Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nitika2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Desi Boyz- was not expecting to watch this one all the way through thought it would be one of those silly comedies but was wrong, was not great though had a heartwarming story minus the Desi Boyz titile track, Subah hone na deh. The court scene at the end was riduculous!
Was an unexpected enjoyable movie.
Akshay n John were likable the lil boy was adorably cute not much to say about the actoress.

Rockstar- Amazing Ranbir rocks 😊 wish i had seen it at the cinema! was a great love story Nargis was ok was lovely to see late Shammiji and the tribute to the kashmir ki gali was nicely done. Really nice movie but title was mislading as was expecting story to be on an artists journey to fame rather then a love story! But Ranbir & the music kept the movie going 8/10
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: 2direct

You're an impartial fan Pallu 3/5 

😆😆
gujunpyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Tere Naal love ho gaya

U enter with a smile,n leave with a smile...Ritesh n Gen make a very very honest and genuine pair!..love them together!!!!...There's some overacting n all, but its a very feel good movie...definitely a one time watch..
The best part was gen's name being written in the credits as Genelia Deshmukh!..

3/5

fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Mumbai Meri Jaan

Why hadn't i watched this movie before?...No idea.
I liked the movie. Irrfan Khan and Kay Kay Menon were expectedly very good in their roles.I thought Soha Ali Khan was at the top of her game as well. Madhavan is great too. Vijay Maurya was fantastic! Couldn't get my eyes off of him in his scenes...played his character well. But i think the star of the movie is Paresh Rawal. He has played his character very very well. Its one of those characters that stay with you after the movie has ended. He was lovely.
The actors and the story is what made the movie for me. Though, there is no denying that the movie isn't GREAT. It has its share of flaws...but it is an honest effort. I appreciated it.

3/5!
(:
Edited by fly2me - 12 years ago
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ladies vs Rickey Bahl. 
This girl at work told me to watch this. I didn't like it. It was too cliche and boring. all the ladies were really pretty. I liked Raina a lot. she was in 16 december, if I'm correct. Anushka looked amazing though. okay I only finished this because of all the girls. lol
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Gasland :

Probably one of the most compelling environmental documentaries i've seen. The director and writer hypnotizes the viewer into a strange trance where you want to continue hearing his voice but its also heartbreaking to listen to what he has to say. Set to a backdrop of fluid banjo music and the rural landscapes of America - Gasland is haunting. 

The documentary is about the natural gas industry in america and the effects it has on the environment and people. It documents the experiences of certain families that reside in the towns where natural gas wells were placed - and the effects it had on the towns water, the health of the people, and their pets. 

Its very very well done. It culminates when the CEO's of the natural gas industries are at a meeting being confronted by people who want to do an investigation into the natural gas industry. The ending is in a way quietly terrifying - no real solution is formed, but the director laments the lost rivers of America, and how so much of our future will become jeopardized if the industry continues to expand. 

Everyone should watch GASLAND. It lost the 'best documentary' award at last years Oscars to 'inside job', but its just as good as inside job i'd say. Everyone should check it out. 
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: masakaliii

Gasland :

Probably one of the most compelling environmental documentaries i've seen. The director and writer hypnotizes the viewer into a strange trance where you want to continue hearing his voice but its also heartbreaking to listen to what he has to say. Set to a backdrop of fluid banjo music and the rural landscapes of America - Gasland is haunting. 

The documentary is about the natural gas industry in america and the effects it has on the environment and people. It documents the experiences of certain families that reside in the towns where natural gas wells were placed - and the effects it had on the towns water, the health of the people, and their pets. 

Its very very well done. It culminates when the CEO's of the natural gas industries are at a meeting being confronted by people who want to do an investigation into the natural gas industry. The ending is in a way quietly terrifying - no real solution is formed, but the director laments the lost rivers of America, and how so much of our future will become jeopardized if the industry continues to expand. 

Everyone should watch GASLAND. It lost the 'best documentary' award at last years Oscars to 'inside job', but its just as good as inside job i'd say. Everyone should check it out. 

I have not seen this documentary but it raises a lot of questions on natural gas. 

1. China is investing in Africa b/c of Natural Gas. Which isn't good. 
2. US became an energy independent because of Natural Gas.  it's true that hydraulic fracturing is causing water to be containmnated. most of Houston's water supply comes from fort worth/dallas where there is a lot of natural gas drilling happening. there was an article recently on culture map. http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/02-23-12-houston-considers-using-its-own-toilet-water-as-drinking-water-rather-than-relying-on-dallas-flushes/
lastairbender thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
recently i saw

I am Kalam; nice simple story liked it.

Adukalam: kolavari fame Dhanush's movie.I liked it.He won national award for this.

Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist :nice love story.cool
Pan's Labyrinth - 8.5/10
preity*zinta thumbnail
Yeh Saali Zindagi - For the longest time I had no idea what the hell was going on in the movie (probably shouldn't have been playing temple run while watching the movie :P). Took me a while to understand how all the plots clicked together.. I personally just didn't like the movie (mostly due to my lack of understanding of things going on) .. the music didn't seem to stand out either.. everyone acted their parts well. Not something I would watch again.