Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Dangerous Ishq - It was unpredictable at parts, I don't know...I didn't like it.
2/5
Watched Borat again.
Very Naaiceee...
Hi5.
a little faith thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
That Girl In the Yellow Boots.

Hmm, I am really torn in reviewing this film since I can't actually work out if I enjoyed it or not.  Just like Gone, baby gone (another 'hmm' film for me) I loved the issues it raised but more so the intricate detailing that raised issues within issues and gave us interesting questions to ponder over because such topics have so much layering, especially when trying to search out the root causes, motives and reasons. 

However even if I stick a pin in the disturbing aspects of the film, I am still wondering over the overall message of the film which seemed very much defeatist.  I read that even the writer and director 'argued' over the ending.  Without giving too much away, I think the alternative 'happy' ending that the writer (Kalki) wanted might have left the viewer on a better note.  It would have made the rest of the bleak harshness of the film, the spite and the bitterness worth meandering through.  I guess at the end of the day, I am a 'I choose to live' kind of girl. 

Considering that there are very few, if only one, character that you find yourself caring about throughout the film; it still managed to keep your attention.  Kalki Koechlin Kashyap is wonderful, as usual. 

I would give it 8/10 for substance and style but maybe only 6/10 for execution.  I love films that make me think and even more so, films that stay with me yet I would say that although, I really liked this film and despite its original set up, good acting and commendable issue, I wouldn't recommend it. 

With love, Sabah
a little faith thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Saw Heavenly Creatures tonight. It is so different from Peter Jackson's other works. A far cry from the lavish Lord of the Rings series. It is much more subtle and psychological. However, you can see glimpses of his cinematographic style. The Parker-Hulme murder is just so twisted and obsessive. Overall it was an interesting movie. I really ended up feeling sorry for Pauline's mother. The only irritating aspect is Kate Winslet' really stuck up and uptight way of talking. 

If you haven't already seen it, I would recommend his other work, 'The lovely Bones.'  I know a lot of people panned it but I enjoyed its style and overall delivery a lot.  More in the style of Heavenly creatures.  

Feel free to ignore. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^^

Thanks. It is on my Netflix queue.
kimipatel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Must see paan singh tomer... Irfan khan Unbelievable his...😊😊 
Ishqzaade: QSQT part 2
EMAET: Jab we didn't meet part 2
Edited by ladygaga. - 11 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: ladygaga.

Ishqzaade: QSQT part 2
EMAET: Jab we didn't meet part 2

LMAO. This sums up EMAET pretty well 😆 

I remember I'd called it the foreign version of JWM...with a different end. 😆
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Rowdy Rathore ðŸ¥³

Super super film! Entertainment! Entertainment! Entertainment! I never had so much fun at the theatres like I did for this movie.. People were clapping and laughing every few minutes! Full on Rowdy... Heheh chintata, chinta, chinta...

Vicky Donor

Must watch film of the year. It strucks a chord in your heart and let you fall in love with the main leads. Interesting concepts woven in a nice story. Anyushaman is a relevation and Anu kapoor is hilarious...Pani da rang is soulful..

Paan singh tomar

Interesting biography on Paan singh, the unsung sports star of India. It is kind of bittersweet to see a person going through highs and lows with equal panache. Irfan khan is truly a powerful actor. Super! Super! 
Edited by Chamkeeli - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: chocolover89

LMAO. This sums up EMAET pretty well 😆 

I remember I'd called it the foreign version of JWM...with a different end. 😆

Yes its a subtle version of JWM in a way but still a good watch. I loved Ratna pathak shah, saw her after a very long time. Imran was surprisingly good and bebo was nice as usual.