eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
I grew up on a staple diet of the 80's hindi movies...with the background music of dhan tana...the hero defeating twenty baddies around him...πŸ˜ƒ

So who can appreciate a formula more than my generation? Two brothers...mele mein bichhde hue..or railway station...or take ur pick...πŸ˜‰ and reuniting in the end...or the ameer gareeb love story...or one brother cop and one a baddie...or main badla lunga...we grew up on these hindi movie formulas...

Thought this generation will never know the pleasure of meeting one...but ...Eureka...I forgot our creative telly world...and dhan tana...now in this day and age...lo and behold..we are back to the old & tested formula fiefdom.

Now our Tellly world since the last five or so years..;.seems to be running on the same ole ghisa pita formula...called...zabardasti ki shaadi...end mein badhaye desh ki abaadi...πŸ˜‰...in english...a forced wedding...will eventaully lead to the bedding..πŸ˜†!!

So, take a boy and a girl ofcourse ...and by hook or crook get them married...it can be anything under the sun, money, samaaj , fear of defamy...family pressure...any weird one can do...they just have to not want to marry...so...where were we...yeah get them married...and then start spewing situations where proximity will force them to fall in love...dont beleive me...take a look...

Some of the top shows...in the past and present...pratigya, saathiya, bade acche lagte hain, pavitra rishta, uttaran, laagi tujhse...to oldies like bidaai...take a hit show...and this will be the formula it was based on...(cant remember all the names of the shows...coz contrary to the impression i m creating...i hate to watch themπŸ˜†)

Putting humour on the back burner...isn't it a shame that in this day and age ...we are hell bent on showing forced marriages...for whatever the reason...

( In case u have not yet guessed...just heard that we might have one in this show too...πŸ˜†...what can i say other than this...the cvs could have done better!!!)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

invalid thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
I will definitely be very disappointed in the show if they follow a forced marriage story line. The show just seems to be set out in a world where the characters are so much more realistic and sane compared to previous shows and I would like to think they have a better solution to problems risen other than a forced marriage. I cant see Khushi or Arnav agreeing to it. And if they do, im hoping the freshness and uniqueness of their characters will keep the show up and running like none before showing us a different side to indian television. Im hoping their characters can turn something so standard into something different and stimulating. Hopefully it is just a silly rumour, just like the Khushi will work for Arnavs dad thing that someone posted. Unless Khushi dies periodically between 9 to 5 and is reincarnated, I dont see how she could work with Arnavs dad. Lets just trust the show, the characters and the actors to keep the show as we love it today !
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I don't think it'll be forced marriage cuz both the sides will oppose this marriage after what Arnav has done so far! other than that i think Arnav will set options for Khushi and they both will try to get their families agree on their marriage! in the end, i know the marriage won't be forced!
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: ccuteaangel

I will definitely be very disappointed in the show if they follow a forced marriage story line. The show just seems to be set out in a world where the characters are so much more realistic and sane compared to previous shows and I would like to think they have a better solution to problems risen other than a forced marriage. I cant see Khushi or Arnav agreeing to it. And if they do, im hoping the freshness and uniqueness of their characters will keep the show up and running like none before showing us a different side to indian television. Im hoping their characters can turn something so standard into something different and stimulating. Hopefully it is just a silly rumour, just like the Khushi will work for Arnavs dad thing that someone posted. Unless Khushi dies periodically between 9 to 5 and is reincarnated, I dont see how she could work with Arnavs dad. Lets just trust the show, the characters and the actors to keep the show as we love it today !

like ur optimism...and some of it has kind of rubbed of on me...πŸ˜ƒ
I just wanted something different..thats all...for once..something unique..refreshing..challenging the norms kind of story line...yes i do agree...that a lot depends on how the same subject is treated or presented and how it progresses...but still...hopefully this is just one more rumour about this show...for now...let wait and watch..and rewatch..and rewatchπŸ˜‰
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: areeba123hina

I don't think it'll be forced marriage cuz both the sides will oppose this marriage after what Arnav has done so far! other than that i think Arnav will set options for Khushi and they both will try to get their families agree on their marriage! in the end, i know the marriage won't be forced!

whichever way we look at it...if it does come to a marriage...arnav obviously does not want to marry khushi...he will do so for revenge...and khushi too does not want to do the same...she will comply under arnav's pressure...so it is a forced marriage...where both the parties are coerced by circumstances..
-Leah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
U me aur TV always dishes out crap.🀣..they first said that Shyam was Khushi's bro,then they said there would be a live-in and now a marriage..while I do beleive they will marry at some stage ..what with all the isharas Khushi gets from her Devi Maiyaa.🀣..I dont want it to be just now.They both are so young man.Getting them married would mean both of them in the house 24/.7 and saaas bahu drama Lame!.The showmakers have done things different as of now..I hope they maintain it and dont screw it up for TRP'S..coz the TRP'S are anyways good..plz dont make it an SNS and Gopi vahu imitation just so it reaches numero uno status.🀒
lnp11 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Perhaps, it will not be a forced marriage or a contract marriage.  They might mutually agree to the arrangement given the situation. He will continue to be mean to her, to cover up his feelings and she will dig her heels deeper and fight the only way she knows,  slowly but surely win him over.  We will wait for those glorious moments when he is soft, loving and gentle to her and cherish each one of them. I agree with you I do not think a live-in track is viable with khushi's frame of mind.

Regarding consummating marriage.  This has been a very unpredictable show.  The things Arnav  has done to Khushi and the liberties he has taken with her leads me to believe they will not wait a year to consummate the marriage.  There is an underlying attraction between the two of them.  Plus if this is as everyone says a Mills&Boon type male characterization,  he is not going to wait long, Arnav is already losing it.  Imagine being in a room all night with her, he will go mad, if he doesn't have her..plus we do not want him to go to Lavanya for a bootie call.  (ok just kidding).  The Mills&Boon hero is going to take  his woman in every sense, when he puts that ring around her finger or mangalsutra around her neck in this case.  They will spar during the day and let their bodies speak a different language at night. 

I could go for some healthy sparring between the two and for Khushi to actually help this poor tortured demented man.  It is about time the show turned around. 
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: lnp11

Perhaps, it will not be a forced marriage or a contract marriage.  They might mutually agree to the arrangement given the situation. He will continue to be mean to her, to cover up his feelings and she will dig her heels deeper and fight the only way she knows,  slowly but surely win him over.  We will wait for those glorious moments when he is soft, loving and gentle to her and cherish each one of them. I agree with you I do not think a live-in track is viable with khushi's frame of mind.

Regarding consummating marriage.  This has been a very unpredictable show.  The things Arnav  has done to Khushi and the liberties he has taken with her leads me to believe they will not wait a year to consummate the marriage.  There is an underlying attraction between the two of them.  Plus if this is as everyone says a Mills&Boon type male characterization,  he is not going to wait long, Arnav is already losing it.  Imagine being in a room all night with her, he will go mad, if he doesn't have her..plus we do not want him to go to Lavanya for a bootie call.  (ok just kidding).  The Mills&Boon hero is going to take  his woman in every sense, when he puts that ring around her finger or mangalsutra around her neck in this case.  They will spar during the day and let their bodies speak a different language at night. 

I could go for some healthy sparring between the two and for Khushi to actually help this poor tortured demented man.  It is about time the show turned around. 

your words literally take me to la la land...πŸ˜†...i hope from the bottom of my heart that this show does prove unpredictable and doesn't go the normal family saga way...