Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
  ^  may be that's why no one shown interest on Abhishek Gattu Kapoor as a director.  🤔
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Jab We Met: I realized why Kareena is one of my favorite actress..Imtiaz you rock :)
Nitika2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Aradhana- Beautifully shot and such a sad sweet movie. Loved the location, performances and most of the songs. Shamila Tagore was wonderful really well performed (I could not help but notice how much Soha ali Khan resembles her mum) Rajesh Khanna was likeable as always but for me it was Shamila's movie all the way. Really sweet nice heartwarming story.

Singham[-A rewatch netherless still enjoyed it as much as I did the first time a true entertainer, enjoyed it better then Dabbang. Ajay was superb Kajal did not have much to do the villan was great too good! Songs were lovely. All in all well worth the watch full on entertainer    

Murder 2-Really good story and well done good songs Emraan, the actress that portrayed Reshma was brilliant the Villan was really creepy so Id say he did his job well!! Jacquline had nothing much too do other then look pretty, only thing it could have done without was the over-exposer and sexual scenes no need really. other then that good movie.

.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Mere brother ki dulhan - LOVED IT! Kat's character is the cutest female BW character after Geet of JWM in recent time. Her acting improved so much, so did imran's. Loved her & imran together, actually loved the whole trio kat-imran-ali =) songs r amazing, specially ajab sa ishq hai...the story is very predictable but it's one movie i can watch over & over again. Really cute...watch it if u havent already.

Edited by .shona. - 12 years ago
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Love Breakups Zindagi

Cute movie. Love the simplicity of it. I really liked it.

There is just something SO charming about the movie. No, its not a major "wow, what a film" type. And no, its not anything that you probably haven't thought about or seen before. And its predictable too. BUT...the simplicity of the movie, the characters, the story, the "feel good" vibe, the way its shot, the music, the special appearances, the chemistry of  zayed and dia, and most importantly the way the movie focuses on the little things of life makes the movie very likable. Since the movie was so long i was worried that i may run out of patience but that was definitely not the case. And even though i could predict the end...i was still glued to the screen. I wanted to watch. It was lovely. A good time pass.

A nice one time watch!(:

6.5/10.
(:
Watched a very lovely Telegu film called, Geethanjali by Mani Ratham, it had Nagarjuna. Its an old movie, 1989 is the year of release! Thought of giving the DVD a try and I Loved it! For me fortunately, it contained subtitles! Background music and the music was really good. Great direction and camerawork! 👍🏼

My rating: 4/5
kash4life thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Mausam- a 3 hour film that could be done in an hour and a half!

DRAAAGEEED and dragged and then dragged some more.

Also so many disjointed scenes, there wasa real lack of flow and continuity in the film. Me and my friends had loads of W*F just happened moments.

The theme was good, the romance was awesome, Sonam looked flawless, Shahid acted flawless...but still there were many thing missing which for me ruined the movie. One time watch with a fast forward button essential.
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Nitika2

Aradhana- Beautifully shot and such a sad sweet movie. Loved the location, performances and most of the songs. Shamila Tagore was wonderful really well performed (I could not help but notice how much Soha ali Khan resembles her mum) Rajesh Khanna was likeable as always but for me it was Shamila's movie all the way. Really sweet nice heartwarming story.

I love this movie.i remmeber watching as a kid..
i still cry over it...
if poeple havent seen this movie..they should😳
preity*zinta thumbnail
Singham - I thought it was corny and really cheesy at parts. I also found it to be superr boring. I liked the last 20 minutes of the movie more than the movie itself. Ajay did a decent job. I'd give it a 2/5
Watched Dushman (the 1998 version)

When i first saw it, i was like 12 years old and it freaked me out...7 years later, it has the SAME effect on me!!! I was creeped out till the very end and watched the whole movie cuddled up like a scared kitten...

Story im sure everyone is familiar with - Ashutosh rana plays Gokul who is a serial rapist/killer who preys on girls when they are all alone in their house. Kajol plays Sonia and Naina, twin sisters who live with their mum...they have a peaceful life, until one day when Sonia is attacked by Gokul when shes alone at home and is brutally raped and murdered. Now, its upto Naina to take revenge for her sister. 

I liked the story of the movie...very feminist...normally in old movies, we have the hero's sister getting assaulted and the hero takes revenge..i liked how they gender switched and made the heroine's sister get revenge...The scene where Sonia gets raped and killed with naina on the phone helplessly listening to all her screams was heart-wrenching to watch

Plus, i found it very realistic how Naina, who is meek and pushover types learns to face her fears and avenge her sister's death. 
Kajol was good..I usually dunt like her screechy personality tht comes across in films, but she was tolerable in this one...especially as Sonia.  

Tanvi azmi was gr8 as the mother...she really bought across the Pain and angst tht a mother goes through when she loses a child. 
I loved sanjay dutt...he had such a wonderful character to play...he's the one who trains naina Physically so tht she can fight  Gokul...                                                            
but the star of the show is Ashutosh rana...I seriously shut my eyes whenever he came on screen...he just oozes so much EVIL tht even today he scared the bejesus out of me...I remember when i first saw it, i couldnt answer the doorbell without getting scared for like 5 months...His performance was sooo good tht u begin to loathe him with such passion and want terrible things to happen to him for being such a sick perv...

Some of the songs were good and fit in well with the narrative like Chitthi na koi sandes and awaaz do humko...the rest were unnecessary IMO...

Id give the film a 3.5/5...gripping, sad but uplifting at the same time, because it shows tht ultimately, courage and will power will get u through all the odds in life...watch it because it is a gr8 morale booster. 

Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago