Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TuesdaysChild thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Recently saw 15 Park Avenue, intriguing storyline, wonderful acting. Konkona Sen Sharma is such a gem of an actress.

I recently saw Maine pyaar kiya on zee tv...

Okay, i like HAHK more because thts the first movie i saw as a kid and so i have emotional reasons, but as a film, MPK is better...It actually had a plot and a story.

I think it was sooraj bharjatiya's least annoying movie...which actually had evil people in it other than the dieteties enducing saccharine sweet characters. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE salman in this movie...IMO, his best performance ever...he plays the bratty, cute, innocent yet strangely sexy prem to the hilt and i absolutely loved it...Bhagyashree was cute...but too cute for my tastes most of the times..and her expressions were off sometimes...but dayum...she had the most gorgeous hair in this movie...

Okay one major W*F moment tht had me laughing so hard when it shouldnt was when the sad version of Dil deewana is playing, and sallu is singing n dancing wierdly in the mandir, and bhaghyahree with all the sadness does some really really wierd moonwalking in the mandir...I laughed so hard i almost fell off my chair...πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUY9JhrHaZ4[/YOUTUBE]

check out from 3:21🀣

Also its quite cheesy like most 80's movies are, but i'll excuse tht coz it was quite trendsetting and pathbreaking for its times. The songs were lovely...I liked dil deewana, Tu chal main aayi, the title song and mere Rang mein (although plagarized)...

9/10...cute movie...gave me the fuzzies thanx to sallu. πŸ˜ƒ

I watched Rockstar last night, for the third time πŸ˜ My friend loved it so much that she called up her fiance once we got back home and totally begged him to watch it. She loved the lyrics so much and strangely, she loved Hawa Hawa the most! and Sadda Haq. She's watching the making of all the songs right now πŸ˜† I LOVE THIS MOVIE β€οΈ
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

she had the most gorgeous hair in this movie...

I agree, she did have gorgeous hair but it got quickly annoying after a while how she kept on flipping it constantly. It's like she wanted to show the world how gorgeous her hair is and make everyone else jealous. πŸ˜†
^^yeh i found tht annoying too..

the only time i found it cute was when she flirtatiously flicks it towards sallu and sallu is all like "WOW"...

i found tht sexy...β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜†
preity*zinta thumbnail
Aazaan - I tried to get into the movie for the first 30 mins.. but it was just really boring. I seriously thought about turning it off but I HATE leaving movies incomplete. So, I ended up watching the move on fast fwd to see what happens. The ONLY enjoyable thing about the movie was the music.
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: the scrutineer

Recently saw 15 Park Avenue, intriguing storyline, wonderful acting. Konkona Sen Sharma is such a gem of an actress.

I watched this movie years ago. It's actually the reason why I became a fan of Konkona. That was my first movie of hers and after that I started watching her movies
Watched The Dirty Picture today. Kinda disappointed. Performances were awesome but what a crappy screenplay in the second half. and WHY OH WHY did they show Emran and Vidya's story at the end for like 2 seconds? I mean, it didnt make any sense how everything happened so quickly. Best part about the movie? Vidya, Vidya and Vidya. Emran was awesome and Shah was brilliant. Tushar was okayish. 

As some critic said, the movie deserves 2 stars but Vidya Balan deserves an extra star. but would I watch it again? Nope. 
SunshineGirl6 thumbnail
Love ka the end

I cant believe m saying thz bt I actually enjoyed the movie aloot...its the perfect one to watch vid ur friends ONLY...we laughed so much that my mother actually had to visit my room to c if we were okay...🀣
A nice one time watch...

4/5

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
In one line, the story is abt a woman's attempt to live in a man's world and her struggle to survive and sustain in that world...

What really lifts the movie is three factors, Nasseruddin Shah, Vidya Balan and the dialogues by Rajat Arora...The dialogue.. Very crisp, sometimes witty, sometimes sadak chaap, sometimes naughty...
Without these three the movie would have fallen flat...

Nasseruddin Shah... What a powerhouse of talent... I loved his performance in A Wednesday... And this role was a total u turn from his other roles in recent times...Milan Luthria made a wise decision in picking him for the role... He got the nuances, the minute details, the expressions bordering on sleaze... Everything just right...

Vidya Balan... Two diametrically opposite roles this year... She started the year with a restrained performance and ended it with a bang in a role where she pushed herself and totally nailed the character...
This was a difficult role... A huge risk too... As of today no movies except for Salman starrers come with a guarantee that they'll click at the BO... Yes even movies with skin show have failed to click or have been just average grossers... I do agree that what grabbed the attention abt this movie was the titillation... But just skin show and no content and no extra ordinary performance, this movie would have been an average grosser at the most... It had the right amount of everything... Titillation to grab eyeballs, catchy songs, crisp dialogues, good content and above all good performances by Naseruddin Shah, Vidya and Emraan...
As an actress too she has pushed the boundaries... In an industry which is so obssesed with vanity, where vanity takes precedence over artistic consideration here is someone who went ahead and gained weight for the roles, used padding and prosthetics to make herself look plump and used oral braces during the end to make the character look bloated and flaunted it with elan...
There are so many times when the camera is not too kind and it zooms in on the love handles, the tires, the flabby tummy... Quite unflattering but the confidence with which she carried the role... Very commendable...

Tusshar... The weakest link in the movie... They could have just taken a newbie and i am sure he would have performed much better than him... Lot of screen time wasted on him...

Emraan... A short role but his role did have an impact... Wish they had cut down some of Tusshar's screen time and added to Emraan's...

Movie: It did dip after the interval... I felt the pre-climax a bit weak... They could have developed Emraan and Vidya's relationship some more so that we could feel for Emraan's character during the climax  ... Their relationship seemed very sketchy and very half baked...

Overall a good movie... Dont expect a masterpiece but it does have some memorable performances which linger in the mind even after stepping out of the theatre...