Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: liverach

"Ahahaaa" 😆😆

waise because of youuu and your inluence i've downloaded Pyaar Ka Punchnama xD gonna watch it after exams lol

I have a habit of doing ahahah's or hahaha's or lol's or lmao's...you get the point!:D

&& Oh my! I feel the pressure!🥱😆
Hope you like it!!(:

I saw robot/endhiran...

*giggles*...whatte fun!! i love this movie to death. 

Things i liked:

The vfx which were gr8 and not overused for the heck of it. And the fact that they were used as a supporting tool for the story instead of showing off. 

The story which was a very ingenious masala potboiler with a difference...everyone knows rajnikanth and his chuck norris status. But this film actually gives him leeway to get away with all the "impossible physics" he churns out. its brilliant stuff. Plus, it also has a solid heart and soul in place rather than being just an empty special effects film. It raises some good points abt human relationships, prejudice in the society etc. 

Rajnikanth ofcourse...he plays 3 different characters in the film...1. the arrogant, mellow scientist. 2. The good robot 3. The bad robot. He is amazing in all the three roles. While he is convincing as a scientist, he is simply adorable as the robot and pure evil fun as the bad robot. Its amazing to see how much flair and charisma this man has got even at this age. 

the visuals...WOW...machu pichu, some unknown desert location, the AIRD set...all the frames in the movie are like a picture perfect postcard. 

things i didnt like:
Ash: I didnt like her in the film...felt she was too shrill and dosent have it in her to pull off a masala heroine...shes really pretty in somes scenes, but most of the times i felt her costumes were such a let down..i dunt get why manish put her in these extra tight fitting clothes which looked quite unflattering for her body type considering shes not toned. i felt she has looked better b4. not her best

The songs were okayish...i loved the picturizations but they are not one of reheman's best...still the BGM was gr8 and the songs grew on me as i heard them again and again...especially Arima, Kilimanjaro and the first song in the dessert...not reheman's best, but still good. 

overall, its the most fun film i watched since OSO...unpretentious, brash,OTT, unapologetic and simply dhamaal. 

one of my all time favs...5/5.

gujunpyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I had seen Robot with my kid bro in the theatre !!..i can still  remember himscreaming during the climax n whispering tht hey sis they copied from transformers😆..I really enjoyed it!!! Edited by -anisha- - 12 years ago
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Rockstar

Okay. Alright. Let me start of by saying "I didn't get it". Or maybe I did but seeing nargis as a heroine was too scarring of an experience to actually enjoy the film, perhaps because the film was about love - how can I buy into the story if they haven't marketed the love interest properly?

I was waiting to see this film since day one, and the soundtrack has been playing on repeat for the past couple months. This film has the best cinematography, score and the BEST male performance of 2011 easily - but it does not have flow, believability or a good female lead.

Here's the thing, everyone keeps talking about how it had so much heart but how can a film have heart when only one half of the romancing and love affair is done well? Why the hell did imtiaz pick nargis? She is stunningly beautiful but terribly flat as an actress, I wouldnt rate her above Katrina.

The concept is perfect, ranbirs performance was brilliant and imtiazs sincerity is seen in how he tries to weave emotion and detail into every frame, but again if the whole story is about pain and art via love, the love interest has to be marketed well. I will forgive even the shotty pacing of the film, but cannot excuse nargis. I was really hoping she'd be good she seemed very natural in the promos.

Overall, I am pretty disappointed. I would give it 2 stars but ranbirs performance, rahmans score, and imtiazs ability to bring a film of this style to india deserves a star on its own so 3/5 for rockstar.Edited by masakaliii - 12 years ago
AishMinoz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
TDP:
very nice movie ..not that dirty ...
Vidya ws AWESOME ...Nasirji ws gud too ..emraan's role ws 2 short .bt he ws gud ...mediocre story .reminds me fashion ..bt executed nicely ..
4/5
Edited by aiswaryaaa - 12 years ago
-RaeesRiks- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
watched Desi boys...
btw i had no expectations on this and it turned out to be just time pass...2/5 from me...hope akshay comeback in 2012..
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Saheb, Biwi aur Gangster

Brilliant. This movie doesn't have widespread BO appeal but if you want to watch a story about betrayel, politics, and how lust and love can often drive you over the edge this is the film to watch. Not to mention a surprisingly wonderful soundtrack to accompany the tale. It stars mahi gill, randeep hooda and jimmy shergill. All three of them are perfect in their portrayals of a deranged wife, undercover gangster and a king who has lost his status.

I loved it. It's a very specific type of story and the film follows the three characters lives closely without stepping out of their triangle too often, and there are some things you'll have to work out for yourself. the story isn't spoonfed to the audience, but that was refreshing. The film asks for a clever viewer, but greatly entertains as well.

An awesome film to kick off 2012 (I'm just going to delete rockstar from my memory). All three of the leads in this film FAR outweigh so many of our top actors and actresses. Anyway, watch the film guys! It's great.

4.5/5
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
LIKE CRAZY.

this was shot on a canon. amazingly awesome!!!! so good!! I dont like romance but I like this film only because it covers distance relationships and the consequences within it. I thought it was great. kind of an indie film. 
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Pappu can't dance saala - I am officially a vinay pathak fan now. ALL his films keep proving that you don't need any khans, khannas, or kapoors to make a cult movie. They have so much simplicity in them yet they turn out to be so powerful. I also realized what an amazing and underrated actress Neha Dhupia is after this film. All i can say is -- loved it. A perfect fam film, so do watch :)
4/5
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Sherlock Holmes Part II ---------- 4 

Classy one , liked every bit of it , and the way its made  one loose end can be ignored , and it was way way better than previous part 

Engaging story line , good edition and use of graphics , classy acting by Robert and Jude ... this had more witty and funny side of Sherlock than previous one 

Ending was superb , and classy ... 

Must watch if one is clueless to which movie to pick