Posted: 12 years ago
Risk-(randeep hooda) 

good movie 3.5-5.

ghost rider and spirits of vengeance:

not as good as first one.good special effect.for me 2.5-5

Saw Robert de Niro and Meryl Streep's "Falling in Love" (1984) last night. Amazing movie, absolutely loved it. Karan Johar's Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna is clearly based on this, with some changes. I loved KANK but the original is way better. Srk and Rani just couldn't do justice to the kind of acting Robert de Niro and Meryl Streep had in this movie. The emotions, the mimicks, the thoughts were superb. This movie makes you believe that love is above all else. Even if you're already committed to someone, when you meet the person you're really meant to be with, everything else becomes meaningless. 

Here's how the original story line goes-

Meryl (Molly) and Robert (Frank) bump into each other on Christmas eve doing last minute shopping. They even accidentally switch the books they've bought as gifts. Three months later they bump into each other again on the train (subway/metro) in downtown New York and recognize each other. After several coincidences and a clearly visible attraction towards one another, they make it a point to meet up on the train and spend more and more time with each other. They fall in love but they're both married.

Meryl decides she can't do this and they don't meet for some time during which Meryl's father passes away. Meanwhile, they both open up to their spouses and confess that they've met someone. Mind you, nothing happens between them physically, except for kissing. Robert decides to take up a one-year job alone in Houston, Texas and tries to meet Meryl right before he leaves. But Meryl isn't able to make it. 

Exactly one year later, again during Christmas time, Robert comes back to New York to sell his house because him and his wife are splitting. Meryl has also split from her husband but neither of them know about this. They manage to get to the same bookstore where they had first seen each other one year before. They see each other, they talk but neither mentions that they're divorced. They say goodbye and Meryl gets into the subway. The train's doors close and then Meryl sees Robert in the train, coming towards her. They kiss and hug and live happily ever after. 😍

Originally posted by Burcidi

Saw Robert de Niro and Meryl Streep's "Falling in Love" (1984) last night. Amazing movie, absolutely loved it. Karan Johar's Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna is clearly based on this, with some changes.

always knew KJO is pucca chor kahin ka😡
Edited by annuhai - 12 years ago
Schindler's List - 11/10

Will try to squeeze my thoughts into a review if I can, later.

Needless to say, it's probably the greatest film ever made. *sighs*
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Schindler's List - 11/10

Will try to squeeze my thoughts into a review if I can, later.

Needless to say, it's probably the greatest film ever made. *sighs*

👍🏼

What I loved best about it is they did not glorify Schindler as some sort of messiah, flawless or Great person yet by the end of the film you do feel he is a great guy and acted as a messiah for them. I absolutely loved how in the end he breaks down wishing he had saved more lives. So touching!
The man is flawed.What he initially did was for himself and his factory more than for the workers/jews and slowly it becomes more about them than himself.

Cannot point out a single flawed performance.Everyone did a great job.

@Masakali: One of my favorite films. The train station scene still breaks my heart. That's one great piece of direction and acting with perfect background score. SRK was absolute brilliance.👏

Edited by drummedup - 12 years ago
Ek chalis ki last local:
I liked it.It is a good movie.for me 4/5.

Kahaani

Watched the film today.Morning show,Housefull board,and a big round of applause by the audience in the theatre.surprised  to see such a reaction from the audience and all the more surprised to see such a tightly scripted movie.The movie will surprise you for good.

--
Review:

I was really excited for this movie from the time the first trailer was launched and the wait for the movie finally paid off.There isn't much to write in the review with respect to the story or synopsis as that would mean revealing the whole story and spoiling the excitement.So I would directly go to what I liked and what I didn't.

What I liked about the movie:

1)The cast-perfectly picked for the roles etched out by the director,all the actors do complete justice to their roles.Whether it is the leading lady Vidya Balan,who has the body language of an NRI returning to India,with a mineral water bottle by her side always,the way she walks,the way she talks and every little nuances is bang on.I would say out of all the roles in her career,this is the strongest role she has chosen and portrayed with elan.Parambrata Chatterjee and Nawazzudin Siddiqui stay true to the 'supporting cast' they play supporting Vidya to carry the film on her shoulders.Everyone else,Saswata Chatterjee as the contract killer,Kharaj as the police officer,the manager at the guest house and even the small running hot water(the logic behind this by the manager is funny😆) boy is really good.The whole cast can ACT and that's one of the strong points of the movie.

2)The chemistry-Who says only the main leads of a rom com should have chemistry?I loved the chemistry between Vidya Bagchi and every other character of the film.The chemistry between Vidya-Parambrata,Vidya-Nawazuddin,Vidya-Guest house manager(Bidya Madam+Jeero star😆) and the didi bhai wala chemistry between Vidya and the little boy at the guest house were my favourites.There was this human touch and bundle of unsaid and unexpressed emotions between all the characters which I really liked.

3)The story and the detailing-Basically the technical part is top notch.The story being a whodunit is fantastically written(though it drags somewhere in the middle but then again it becomes interesting).Writing a suspense thriller ain't easy and with the amount of detailing and precision shown by Sujoy Ghosh,I would say he has done a fantastic job.👏Like all the reviews,even I would give a thumbs up to the cinematographer and the editor.Kolkata has been portrayed in the best possible way ever.👏Not like Kekta mayee soaps or Parineeta where Kolkata=Howrah Bridge.The every nook and corner of Kolkata,the sulms,adda corners,the chowmein stalls and the Durga Puja has been fantastically shot.Its been shot just like the way the city is,without any cleaning up or anything.Editing too is really good;especially during the climax when all the loose ends are put to place.

4)Less music-Yes.The movie has no other songs except for Ekla Cholo Re and Ami Shotti Bolchi,and that too just one verse,which actually doesn't disturb the pace of the movie.While the way Ekla Chalo Re has been used is brilliant with the merging of Vidya and the durga idol;Ami Shotti Bolchi right during the opening credit roles sets the mood for the thriller.

Things I didn't like:

Nothing major but some parts in the middle could be avoided to make the movie more crisp.

And now the main part-The climax,where we come to know the truth of Arnab Bachi.Well it is an unexpected and shocking climax but I think different people might take it in different ways.Some might like it and find it believable and some might not.Some might not even understand.I personally liked it.A word on the cinematography again,the climax is shot in a grand way in the film.Kudos to Setu for showing the grand festival in the best possible way on the silver screen.😊

I would rate it a 3/5 for the story and the technicalities alone but if I add the performances then its a 4/5 from me for Kahaani.Really it is mother of a story like they claimed.Thoroughly enjoyed the film and would definetely recommend it.😃
Originally posted by pinkee

I Agree With u

I dont agree with u
Originally posted by tvdekha

I dont agree with u

🤣 🤣 🤣
Yaaayyy Yaaayyy.. I'm sooo happy I watched it in the theatres.. Outstanding.. One of the best thrillers ever made.. The whole Kolkata environment was amazinggg

Story: Vidya Bagchi comes finding her husband Arnab Bagchi from London.. Arnab Bagchi came to Kolkata for an assignment 6 months back and never returned.. If she's able to find her husband is for you to look out for..

Vidya Balan: She is brilliant, as a pregnant woman, as a worried wife, as a friend.. she is just too good.. Another amazing performance goes to Vidya's credit..

Prambrata Chattopadhyay: First thing's first he is so cute.. I knew him from his bengali movies but never watched any.. neither found him extraordinary but he's one of those who grow on you as you keep watching so yeahh he is so cute.. He did full justice to his character.. I'm already rooting for him to win the best actor debut.. Considering that it's his first hindi movie he was superb and he was only bengali in the film who actually called Vidya Vidya and not Bidya..😆 I like Parambrata 😳

Indraniel Sengupta: His role was very small.. but very important and vital to the story.. he was good in whatever was given to him..

The guy playing CBI officer: He was soo cool.. he was this badtameez person but he played his role so good.. I remember watching him in a itsy b itsy role in Munnabhai MBBS as the pick pocketer..but he has a full fledge role here.. and he was pretty amazing..

Rating: 4/5 YESSS.. go for it.. It's a must watch..a movie the supporting cast is equally needed in.. It's not just Vidya's film.. It's Vidya, Parambrata, Indraneil and Nawazuddin Sidiqi's movie..they complete it..