Why do Bollywood stars not watch hindi movies?

zzzzzzzzzzfffff thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I was reading a kareena interview and she said she doesnt watch too many hindi movies.I am not bjust bashing her, she's just the most recent one I've heard.I am sure I have heard several other stars say that too. They like to watch american films, often ones that make them sound a little pretentious to me. It really bothers me because, why are you selling me a product that you wouldnt even buy yourself. You criticize hindi cinema and claim not to watch them, but you expect others to watch them? 

On another note:
Honestly i havent been on IF in a long time.I just logged in b/c my mom told me saif's father died, and I wanted to read some articles on it and post condolences.  I dont watch anything hindi anymore, and now i dont even know where to start. Whats a good movie out? or actually what are all of the 2011 hits? 
Edited by tadashi - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

i dotn watch hollywood movies coz i dont want to

i do watch friends
and used to watch buffy
but other movies etc

no thnx

i better stick to salman khan movies coz they are enjoyable..
.Alluring. thumbnail
i haven't heard any star saying i don't watch too much hindi movies but i watch american movies. BUT most of them i heard saying when asked they haven't got a chance to watch certain certain movies. it does make me wonder why don't they watch their own movies. but i guess they are just too busy. Or because they already know everything of it they are not interested to watch it? πŸ˜•
Because most of them are pretentious, wannabee, jokey  dimwits who idolize anything and everything western.. For them, Meryl Steep is a better actress than Waheeda Rehman and SRK has nothing on Johnny Depp.. although the latter can be true..πŸ˜†

How can they watch hindi movies.. especially the ones they star in.. considering suicide is a crime..
Maybe because they're embarrassed of their own work. 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
They dont watch Hindi movies as they are smarter than the south Asian public.
They don't because they're jealous of watching other actors onscreen. πŸ˜‰
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: eraser

They don't because they're jealous of watching other actors onscreen. πŸ˜‰

The best answer everπŸ˜‰
Kareena was just rattling off whatever Saif does. That girl is 31 and still is very easily influenced. Get a backbone woman.I've never liked Saif offscreen, he's too much of a rockstar wannabe. He acts like he belongs to the 80s hair bands...you know the wannabe guns and roses, kiss, Def Leppard groupies. Kareena on the other hand worshipps the ground he walks on. I remember she always said she loves masala,naach gaana, bollywood,  and all of a sudden she starts acting like a psudo-intellectual parrot. She's worse than Saif. 

Has she seen any other work of Meryl Streep besides Devil wears Prada and Bridges of Madison county? I think not. She needs to be herself. With one boyfriend, she turns vegetarian, with the other a wannabe. Who knows whats worse.
Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Have you ever heard your voice recorded and played back? Horrifying isn't it? My son is a ballet dancer and he usually has to put at least a year between his performance and watching the DVD of his performance. It's pretty normal to be creeped out by seeing or hearing yourself on tape or film.
That could be one reason, If course snobbishness might be another but then we all feed into that don't we---when we rave about Hollywood's weakest productions, rhapsodize about the beauty of any woman with a drip of white blood and shred anything Indian or Bollywood?
Even SRK is feeding into the inferiority feeling when he compares every frame of Ra.One to a "Hollywood" production.
You know, the person who feels confdent doesn't constantly compare themselves or their product to another industry. They just do their best work without invoking the work of oithers as a basis for comparison.
One never hears George Lucas comparing does one?
Just saying.