Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Recently Seen Movies (Page 107)

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 26 March 2012 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

coming from a fello TaAnuian and HP fan...I'd say go for it...you'll love it since there's no vampires or werewolves in this oneTongueLOL plus Jennifer Lawrence is a billion times better (acting and personality wise) better than KStewDead

I heard of them a while back and I was actually planning to read it but life got in the way...so when I saw the movie trailer last year I was determined to read it before it came out plus JLaw RULESEmbarrassed I was excited to see her in a movie, I have a girl crush on her since X Men and I've been wanting to watch Winter's Bone

The book is really good I mean content wise, because Collins really has a great imagination when it comes to the grim reality of Panem so do give it a shot...I'm on the second one right now
I haven't read very much yet..distracted by other things and family visits..par so far it seems interesting. Thank god for no vampires and werevoles LOL Jennifer Lawrence was far more impressive than Stewart in the trailers alone LOL I'll hopefully finish it very soon :))

The only thing that threw me off was the werid names LOLLOL This reminds of me of when one of my English teachers told me that she couldn't read HP because names like Dumbledore/Hagrid were too weird LOL I couldn't even understand what she was talking about..and then when I heard names like Katniss and Peta, I was like..uhh I have to read about them? LOLLOL 

Edited by chocolover89 - 26 March 2012 at 2:52pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 26 March 2012 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
^yeah the names are a bit weird but its no biggie

oh yeah caution the first part of the book (and the movie) seems boring because she's describing everything about Panem and the Games and everything in the Capitol...when the actual Games start is whe the book gets very interesting and of course my fave part is the cave scene
.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 26 March 2012 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Ek dewaana tha...waste of my 2 bucks.

Neetu_Unleashed IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 March 2012 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
TintinleMechant IF-Dazzler
TintinleMechant
TintinleMechant

Posted: 27 March 2012 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Submarine

So this was amazing. It was actually a treat to watch. So fun and fresh and beautifully shot. And a killer soundtrack to go along with it. I had been putting it of for a while as I thought it would just be another average independent film. Though the trailer makes the film look like your usual 'coming of age indie film', it is one of the best ones i've seen from that category. The main character was believable and funny, and well acted. The lead female was fantastic too - who was refreshingly not a manic pixie girl.

I had read 'submarine' the novel when I was much younger, and I'd say, compared to what i remember, the film is a lot less dark than the source material. Which I think was a good decision on the directors part. It captures exactly what it feels like to be an overly self-aware teenager trying to be unique who still wants to ultimatley be happy and have everything work out.

The color pallete in this film is sooo nice on the eyes, and everything is so well shot. there are some lovely sequences in the first half which are unforgetable. The film's humor is also quite sharp and manages to wiggle its way into even the most serious of scenes. Overall i loved it!  A must watch for both people who are past their teen years and those who are still within it.

An extra bonus: the director of this film is Moss from The IT Crowd (for those who watch the show).

4/5

Edited by TintinleMechant - 27 March 2012 at 8:49pm
preity*zinta IF-Sizzlerz
preity*zinta
preity*zinta

Posted: 28 March 2012 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Rascals - Seriously W*F was I thinking. I had my finger on the fast forward button throughout the whole movie. It sucked SO SO SO bad. Bad acting, HORRIBLE wardrobe, awful music. Just bad bad baaad.
Jess. IF-Sizzlerz
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 28 March 2012 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
I just started watching Ek Main Aur Ek Tu and i don't even want to finish the movie. Really boring!
lastairbender Senior Member
lastairbender
lastairbender

Posted: 29 March 2012 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Hear Me(Taiwanese movie,2009);
everyone should watch this.I liked this one very much.There is a twist in the end.
for me 4/5

Go to top