Why do Bollywood stars not watch hindi movies? - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
because they cant bare to see their crap acting, once they see themselves theyll never turn to acting again...
Originally posted by: youknowme

Have you ever heard your voice recorded and played back? Horrifying isn't it? My son is a ballet dancer and he usually has to put at least a year between his performance and watching the DVD of his performance. It's pretty normal to be creeped out by seeing or hearing yourself on tape or film.

That could be one reason, If course snobbishness might be another but then we all feed into that don't we---when we rave about Hollywood's weakest productions, rhapsodize about the beauty of any woman with a drip of white blood and shred anything Indian or Bollywood?
Even SRK is feeding into the inferiority feeling when he compares every frame of Ra.One to a "Hollywood" production.
You know, the person who feels confdent doesn't constantly compare themselves or their product to another industry. They just do their best work without invoking the work of oithers as a basis for comparison.
One never hears George Lucas comparing does one?
Just saying.

its interesting that srk always comes up in ur discussions...
Cotillion thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Maybe they don't like hindi movies.
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: choco786

its interesting that srk always comes up in ur discussions...

Is it? Did he? Well yes, I suppose since I used Ra.One as a readily accessible example of the theme of this thread...
Edited by youknowme - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: youknowme

Is it? Did he? Well yes, I suppose since I used Ra.One as a readily accessible example of the theme of this thread...

i thought this discussion was about kareena nor srk??😊
youknowme thumbnail
Originally posted by: choco786

i thought this discussion was about kareena nor srk??😊

But Kareena hasn't made any grandiose statements comparing Ra One to Hollywood films and I was hazarding a guess as to why Bollywood star"s" (not just Kareena) would feel it appropriate to claim not to watch their own industry's output.
donniedorko thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It's their job to make movies, if someone works at a fast food restaurant, it doesn't mean they have to eat there. What you do to make a living, and what your personal interests are may be different.

It could even be the opposite, that they have digested so many Bollywood films that they can barley stomach them anymore. I'm sure that if something interesting comes along that sparks their curiosity they will watch it. Depending on your taste this might be once in a blue moon, also being in the mood, having the time, there might be something else you would rather do than watch a movie you don't even think you will enjoy.

Bollywood in my opinion is still ages behind Hollywood. So if you can understand and enjoy a Hollywood film, why would you settle for second tier? After all Bollywood is the wannabe, and Hollywood is the real thing.
youknowme thumbnail
Originally posted by: donniedorko

It's their job to make movies, if someone works at a fast food restaurant, it doesn't mean they have to eat there. What you do to make a living, and what your personal interests are may be different.

Totally makes sense to me when you put it this way!
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Firstly, i feel like their just bullshitting. Obviously they watch hindi movies, how else are they supposed to sniff out new meat/competition and then come out a couple months later with the exact same look/song/item that just became popular. How else do they know what flies in india and what doesn't.

The fact that they don't admit this though and just sound like they are above hindi movies is so irritating, it makes us look like fools for watching their films, and themselves fools for starring in them.  

Honestly, saying you don't watch the films from the industry you star in has got to be one of the dumbest statements stars make. It insults their profession, their fans, and themselves. 
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: tadashi

why are you selling me a product that you wouldnt even buy yourself. You criticize hindi cinema and claim not to watch them, but you expect others to watch them? 

good solid question! even i wonder da same... 

i, being a non indian watch indian movies although i dont know da language. must thank shah for my hindi language skills cuz i mastered it while watching srk movies. but why does bollywood stars claim they watch hollywood/english movies instead of branding their own movies?!? it's a bizarre for a foreigner like myself ðŸ˜•

there could few reasons for this type of behaviour; either they're not proud of their products or they want to portray a different avatar to da world

btw as for ur question about good movies in 2011, honestly none of da movies made an impact in me so far & im still pretty much awestruck by likes of my name is khan & 3 idiots