Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
^ LMAO! Such amazing choice of words.. "maggot mixed with puke dish" you described the film for me right there! πŸ˜† Zoya's LBC was a million times better than ZNMD. ZNMD seems ameteurish compared to that film and even more horrible when compared to DCH. When the film came out I got some tweets on my TL saying ZNMD is a "man" film while DCH is a "boy" film. I ended up saying "Wow! This film is that good?!" I watched it... And W*F!! How does it look "man"-ish in any way? Like you said DCH was much more deeper and handled with much better finesse than ZNMD. ZNMD was not completely sucky, but no way comparable to DCH.Edited by mysticgoryfilms - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: mysticgoryfilms

^ LMAO! Such amazing choice of words.. "maggot mixed with puke dish" you described the film for me right there! πŸ˜† Zoya's LBC was a million times better than ZNMD. ZNMD seems ameteurish compared to that film and even more horrible when compared to DCH. When the film came out I got some tweets on my TL saying ZNMD is a "man" film while DCH is a "boy" film. I ended up "Wow! This film is that good?!" I watched it... And W*F!! How does it look "man"-ish in any way? Like you said DCH was much more deeper and handled with much better finesse than ZNMD. ZNMD was not completely sucky, but no way comparable to DCH.

I know...LBC was gr8...loved the characters, the performances, they were genuinely funny...like rishi kapoor's romy rolly...πŸ˜†and u actually feel for him when he cries in front of his wife, or when koko dosent succeed in her mission but learns to compromise in life in the end...thts real stuff man...

with ZNMD, i was just rolling my eyes all over the place...couldnt connect to even a single character and their high school problems...
^ High school problems indeed. That "live your life" mantra got cheesy after a while. Wowww... someone made Hrithik realize there is more to life than work, Abhay accidently proposed to Kalki and made Kalki such a horrible person that the audience had to side with him... Farhan's problem was okay, the scene with Naseerudin Shah was good and it was the only problem that didn't seem so kiddie-like. For Hrithik and Abhay, I didn't see any reason for them to go on that trip and realize what is life... (That "seize the day my friend" dialogue comes to mind now, sooo cheesy!!)

LBC was so deep and intricated... Well Zoya is still a talented director and happy she got a hit but blah...
Originally posted by: mysticgoryfilms

^ High school problems indeed. That "live your life" mantra got cheesy after a while. Wowww... someone made Hrithik realize there is more to life than work, Abhay accidently proposed to Kalki and made Kalki such a horrible person that the audience had to side with him... Farhan's problem was okay, the scene with Naseerudin Shah was good and it was the only problem that didn't seem so kiddie-like. For Hrithik and Abhay, I didn't see any reason for them to go on that trip and realize what is life... (That "seize the day my friend" dialogue comes to mind now, sooo cheesy!!)

LBC was so deep and intricated... Well Zoya is still a talented director and happy she got a hit but blah...

bingo...the main reason why the film didnt work for me was coz it was too preachy...i dunt need to hear "live ur life" throughout the movie to get the message tht the movie is abt "enjoying life"...katrinas character was like a guidance councellor cum paolo choelo...πŸ˜†...

i dunt have a problem with highshcool problem films, as long as they fit in the context...even DCH had high school problems but u could actually see the characters "Growing up" there...aamir went from being frivoulous to responsible...saif went from being confused to adamant...and akshay's whole journey of slapping aamir, to hugging him in the hospital was so real...and they were playing fresh college graduates anyway so their trivial problems seemed genuine...

couldnt see any growth in the characters in ZNMD...they were all like.."meh"...and yeh, that drilling down of the "message" didnt help either..
^ Yeah, DCH had high school problems too. Finding the love of your life is kind of cheesy. πŸ˜† But the difference between DCH and ZNMD is that although both dealt with cheesy stuff, DCH was still able to keep it fresh and that "cheesy stuff" turned into one of the movie's biggest strengths.

Zoya sadly was not able to do that with like her brother. Even the best lines were given to Farhan because he wrote them, that one line I genuinely laughed at, reminded me of his DCH-style of humor. ZNMD was too long and I didn't see any reason for the people to go to Spain to learn about life. Couldn't that happen in India also?
^^muhahahah...true...

on tht note, i happened to watch Ghayal the other day starring sunny deol..

two words: MIND.BLOWN...
what a friggin kickass movie...Sunny deol was FANTASTIC...meenakshi sheshadri was lovely although she didnt have much to do...Amrish puri was epic...i wish rajkumar santoshi worked with sunny deol again...wonder why they split and he started doing films with ajay instead?...i love ajay, but comeon, hes no patch on sunny deol in rajkumar santoshi films...Damini, ghayal being the examples..

my verdict: A perfect 5/5...pure cinematic awsomeness...
^ I never watched Ghayal, one reason could be is that I don't like Sunny. πŸ˜† I liked him in films like Lakeer and Apne etc, but not films like Darr and also Ghayal, I guess. πŸ˜†
^^yeh mystic...i know u once told me ur not too fond of violent movies...and well, ghayal and most sunny deol films are pretty violent...so its definately not everyones cuppa tea...

but it sure is mine...πŸ˜†
^ Well it's not exactly violent movies, I watch South movies and they are pretty violent πŸ˜†. It more has to do with watching Sunny Deol play a lead which makes me cringe.
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
^ LOL why? You think he is ugly or something?

Ghayal was awesome. I loved Sunny's movies of that era. And Amrish Puri was the most iconic desi villain IMO.

Loved that song with Sunny and Meenakshi - "Don't say no". I remember Sunny had a funny dialogue just before that ("ek taraf bharat, ek taraf Mahabharat", something like that).

I believe Sunny is making a sequel with another director. I don't have a good feeling about that. I mean, c'mon, Ghayal Returns urgh! Gimme a break!
Edited by Kal El - 12 years ago