Why do Bollywood stars not watch hindi movies? - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
ofcourse, every BW star worth his/her salt watches it, if not just to check out their competition... you think kareena or anyone didnt watch the older generation to learn the nuances of bollywood "acting" and "dancing"... damn straight they did... these actors are lying through their teeth to make themselves seem worldly and pretend that their tastes run akin to the oscar nominated movies... 
Originally posted by: eraser

They don't because they're jealous of watching other actors onscreen. πŸ˜‰

I think Eraser is right. Most actors/actresses are jealous of watching their rivals onscreen, esp. if the film is a hit πŸ˜† Or maybe they do but don't want to admit it out in the open. I've lost count of the number of times a celeb is asked, "Did you see X's recent film?" (which happens to be a hit) to which the celeb replies, "no I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure they've done a good job." It's just a way of avoiding giving any praise :P

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I dont think its only a Bollywood thing though...I think its a Mumbai thing. When I went to India this summer, every teenager I met was totally westernized, they cringed at the sound of Bollywood music, they absolutely couldn't stand most Bollywood movies...All I ever saw on their TVs/computers was Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother, Friends etc. No one bothers with Indian pop culture anymore (not that it's that exciting anyways)

I think Mumbai (at least most of the people I met) has become in that state of mentality that West is best, and I could see examples all around. I didnt quite understand the western mania. I definately agree about Saifeena being wannabe's in that department...especially in KWK where Kareena answered that compatibility test questions, I was cringing at how much Saif is trying to be a wannabe

PS @Tiya...LOVING the Phil avi in your sig...Modern Family rocksπŸ˜‰
Edited by Tani91 - 12 years ago
zzzzzzzzzzfffff thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I love twitter and a lot of the actors and actresses i follow are really proud of their work, and they are constantly watching with fans or promoting. Like some tv stars will be like "east coast are you watching..?" then discuss it with fans on twitter, which i think is great! Sometimes, i get the feeling that bollywood stars aren't proud of their work, which makes me as a viewer think..if you aren't proud of it then why should I watch it?" thats not to say that an actor cant laugh at himself or his work...i think that i an important quality too! That's one of the reasons i respect aamir khan professionally...because he only acts in movies he believes in. 

I understand watching your own stuff can be awkward...i never do it, or being busy but a lot of you are right...it seems as if they do watch the competitions movies but dont admit to it. Honestly, I used to love bollywood, but i think a part of me growing up and becoming smarter has really bored me with their story lines. I think their is a greater need of talented writers than actors/actresses in the industry.