Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
I recently saw Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 keira knightly version) for i dunno...the millionth time maybe...

The book is my all time favorite and the movie is a darn good adaptation of it IMO. The era was recreated perfectly and all the scenery in the movie is gorgeous. Its just how i imagined when i read the book and it adds soo much to the whole romantic feel of the story. 

Matthew is gr8 as darcy..sometimes i thought he was a bit stiff but other than that, he makes a good Mr darcy. The pride, the ego, the sensitivity everything was there. Same with keria knightly..she made an awsome Elizibeth and her chemistry with Matthew is just perfect. The guys who played supporting characters - The benett family, mr bingely, mr wickam, georgina, caroline, charolette are all wonderful and perfectly cast. 

My fav scene in the movie is the one in the rain which is perhaps the most romantic scene ive seen in a looong time...it has no kissing, infact matthew dosent even touch her...but therz just so much sexual tension in this scene its amazing. 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9CnUVqh4Fc[/YOUTUBE] 

In short, one of the best book adaptations ever...and yes, its bone meltingly romantic. 

LOVE it..

a perfect 5/5
Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
Phool Aur Kaante ::: Perfect Debut Movie of Ajay... He Just Rocked in this movie... just realize after watching the movie, Madhu didn't even have 6-7 lines in movie... hardly 2 lines till intermission πŸ˜†

Super Melodious SONGS - Nadeem Shravan just rock it...

Action - Veeru Saab di Wonder... Dialouges, Style... Perfect Blend it COLLEGE ATMOSPHERE... πŸ‘
Okay i saw TDP

I dunno...maybe i expected too much from the movie itself...it wasnt bad or anything...but maybe i was expecting something different...

nevertheless, it was good enough...

I liked the portrayal of the south industry...pretty accurate...Similarly, all the parodies n stuff in the film worked to a large extend and kept the film engaging. I liked the way all the characters were shown...except tushar's..he seemed misplaced in the movie and i have no idea whts the relevance of his role. 

The songs were good...very 80s...as required by the movie. 

The scenes i liked were vidya's first few scenes as the deglam"reshma", then her scenes with emraan. I didnt like the tushar kapoor track though. But the nassiruddin shah track was entertaining. 

The dialogues are actually my biggest complaint...Im all in for punchy, dumdaar dialogues,...but i dunt think i need one every 2 seconds..somehow it ruined the flow of dialogue and conversation for me in the movie...seemed really theatrical and unnecessary..some of the lines were witty, some just tried too hard to be witty. 

Now the performances...
for the first time ever...i loved emraan hashmi in a film..normally i find him totally creepy and wierd, but in this one, he was gr8. Very controlled, restrained and somewhat sexy too. 
Nassiruddin shah is superb as always. He plays the south hero really well without getting into stereotypes as in the usual ayyo, yanna rascala stuff...he plays it cool and chilled out and i love tht abt his performance. 
Tushar, like i said looked very out of place and wierd. His performance was awkward too...

The film was gr8 in the first half..but it slipped badly in the second when it begins to show silk's downfall. Things get a bit too cliched and predictable. 

Now now now 
Le Balan...she was zimply fabulous...I loved her as the small town reshma...then when she becomes silk, all arrogant and bratty and fiesty...shes gr8. She looks downright fugly throughout the film...but i appreciate her for being so bold and not worrying abt how she was looking as long as she was in character...kudos...

Overall..could have been much much much better...but not tht bad either...
3/5
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Aarakshan ...2/5

Total crap, till Amitab ckt resigned college it made sense as it dealt with reservation subject , after that nothing was theme , it was about a Man who stands on principles and its one man show , just like Aakroash nothing to do with sensitive subject and every thing ...

Hema Malini in the end was hilarious to see , the way she was weaving at ppl looked like she was getting ready to enter politics ... 

No proper constant scenes , Over night students turn teachers... 

Deepika , Saif were Ok 

Pratik should seriously stop blinking his eyes ... 

AB was good ... 

Manoj was ridiculous wat a talent wasted ... 

Edited by JustJ - 12 years ago
Indiana Jones: The Temple of Doom

It was overall a good movie, but the whole Indian religious cult thing was messed up and bizarre. Amrish Puri was totally at his A-game with his villainy, sad he's not around anymore
lentils thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I just saw Socha Na Tha (2005) for the first time on DVD. I decided to see it after several people mentioned it as a really good film that was underrated in 2005.

I liked the film! Abhay and Ayesha were so young then! It was kind of funny to see them so young. I think they acted really well in the film (Ayesha smiled too much in the beginning but it wasn't too bad). Abhay was suprisingly very romantic and sincere, especially comparing to his characters in Dev D and Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! where he was very rebellious. I could not get used to Abhay's funky long hair though and Ayesha appeared to have darker skin then. I think she looked good, she looks way more white now.

I just loved the scene where Abhay climbed to Ayesha's balcony and confessed his love. Sho sweet! I got a tear or two during that scene.

Some parts of the film didn't feel right though. There was a lack of emotion and excitement in the end in my opinion. Or maybe I'm too used to dramatic cheesy Bollywood endings. But the way and process through which Abhay realized his love for Ayesha was very nicely developed and portrayed.

The music sucked, which might be one of the reasons the film didn't do well at the box office. It's still a nice film, at least I can watch it more than once. β­οΈ
gujunpyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^ hey i think SNT has some pretty good songs too..like the goa one(my abs fav!!..)..and the title track played durin the confession scene..and oh,yara rab as well,played during the end..:)..but the rest are SO lousy dat its hard to believe the same person made all the songsπŸ˜†
gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Dil to pagal hai...

I don't know seriously why I wasted my time on this one.
No story, unbearably long. SRK and Karishma did good job though.
I never noticed before Madhuri's playtex inspired over sized bras, revealing shapeless mid section with crazy hair style. Madhuri can never learn styling. she still has horrible sense of dressing.

1/5 for me.
preity*zinta thumbnail
Rockstar - Some bits left me confused. I still don't know if I understood everything that took place. There were some great moments. Ranbir was awesome as 'Jordan', Nargis (so pretty!) was awkward to watch. I don't really know how I felt after watching it... I didn't hate it nor did I love it. I'd give it a 2.5/5
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: annuhai

Dil to pagal hai...

I don't know seriously why I wasted my time on this one.
No story, unbearably long. SRK and Karishma did good job though.
I never noticed before Madhuri's playtex inspired over sized bras, revealing shapeless mid section with crazy hair style. Madhuri can never learn styling. she still has horrible sense of dressing.

1/5 for me.

even i think the movie was overrated. πŸ˜•