A Method to his Madness - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by -RushTrip-

whoa there Radhe! you said it all with this one!!

Specially that last scene I felt as if the tears which were constricted in his heart for so long were flowing thru her eyes.
The Mask is back on at the end but the damage is done she saw the real HIM.

especially the one in blue... i had am floored by that... yeah..the connection is complete... separate yet together..pain joins their hearts...

Ah we saw things related to tears...and had new interpretation for me when you said those lines...

beautiful!!
awww thank you, that last scene just touched my heart.

They have this invisible connection from the beginning and its getting stronger by the day.
Nice post Anu.

The vulnerability of Arnav was cleverly conclealed by his own rakshas. Emotions,   turning back on itself, and not leading on to thought or action, is the element of madness. 

Arnav has realised  that  the walls he had built to keep his sadness has also kept out the joys of his life. He is a  lonely  person who needs company. He has clevery masked his feelings and chose only to exhibit those emotions he felld necessary.

Opening up to Kushi he let his mask slip, giving a glimpse of his soul to her. Its now up to her to assuage this hurt child and make a man out of him.
Originally posted by current

Loved your take today Anu..  Thanks Zainab!!!!!!!!!

But why is that the method..

Because this is the only method that allowed him to live and become something.  We repeat behavior that gives us the results we want.  If being a bada*s harda*s has gotten him his empire - has given him the respect that he lost with Sheesh Mahal and his parents - he is going to hang onto it like a security blanket.

Because little boy Arnav did not meet a passing stranger ..who gave hope from despair...but lessons from life..prob larger than life..and cruel ones at that have hardened him...

I love it how symbolic the aviators were..they came off in the beginning and went on in the end..PURRRFECTO...

With the sunglasses, can I tell you how much I love that from the first epi everytime Khushi closes her eyes in prayer, ASR hones in on a heightened awareness of her - as if he hears her prayers.

and then lashing at Khushi..quite meaningfull..the poor guy was shouting out for help..so khushi mellowed by the softer arnav..and then the added impact of finding out about his parents death..
UFFF..she never learns does she..she goes to the lion's den and puts her hand in his mouth..and he chews it off🤣

But today he needed the chew toy so badly...

Fabulous acting by barun..and looked mighty.Fine in the waistcoat and that grey tweed trouser suit..ufff

about the FINE element - I took so many caps today of this guy, I leave you with two that should leave you gurgling in a puddle of your own drool.

Edited by momma1128 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by -RushTrip-

Momma and Zainu!

Wow that is so true...he is the most vulnerable man. He saw today himself in that child, crying, alone.

Hi Vrush!  Not only did he see a child in fear of losing a parent, he saw a child who could not get a wish fulfilled because of money...he recognizes the helplessness of poverty as well...that's why he runs from anything that smacks of it.

and here he is today, trusting her with his inner soul, handing over precious pieces of him to keep it safely with her. The first step toward catharsis. The first step towards light, called Khushi.

I love this Vrush!  His first step towards Khushi - happiness.

His cry for help was heard, for there is a girl who has learned loss even before he did. she has chosen to smile despite that loss. She stands at the opposite end of the spectrum joined by the same cord - pain. Pain, loss and burden of being an orphan, of being a burden on her uncle and aunt. Of being the unwanted extra. She has been through the same journey as him. He was thrown out as an unwanted extra and she was taken in but there was a line which clearly marked apna and paraya.

I have always felt that Khushi is leading a parallel life to ASR but hers is filled with sunshine and he has chosen ice.

Iss Pyar ko Kya Naam Dein?

i have pretty much said my version of today episode and how i perceive it...

Now with so much between them what can we expect to happen between them?

She now has seen him as the real man behind the mask. She has seen him with his sister and his vulnerability with her or the thought of losing her.

He has seen his sensitivity for the child he relates to.

She has probably seen that his bark is worse than he bites... probably he will not even bite For had she not held his shirt despite the initial need was over to catch her balance. She was explaining her meaning of her impulsive words rather than fighting to get out of his arms.

It was him who had let her go.

Now, with all this ammo, will our Lucknow express railroad into his heart with wholesome goodness, smiling at his bark but going full steam ahead? Will she thaw the ice around his heart by taking care of his things?

Or will they be always shooting each other's foot with random potshots? Will they fight to save his family and his sister's marriage or will they fight each other...!

Another interesting aspect i saw today, her pain seems to melt him but her tears for his pain do not affect for that he has learned to withstand. Interesting man overall...

sorry i think i am rambling...

i donno if i added anything here or just used your post to vent...!!

Please use my post anytime to vent because you make a lot of sense and ask the same questions I also have in my mind.  Thanks for the awesome post!
Originally posted by napstermonster

Im going to be very upset if Khushi takes his latest insult to heart actually, and believes that he genuinely means to be vicious to her-if she gets upset about that little comment about not raising her salary in exchange for sympathy, she's not the girl I think she is.  I do feel that there was a moment there when the natural thing for her would have been to touch his face, like the little girl did, not from any rabba ve nonsense,  because I think that is what you'd do in the face of such raw grief, you connect physically, instinctively.

I don't think Khushi would touch him until he reveals that vulnerability to her on purpose.  There is not that level of trust yet.  And I don't think she will take the words to heart, she can see how broken he is on this day.

Even though she didnt do as much as I would have liked, what she got today is a gift, because there is literally no-one else in the world to whom he has verbalized the depth of his pain, not even his didi, who got some tears, but no actual words. I have to say, Im glad she didnt bring the conversation to herself, but interjecting with a "hey, I'm an orphan with a murdered mother and a dead dad, now focus on apologizing to me" vibe. 

I am glad she didn't take that moment either but that has to come out if she is to become more meaningful to him.

I do think, however it is completely in character for her to go to him even though she knows that so far 99.99% of the time he's singed her like she's a moth near a flame. Whenever she should recognize that intensely angry look, and should be  far away, she seeks him out-that for me, shows her attraction to him, and that he too has a  magnetic pull for her, because she can't avoid him to save her life. not eye locks and heavy breathing.

Barun's work today was seriously top notch-he was vibrating with intensity, and good God, that delivery-Words, for him, are weapons, both to intimidate, and to reveal so much-no wonder he has the least dialogue of any "hero" I've ever seen on TV-when he speaks, its so powerful, and always so raw, it makes the listener (at least me!)reel.

I started watching this serial only for Barun, having been a fan of  his since BHPH.  He is able to emote with a change in his brow.  He's amazing and it's unbelievable how he connects with the camera.

One further comment-momma and current, you guys are my favorite posters-always so well reasoned, I kind of forum-stalk you two!

That has got to be one of the nicest things anyone has said to me on IF.  ðŸ˜³  Thank you.
Originally posted by Radhe1085

I felt the same.  She cried for herself and for him.

Lovely post! Very well-written!

I like the fact that for a change, it is the male lead of the show who is so complex and multi-layered, while the female lead is relatively simple and laid-back! 

Arnav's complexity and his complex's are very well-portrayed by Barun...he brings out Arnav's simmering rage against what fate dealt him and his vulnerability and insecurities with effortlessness!

The scene in the temple brought out the young boy in him who was lost when his parent's died and the confrontation scene with Khushi brought out the man in him who has buried so much pain and hurt inside him!

Great characterization and some fabulous acting by Barun Sobti! He really brings Arnav Singh Raizada to life!
Edited by poppy2009 - 12 years ago
Agree with the sentiments on this page. I LOVED the vulnerabilty of ASR.He was SO real with that little kid. He was "Arnav" with her and then tried to be ASR with Kushi, but at one point Arnav came out, when he was telling her she does NOT know how he feels and dont try to sympathise with him!

Barun is SO amazing... LOVE his acting, and how he looked today. Too HOT...and so handsome...
Brilliant post and replies in this thread. Enjoyed reading your thoughs. Thanks for taking time to write your  reviews, 

Have a good night/day.
-R
Anu sometimes I feel I dont praise Barun enuf..🤣.This whole week has been full of intense, power packed scenes..he needs a break..his energy must be so sapped.😆.I think what we saw today is what makes his character so magnetic and hence we feel for him.Love,angst and all those emotions in between were so well defined...so the CV's deserve credit.

The temple scene was amazing ,beautiful and completely epic!!.Arnav and Khushi are not even interacting with eachother yet they command the screen.!

And finally they have a reason to bond now.This is where they hit common ground.Their past will shape their present and build their future.

What else do I say ...I love Arnav and Khushi but right now I only ship Arnav with myself.🤣🤣