momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
I am in love with today's episode.  There was meaningful dialogue, meaningful moments and insight - all things we viewers have been aching for since I don't know when.

The little girl at the mandir captures the essence of ASR.  He hears her story, he listens to her vulnerability - he relates to it.  Of all things he cannot stand, that which makes his heart melt is vulnerability because he is still smarting from when he had succumb to motions of helpnessness.  Of being so wounded that everyone could see.  The expressions that he gives this little girl, particularly when she asks about his parents wishes he wants fulfilled, broke my heart.  

The rakshas is there to protect the wound he is still nursing.  The rakshas is there to make sure the vulnerability of feeling emotions is not seen by anyone, lest they are able to take advantage of him again (I am basing this on the what happened with his uncle.)  There is a method to this pain and protection - without that veneer we see a weeping, aching man take comfort in making a little girl's wish come true.  And Khushi saw it too.

His conversation with Khushi was raw.  He opened up like never before about his wounds.  It was a cry for someone to actually understand his pain, when he said that no one understands what he has been through.  He is alone and licking his wounds in private and to his family and others, he dons the mask of the rakshas because he will not feel ANYTHING and especially not vulnerable, because when it's dark and he's alone, that is the only feeling that comes to him.  Weakness, longing, pain - all in his heart.  

I loved the look on Khushi when he closed the door.  She was crying and this time, to me it didn't seem so much because he insulted her, it was because she got it.  She understood.  This is his defense mechanism.  Lashing out is easier on the heart when it's already breaking.  That's the method to his madness. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

current thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Loved your take today Anu..

But why is that the method..

Because little boy Arnav did not meet a passing stranger ..who gave hope from despair...but lessons from life..prob larger than life..and cruel ones at that have hardened him...

I love it how symbolic the aviators were..they came off in the beginning and went on in the end..PURRRFECTO...

and then lashing at Khushi..quite meaningfull..the poor guy was shouting out for help..so khushi mellowed by the softer arnav..and then the added impact of finding out about his parents death..
UFFF..she never learns does she..she goes to the lion's den and puts her hand in his mouth..and he chews it off🤣

Fabulous acting by barun..and looked mighty.Fine in the waistcoat and that grey tweed trouser suit..ufff
-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Momma and Zainu!

Wow that is so true...he is the most vulnerable man. He saw today himself in that child, crying, alone.

He must have done the same once. Going to the steps of temple cursing god for taking everything away from him.

So till that time the Arnav Malik who had glued bal gopal in the cucumber had vowed never to bow before him for the last time he did, did not bring back two people he loved.

more so he lost everything familiar there after. The pyre which he lit, burned the life as he knew it forever and from those ashes rose Arnav Singh Raizada

the bitter man who is rude, crude and shrewd except for one person and one person alone, his Di.

Now, did he ask for some understanding even at that time, perhaps from the family but he did not get it. He got the boot from one and the other who gave him sympathy did not really understand his pain or his loss. The loss of his parents. The burden of a young boy who is left alone to face the world, who is left to shoulder the responsibility of growing up without protection or hand holding. He had learned to hide it all the loss, the pain, the burden he felt incapable of taking in.

He stood stoic, strong, a shell of a man who determined that power was in money, in status and in being ruthless. Hiding his true self, the barbs, the caustic words reserved for defense, his ammunition in fighting the big bad world.

And that became him. Till he met her. She showed him things, riled him up, shook him up.

and here he is today, trusting her with his inner soul, handing over precious pieces of him to keep it safely with her. The first step toward catharsis. The first step towards light, called Khushi.

His cry for help was heard, for there is a girl who has learned loss even before he did. she has chosen to smile despite that loss. She stands at the opposite end of the spectrum joined by the same cord - pain. Pain, loss and burden of being an orphan, of being a burden on her uncle and aunt. Of being the unwanted extra. She has been through the same journey as him. He was thrown out as an unwanted extra and she was taken in but there was a line which clearly marked apna and paraya.

Who better to understand his pain but her? isnt that the reason she cried? Is that the reason she went to apologise after calling him a naastik. After seeing his parents photo.

She does not even have the liberty to mourn her parents. Will she ever be able to tell her pain to him? Will he want to know? Will he know that behind the facade of cheerfulness, she is as alone as him, wanting to belong to someone, wanting someone to belong to her...

They say loha lohe ko kaata hai..

will their shared pain be the foundation of their future happiness or will they only end up being at the opposite spectrum,

do two negatives make a positive?

Iss Pyar ko Kya Naam Dein?

i have pretty much said my version of today episode and how i perceive it...

Now with so much between them what can we expect to happen between them?

She now has seen him as the real man behind the mask. She has seen him with his sister and his vulnerability with her or the thought of losing her.

He has seen his sensitivity for the child he relates to.

She has probably seen that his bark is worse than he bites... probably he will not even bite For had she not held his shirt despite the initial need was over to catch her balance. She was explaining her meaning of her impulsive words rather than fighting to get out of his arms.

It was him who had let her go.

Now, with all this ammo, will our Lucknow express railroad into his heart with wholesome goodness, smiling at his bark but going full steam ahead? Will she thaw the ice around his heart by taking care of his things?

Or will they be always shooting each other's foot with random potshots? Will they fight to save his family and his sister's marriage or will they fight each other...!

Another interesting aspect i saw today, her pain seems to melt him but her tears for his pain do not affect for that he has learned to withstand. Interesting man overall...

sorry i think i am rambling...

i donno if i added anything here or just used your post to vent...!!
Edited by -RushTrip- - 12 years ago
AquaBluez17 thumbnail
well said!! today 's ep wuz very well written!

Originally posted by: current

Loved your take today Anu..

But why is that the method..

Because little boy Arnav did not meet a passing stranger ..who gave hope from despair...but lessons from life..prob larger than life..and cruel ones at that have hardened him...

I love it how symbolic the aviators were..they came off in the beginning and went on in the end..PURRRFECTO...

and then lashing at Khushi..quite meaningfull..the poor guy was shouting out for help..so khushi mellowed by the softer arnav..and then the added impact of finding out about his parents death..
UFFF..she never learns does she..she goes to the lion's den and puts her hand in his mouth..and he chews it off🤣

Fabulous acting by barun..and looked mighty.Fine in the waistcoat and that grey tweed trouser suit..ufff

While its true the other times, this time its definitely not true...This time Arnav needed Khushi to vent out his inner emotions, the emotions which he had been trying to hide from the world...Khushi to him has become one of his own even without his own knowledge, to whom he can show his real feelings...Khushi too unbeknownst to her, started getting affected by his sorrows and that's what she has shown to us today...That nothing matters, even her own fears, when it comes to Arnav...She will confront him for good or bad or worse...She has to be there for him, against him and with him...
emily22 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved your post momma! 👏

Boy oh boy, only Khushi can handle this rakshas method to madness😆  I also think she was crying not because he inulted her, she finally understood her raksha's madness. ASR performance was excellent today. Today's Epi was emotional and brilliant!
Edited by emily22 - 12 years ago
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
Im going to be very upset if Khushi takes his latest insult to heart actually, and believes that he genuinely means to be vicious to her-if she gets upset about that little comment about not raising her salary in exchange for sympathy, she's not the girl I think she is.  I do feel that there was a moment there when the natural thing for her would have been to touch his face, like the little girl did, not from any rabba ve nonsense,  because I think that is what you'd do in the face of such raw grief, you connect physically, instinctively.

Even though she didnt do as much as I would have liked, what she got today is a gift, because there is literally no-one else in the world to whom he has verbalized the depth of his pain, not even his didi, who got some tears, but no actual words. I have to say, Im glad she didnt bring the conversation to herself, but interjecting with a "hey, I'm an orphan with a murdered mother and a dead dad, now focus on apologizing to me" vibe.

I do think, however it is completely in character for her to go to him even though she knows that so far 99.99% of the time he's singed her like she's a moth near a flame. Whenever she should recognize that intensely angry look, and should be  far away, she seeks him out-that for me, shows her attraction to him, and that he too has a  magnetic pull for her, because she can't avoid him to save her life. not eye locks and heavy breathing.

Barun's work today was seriously top notch-he was vibrating with intensity, and good God, that delivery-Words, for him, are weapons, both to intimidate, and to reveal so much-no wonder he has the least dialogue of any "hero" I've ever seen on TV-when he speaks, its so powerful, and always so raw, it makes the listener (at least me!)reel.

One further comment-momma and current, you guys are my favorite posters-always so well reasoned, I kind of forum-stalk you two!
Radhe1085 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: momma1128

I am in love with today's episode.  There was meaningful dialogue, meaningful moments and insight - all things we viewers have been aching for since I don't know when.

The little girl at the mandir captures the essence of ASR.  He hears her story, he listens to her vulnerability - he relates to it.  Of all things he cannot stand, that which makes his heart melt is vulnerability because he is still smarting from when he had succumb to motions of helpnessness.  Of being so wounded that everyone could see.  The expressions that he gives this little girl, particularly when she asks about his parents wishes he wants fulfilled, broke my heart.  

The rakshas is there to protect the wound he is still nursing.  The rakshas is there to make sure the vulnerability of feeling emotions is not seen by anyone, lest they are able to take advantage of him again (I am basing this on the what happened with his uncle.)  There is a method to this pain and protection - without that veneer we see a weeping, aching man take comfort in making a little girl's wish come true.  And Khushi saw it too.

His conversation with Khushi was raw.  He opened up like never before about his wounds.  It was a cry for someone to actually understand his pain, when he said that no one understands what he has been through.  He is alone and licking his wounds in private and to his family and others, he dons the mask of the rakshas because he will not feel ANYTHING and especially not vulnerable, because when it's dark and he's alone, that is the only feeling that comes to him.  Weakness, longing, pain - all in his heart.  

I loved the look on Khushi when he closed the door.  She was crying and this time, to me it didn't seem so much because he insulted her, it was because she got it.  She understood.  This is his defense mechanism.  Lashing out is easier on the heart when it's already breaking.  That's the method to his madness. 

Brilliant Post!!!!!!!!!
Specially that last scene I felt as if the tears which were constricted in his heart for so long were flowing thru her eyes.
The Mask is back on at the end but the damage is done she saw the real HIM.

Radhe1085 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RushTrip-

Another interesting aspect i saw today, her pain seems to melt him but her tears for his pain do not affect for that he has learned to withstand. Interesting man overall...

sorry i think i am rambling...

i donno if i added anything here or just used your post to vent...!!

Hey Vrushali, quite interesting take on today's episode but bold part caught my attention. While watching the episode I was feeling something similar how come her tears not effecting him then I realized she is not in pain for herself, she is hurting for him. He gets affected only when she is in pain. Really Interesting man and very intriguing too. 
-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
whoa there Radhe! you said it all with this one!!

Specially that last scene I felt as if the tears which were constricted in his heart for so long were flowing thru her eyes.
The Mask is back on at the end but the damage is done she saw the real HIM.

especially the one in blue... i had am floored by that... yeah..the connection is complete... separate yet together..pain joins their hearts...

Ah we saw things related to tears...and had new interpretation for me when you said those lines...

beautiful!!