akhil snubbed him and that apparently hurt him. LOL. Don't know how much truth there is to that. Akhil is handsome too, his mother is half Irish. Aww, I always feel sad for kids that are torn when their parents split, Chaitanya also had to move away with his mother post the divorce. Akhil seems to be shielded one. Chaitanya seems more close to his cousins anyways and a bit reserved too. 

Telugu film industry is only filled with family...there's bound to be lots of rivalry! Akhil may over take Chaitanya too, I feel. πŸ˜† Most of the times, the cousins rivalries seems to be in limits and at least on camera the cousins seem kool from what I have seen...lekin, I have only read negative articles concerning Chaitanya and Akhil. Aww, I still think Chaitanya is cute. Hope he succeeds despite all the rivalry bit! LOL! 
Edited by zainab25 - 12 years ago
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

but the star of the show is PRAKASH RAJ...omgeee...hes such an amazing actor i think i have a crush on him...πŸ˜†...he was FANTASTIC in every scene he was in...and as far as i know, hes the only villain who can be menacing and funny at the same time...LOVED HIM...

You think? I KNOW I have a crush on him. πŸ˜†
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^ PR was tooo epic in Singham πŸ˜†

his telephone booth scene had me spilling masala corn everywhere ahahha
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Always Kabhi Kabhi...decent movie but the end was a bit OTT. You can't persuade your parents just by singing a group songπŸ˜† But loved tht nerdy guy...he's sooo cuteee!😍

3/5
Edited by .shona. - 12 years ago
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Always Kabhi Kabhi

it was on TV and my bro recorded it and thank god for it, it allowed me to fast forward the movie πŸ˜†

All the actors were new, they need to get admitted into acting school now...😳
bad editing, bad direction and no story as such...there is no flow in the story as such...just some cute scenes here and there...thats about it...and Hello, we cannot just persuade our parents by performing on some rock song on school stage πŸ˜•...

2/5

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Pulwasha

yepp first cousins.. i never kneww south indian people could get married in their cousins.. cuz my friend is gujju and they cant marry her cousin brothers.. i was like yeehh kya koi khoobsoorat cousin ho to main bahar to kabhi naa dekhoon ussi ko pakar loon..πŸ˜†πŸ˜† i jokee.. no offence anyone..

Wow, I didnt know South indians can get married to their cousins...I am a gujju too and I always thought it happens in Islam religion, coz my cousin's best friend was muslim and she got married to her bua's son...so that happens with south indians too??

no offense anyone, I am just curious here...