Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by return_to_hades

So rather than fifty kids, it would have been interesting if they showed just one child who somehow connected with him or had parents who wanted the donor known. Show the fact that sperm donation can be a gift that fulfills a family, but at the same time it is a part of you out there that you will never have. Don't make a mockery, but show a sensitive story. 

like The kids are all right, with mark ruffalo? πŸ˜† that would've been a torture... The kids would be singing papa, oh mere papa... kind of songs. 
Imagine..having to pay 'child support' for 53 kidsπŸ˜•...I know he would not be responsible in this case...but the thought is scary..
Originally posted by blue-ice

Imagine..having to pay 'child support' for 53 kidsπŸ˜•...I know he would not be responsible in this case...but the thought is scary..

Have you seen the SVU episode with John Stamos - the hole in condom pregnancy abuser. There's actually men out there who prick holes in their condoms because they want to have as many children as possible and then convince the women to carry it to term.
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Have you seen the SVU episode with John Stamos - the hole in condom pregnancy abuser. There's actually men out there who prick holes in their condoms because they want to have as many children as possible and then convince the women to carry it to term.
No I haven't...but i really would want to know about the psychology of these men...why do they want so many kids...does it make them powerful...like a creator of life or somethingConfused
OMG I loved Vicky Donor.. it was so good..
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Bollywood needs to stick to making movies that don't bother addressing societal issues. I cannot believe they took such a sensitive issue and made a mockery out of it! Sperm donation is highly regulated (at least here in the U.S.). Once you donate sperm, you don't know who it is being donated to or how many times it has or has not been used. You don't even know if your sperm was able to impregnate anyone or not!

I cannot BELIEVE that the movie showed Vicky having OVER FIFTY KIDS through sperm donation and then went on to introduce him to do those kids! Darwin probably tossing and turning in his grave right now.

It isn't impossible for a sperm donor to have 50 kids.There have been cases where one sperm donor had over 150 kids(http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/06/health/06donor.html?pagewanted=all).Generally in India,according to articles I read in the newspaper and ICMR, they don't allow a sperm donor to donate after 10 successful pregnancies.(http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-05-21/delhi/31800028_1_sperm-donation-sperm-banks-donor).But the article also says that there is basically no law governing the issue as such so there are viloations.And I think this is why Vicky was shown having over 50 kids.*Spoiler ahead*In the movie,Dr.Chaddha was shown to be unsuccessful with his job since there weren't good quality sperm donors.And since Vicky's sperm was considered of very good quality,Chaddha exploited him to donate the maximum number of times,coz it meant more money for him and more fame for his clinic.*Spoiler ends*This is just my opinion but @red-I don't think the movie ever claimed to be path breaking or bringing over a change to the society.From the trailer,it was evident that VD was a fun film.The film was more like Paa than TZP...it had sperm donation as the theme,but the writer had woven in a story of his own,the story of Vicky and Ashima.Moreover,I guess they also wanted to include an angle of irony with what happens to the couple after they get married.I wouldn't deny that there weren't exxagerations.Yes there were,especially with the money Vicky makes by donationg sperm.But the movie never promised to be pathbreaking or realistic.It was only for entertainment purposes,if they had to show the reality then it would look more of a documentary.

@blue-It isn't necessary.Some infertility clinics makes it mandatory for the donor to know who the receipent is and vice versa.
Bloom IVF does not accept anonymous sperm donors. All donors must be known to the recipients; whether you've known them all your life or recruited them through a newspaper advertisement is not important - they just can't be anonymous. This is because Bloom IVF believe that everyone has the right to know their genetic heritage, and maintaining anonymity for donors prevents this.http://www.bloomivf.com/egg_embryo_donation.html

Public Service Message: Guys considering donating sperm, ignore the movie. (And yes, the po*n room is very much real. And so is the couch that the guy before you sat on and did his thang.)

πŸ˜†

Edited by .SB. - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Bokeh

Axu? πŸ˜†

Pliss to PM me the links. 

NahπŸ˜†
is there any recent bollywood movie that is worth watching?? i want to watch something but none of the movies these days seems good. πŸ˜•

last i watched "tere naal love hogaya" ...and i dont know what was i thinking to even pick this one. it was just awful.

any ideas??

Agent Vinod - SOOO boring. I could barely get through it. Took me three days to finish. I started liking it a bit after Kareena's little dance routine. Other than that the movie was so BLAH. 1.5/5
Avengers ... brilliant !!!

Ironman rocks !!! πŸ˜†

Keep------------Smiling !!!😊