Posted: 12 years ago
Watched a couple of hindi films in the past month or so...most of them failed in the BO but surprisingly I liked them all...

Buddha Hoga Tera Baap - Big B rocks! I am not a fan of Big B in the 70s or 80s but I am his fan since 2000 or so. This was a chilled out typical hindi film...noting extra ordinary or path breaking...but fun to watch...because of Amitabh Bachchan's style. And I loved some of the puns 😉

Kites- Really liked it- especially the language thing- and I really enjoyed the mexican/texan/bollywood mix film making style. Even with plot holes and crazy stunts...it still worked. Hrithik and Barbara were great...and the visuals were stunning and the bg score was fantastic. Melodrama soap opera-ish movie at it's best haha. The ending could have been more positive but still worked for me. It kept me hooked!

7 Khoon Maaf- I loved the mood of the film and PC...it managed to keep me hooked...yes it was predictable but even then it was fun- I just wanted to know how and why she would kill all her husbands...and the twist in the end was good and I loved that a BW heroine was unapologetic about her grey character...but I had enough information about her to understand her psyche...PC's make up in the end is a bit of an eye sore but PC was awesome. I like Bharadwaj style...looking fwd to his next with IK and Anushka!

Oh ya all the husbands and supporting actors were good... Neil should do more serious roles. He is a better actor that way. I don't think he suits the masala genre!
Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago
I watched Gangaajal yesterday...

excellent movie. I feel like the story is mad similar to Singham, only Singham was much lighter and masalified, this movie is definitely not. It's not exactly easy to watch, capitalizing on that acid scene
The message of the movie is great, and very relevant to the public of India I guess...
I always find it a little far fetched when a single body can influence such a stubborn group of people regarding something, but I've heard of real policemen akin to the way Ajay Devgan is in this movie, so I gotta respect that, out and out.

Also watched SIVAJI

someone had said it right... you really gotta be from the context of the culture to appreciate Rajnikanth I guess... on a personal basis, I didn't like anything about it, nothing from the gross pairing of Shriya Saran and R sir, nor the hella hella far-fetched story.. areh, I hated the music as well, and it was AR REHMAN!

BUT like I said, I don't understand the context.
Originally posted by liverach

Also watched SIVAJI

someone had said it right... you really gotta be from the context of the culture to appreciate Rajnikanth I guess... on a personal basis, I didn't like anything about it, nothing from the gross pairing of Shriya Saran and R sir, nor the hella hella far-fetched story.. areh, I hated the music as well, and it was AR REHMAN!

BUT like I said, I don't understand the context.

sigh...

how can u NOT like rajnikanth in a blonde wig???...or the ridiculously huge glass set in the sahana song or the infinitely big palace thingy in the vajji vajji song...

btw those are the only three things i liked in the film...😆

^ Even though i understand the cultural context as ive grown up watching rajni films - i HATED sivaji. It was god awful - I love Vivek though :) So i watched it for his scenes. One of the best comedians in India  Edited by masakaliii - 12 years ago
Originally posted by masakaliii

^ Even though i understand the cultural context as ive grown up watching rajni films - i HATED sivaji. It was god awful - I love Vivek though :) So i watched it for his scenes. One of the best comedians in India 

agreed...shankar's weakest work till date...i loved his other ones like endhrian, mudhalvan, jeans, boys, gentleman etc,...but this one was too "un shankar" like...

...i liked Padayappa the best when it comes to awsome rajinkanth masala...
Originally posted by smartie_pants

agreed...shankar's weakest work till date...i loved his other ones like endhrian, mudhalvan, jeans, boys, gentleman etc,...but this one was too "un shankar" like...

...i liked Padayappa the best when it comes to awsome rajinkanth masala...

We have simular taste smartie - Padayappa is my favourite Rajni film too. Also "Muthu". And Mudhalvan is in my top 3 favourite tamil films, what a soundtrack rahman made for that film too eh? Boys is another personal favourite, while jeans and gentlemen are some wonderful films.  I havn't gotten around to endhiran yet tho. is it good?
Mudhalvan... shakalaka babbay...

i lovedd Mudhalvan.. from that movie i like Arjun.. he is a good actor.. he was soo brilliant in Mankathaa...😳

i also liked the hindi version Nayak.. Anil Kapoor was very good in it..
Edited by Pulwasha - 12 years ago
vaji vaji vaji..shivaji ends with MGR

supper mokkai movie that was

i liked vivek ..that is all
apart from vaanga pazhagalaam
The Grey

Heart-throbbing thrills and super performances by Liam Neelson and the supporting actors. Must watch in AVX...
City of God - 6/10
Edited by Beyond_the_Veil - 12 years ago