DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
@ a-loose-cannon and Pulwasha

Desi Boyz wasn't all that bad. The topic of male strippers may be a bit off-track from Bollywood standards. But it has already been used in Bollywood before. Plus some romantic elements of Deepika and Chitrangada Singh made it worth a while. The songs are good.

The only thing that I didn't like was the weak storyline. It was nothing too exciting. It's just a good one-time watch and then forget-about-it movie. 😆
=======

My friend, Alex, dragged me to the theater to watch MI:4. I was so unmotivated as I had a stressful week and wasn't up for some loud, attention-holding action flick. I wanted to take it easy that weekend, but to my surprise, the movie was awesome! I loved the action. There have been quite a few memorable scenes in the movie. I am waiting for the DVD release. One of the biggest reasons Alex pulled me to movie was the presence of Anil Kapoor in the movie. But after watching his role, the lesser said the better! Overall, the movie was a great cinematic experience for me!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Don2 ...3.5 

Absolute treat to watch , I dislike SRK for his over acting but used to like him way long back , and this movie reminded me of OLD SRK and absolutely loved his acting 

For once , Piggy is ok , she looks different 
Kunal was good , glad to see him 

Boman Irani was as usual good ...

This is more like a HW movie, and absolutely my kind ,  though the twists and surprises in second half except for Last plot of planning self arrest , nothing surprised as Don is suppose to be unpredictable and not easily deceived , so his tricks till the end wasnt a surprise for me , none the less good ... 

Very good casting , SRK looked Young ,Piggy was looking lean and good , Lara is stylish ... 

I missed Isha Koppikar though ... 

Fab presentation , classy is the word 

My new year so far had been good , Sherlock Holmes, MI- 4, and Don2 , nothing disappointing but very enjoyable and my kind of movies thank goddd 
Edited by breezy - 12 years ago
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I normally love watching and buying Hollywood movie DVDs and I hardly watch Bolly films but more than that it had been LONG since I watched a SRK hindi film.. last must be Rab Ne so this time I picked up Ra.1 while buying my movies! I love love love action films. And so I decided to check out Ra.1 inspite of having read reviews and hearing about it being not that good.
The movie just got over and umm, my bheja is sorta F R I E D right now. How do we say bad in Tamil? The starting was Terrible with the opening scene being of PC-Sanjay Dutt and SRK.. wow, with a bad start like that you don't really expect much 🤔 PC was overacting like shit. And the funny scene was so Not funny.
But then came Ra.1 alive out to look for Lucifier and it got SO interesting and I thought, wow, its ACTUALLY good. But wow again, was that interest shortlived or what 🥱 Action film turned into OTT drama.. bleeh. I was wondering when the melodrama is gonna get over but oboy, it just went on and on.

And were there some dumb scenes or what? They buried Shekhar's body by the Christian way and later they showed Kareena standing with the son near the river with the Ashes??? O.O And how the car in which Kareena and little boy were while trying to escape from Ra.1 and the car went straight through a BUS??? -___-

I can safely say the whole movie was just not upto it minus the two scenes with Ra.1 and G.one. I will give it to Shahrukh for trying out something new and the use of VFX and technology was good and I am also glad Bollywood tried something new but the script!!! Thats what Bolly films lack many a times. The script has many lose ends and is weak. Same with Ra.1. The script was more of a family drama movie than a superhero movie.

Performances were good though. SRK was great. absolutely LOVED Kareena. She has AMAZING screen presence. She looked beautiful. And hey, she didn't just dance around and looked beautiful but did a littleee fighting action too which was great to see. hehe. And those 10 seconds where she is evil, WOAH.. She was simple flawless in it. The kid was lovely to watch and Arjun Rampal did justice as well.

Overall, okayish. And the main reason for this review was to take out my frustation of how I felt about the movie 😆

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I finally watched Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge, after reading people's reviews here, and OMG, i totally lovedd itt. 
The casting was so perfect, and everyone did an amazing job handling there roles. 
Initially, when i read the story I was like WTH is this, butt honestly it's so good. 
The dialogues are funny to hear, and something you do hear in your everyday life, and even the music is so catchy, especially the birthday party song.
Mann, it's a must watch at-least once.
Really cute and nice rom-com, not trying to be all over the top like the many we have.

I'd give it a 3.5/5.
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't think it'll get a hit status. It definately was a good movie though.
-RaeesRiks- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
finally watched Iam Kalam...simple and very nice movie..kid was oustanding👏

hope to many more movies like this.
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yesterday i saw Chandni...loved the film..its so beautiful. Rishi was amazing and Sridevi simply ROCKED it! Vinod Khanna was good too. Great movie :)

Just watched Kabhi Kabhie...absolutely loved this film. everyone- Amitabh, shashi, rishi,neetu, etc were all fab. I loved neetu...she is sooo cute...a great mother-in-law for Katrina 😆 I just love her persona...so adorable! I hope she hasnt changed😆

Rishi is the best man...I always loved him and thats why i started loving his son...but now his son has made his own name...GO RANBIR!!! And neetu rocks! I love her now :)

And I als loved the fact that mainly in these two films, the story stayed with the heroine..nice...I wish they'd do that today too😭 Now actresses are just showpieces.
Katalicious thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: IwasaXXXstar

You watched it on netflix, did you not? 😆I watched it for the first time too. Besides Sridevi's sarees, did not like anything...😆

HUH?! TERO KO KESE PATHA?! I watched both on netflix😆
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: Katalicious

Yesterday i saw Chandni...loved the film..its so beautiful. Rishi was amazing and Sridevi simply ROCKED it! Vinod Khanna was good too. Great movie :)

Just watched Kabhi Kabhie...absolutely loved this film. everyone- Amitabh, shashi, rishi,neetu, etc were all fab. I loved neetu...she is sooo cute...a great mother-in-law for Katrina 😆 I just love her persona...so adorable! I hope she hasnt changed😆

Rishi is the best man...I always loved him and thats why i started loving his son...but now his son has made his own name...GO RANBIR!!! And neetu rocks! I love her now :)

And I als loved the fact that mainly in these two films, the story stayed with the heroine..nice...I wish they'd do that today too😭 Now actresses are just showpieces.

I love Chandini too. Sridevi was so gorgeous ion the movie.

You must also watch Lamhe, I think you will like it. It was one of Yashji's best movies to date.
Katalicious thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

I love Chandini too. Sridevi was so gorgeous ion the movie.

You must also watch Lamhe, I think you will like it. It was one of Yashji's best movies to date.

Thanks for the nomination Pragya! 😊

LOL I posted in the wrong spot😆
Edited by Katalicious - 12 years ago