Posted: 12 years ago
ytanuja thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
CONGRATS ON THE NEW THREAD,
ritzy09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

I think I left lot of people breathless in the last part. So, here is something to cool you down.

Note1 – Thanks to Abreshmina, abinash079 and crazydevil87 for giving so many comments on my last thread that I am here now with thread 5.

Note 2 – I did respond to some of the comments on Thread 4, so please do read them.

Chapter 75 - Engagement

Everybody in the party was amazed at the angelic beauty as Geet walked out in the garden. It was already dark and lights were giving a special effect to a very romantic setting. She knew that her family had worked very hard to make everything perfect for her day. As she walked, she thanked Babaji silently for such a loving and caring family.

Pari and Annie flanked her at both the sides. Geet saw and nodded at her family and friends. As per Geet and Maan's wish only Geet's mamaji with his family and chayiji were there. From Maan's side his mama and mausi were present with their families. Adi and Pinky stood with Maan on stage. Dr Sood was also present as he had become Maan's mentor since his joining the hospital.

She walked slowly to Maan who was already waiting for her at the stage. He looked at her lovingly as she moved towards him. There was a big couch in the middle and Pari and Annie made both of them sit there.

(Friends I have explained here a very north Indian style of engagement ceremony specially done in Agrawal families….I hope you like it. Let me know if I went overboard so that I can tweak marriage chapters accordingly)

Milni / Tilak

First Rishab came close to Maan and asked him to sit on the carpet. He also gave him a long handkerchief to tie on his head.

Then Raj came and sat in front of Maan. He put a tilak with roli on his forehead. He then gave him a thali having 5 ginni (gold coins) and a gold chain. Next Rahul gave him traditional clothes comprising of shirt, pant, suit, vest and handkerchief. He also presented him with an omega watch.

Geet's mamaji and his son also did tilak and gifted Maan cash.

Raj hugged Rishab and Maan and then asked him to sit on couch. Pari came and asked Geet to sit on carpet next.

God Bharayi

Juhi, Annie, Maan's Mami and Mausi along with his first cousins Priya and Sheetal came on stage carrying big thals covered with satin clothes and sat around Geet in a semi circle.

Juhi removed the cloth from first thal to reveal heavy Kundan Jewelry. Annie removed Geet's maang tika, necklace and earrings. Juhi with help of all ladies placed the new maang tika, earrings and necklace on Geet. She took the Kangans and added to her arms.

Next thal contained all the makeup items. Annie removed Geet's bindi and put a new bindi. Then she touched her eye and face make up with all the new makeup things. Finally Juhi lifted Geet's maang tika, took a pinch of sindoor and put it in her parting.

Juhi took a basket which contained a doll. She took the boy doll and placed it over dupatta in Geet's lap to signify prosperity in their upcoming married life. Then she took Gola (dry coconut) and placed it in her lap.

All the while girls kept on teasing Geet and praising her beauty.

Ring Ceremony

Juhi signaled Maan to join Geet. Maan sat next to her. Rishab came and gave a ring box to Maan. He removed the ring and placed it on Geet's finger. It was a simple princess cut solitaire set in a gold band. His fingers lingered a little longer and he squeezed his thumb. He wanted moment to stand still as he marked her as his own in front of the world.

Geet felt his warm and soothing touch seeping into her soul…assuring her as they took the first step of their new relationship. She blushed and removed the ring from another box and placed it on Maan's finger. It was a gold band studded with multiple diamonds.

Juhi opened a box of sweet and gave it to Geet. Geet felt shy with all eyes on her as she fed Maan. She blushed even harder when Maan took the same ladoo and fed Geet amidst clapping and whistles.

Wedding Saree

Finally Juhi removed veil from the last thal which contained a red saree with gold drops all over it and a red zari border. It also contained a silk chunri with jaipuri print and heavy gota at the corner. Juhi placed both the things in Geet's lap.

Everyone clapped to signify ending of official ceremony.

Pari came forward to help Geet as she got up. She was holding all the things in her pallu carefully but her foot stuck in the long skirt of lehnga. She balanced herself but the doll started to fall on the ground. Maan saw her faltering and caught the doll. At the same time Geet had also moved her hand to catch the doll and Maan caught that as well. Rahul and Rishab hooted at the little exchange which made Geet blush.

Pari took all the things from Geet and kept it aside. They both sat at the couch as Panditji came up on stage.

Panditji – "Nakshatra aur Kundli ke hisaab se sabsa pehla mahurat  kareeb 3 mahine baad ka nikalta hai…tareek hai 11 March"

Raj thanked Panditji and gave him dakshina. He proudly announced the date of marriage to be fixed on 11th March. Maan squeezed Geet's hand lightly as the date was announced.

Their heart thudded together and Geet looked at Maan who was gazing at her with all the love in the world and an assuring smile on his face. He mouthed her – "Congratulations Mishti". Geet smiled slightly but then shyness took over her at the thought of her marriage day. She blushed and looked down.

Rahul went to centre of stage - "Guys and beautiful girls…as you all know Maan and Geet along with many talents share a common talent…and that talent is of having a beautiful voice….so aaj ke din…in dono ka gaana na ho….yeh kaise ho sakta hai. So before everyone hits the dance floor, Maan and Geet will sing for us"

Geet gave a glare to Rahul and shook her head. "Oh come on Geet!!!!  Is se acha bahana aur kya milega dil ki baat kehne ka…waise bhi Maan ne humein itna ullu banaya hai to kuch to harjana bharna padega…come on…sab ghar ke hi log hain Guddan"

Everyone clapped.

Geet felt considerably shy and Maan knew there was no way she would take a lead.

(This song is from movie Ghar - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hM3MnQGWbs )

Maan thought for a moment and started –

Aap Ki Aankhon Mein Kuch Mehke Hue Se Raaz Hai

Aap Se Bhi Khubsoorat Aap Ke Andaaz Hai

He held her hand lightly and smiled at her –

Lab Hile To Mogare Ke Phool Khilte Hai Kahin

Aap Ki Aankhon Mein Kya Saahil Bhi Milte Hai Kahin

Aap Ki Khaamoshiyaan Bhi Aap Ki Aawaaz Hai

Geet blushed at his words of compliment. Geet finally joined him as he placed his arm around her shoulder and squeezed it

Aap Se Bhi Khubsoorat Aap Ke Andaaz Hai

Aap Ki Baaton Mein Phir Koyi Sharaarat To Nahin

Bevajeh Taareef Karna Aap Ki Aadat To Nahin

Aap Ki Badmaashiyon Ke Yeh Naye Andaaz Hai

Maan and Geet finished together

Ho Aap Se Bhi Khubsoorat Aap Ke Andaaz Hai

Everybody clapped and showered them with appreciation.

Precap – Now I've had the time of my life

---nishu--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
😊yipeee😊
i mthe first guest⭐️ in their engaegment
it really feel gud and honoured to be first on this occasion
and as per rituals they r gud
and your song choice is awsome dear

buttt😡😡
the date of their marriage is to far😭😭

whole three month
how could they going to survive
bechaare they are so 🤢🤢 to be one
Edited by 9n9i9s9h9u9 - 12 years ago
srikrithi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Wow!! Engaged!
Three months for wedding.
Sabr nahi hota.
Waiting for next.
kawaii_geet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wowww di
luvd it..
was waiting for ur update since long!!!!!!

plz plz plz abhi kuch gadbad mat karna till their marriage!!!
can't wait for the next!!!

minnie_tweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
loved the update di
really hope ab sab acha hi ho till their marriage
continue soon di

m such a big fool..dint wished u for a new thread
congratulations di...may u have many more to come
Edited by minnie_tweetie - 12 years ago
sweet scorpio thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
congratz 4 the new thread!!!

awesome!

loved it!

you hve written all the rituals very beautifully!...

continue soon!
Audiwalia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Finally they are engaged... Awesome...
luvgurti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail + 2