Ram and green screen| VB Note p.13 - Page 7

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by ammukutty123

Justifications, excuses, whatever. This is not the first serial we are seeing, and it is a fact that dupes are shown a lot more in this serial. And according to u they r busy and doing us fans a favor and because of that we cannot criticise , just in case Ram kapoor comes to this forum and reads this ??? !!! ???? Really ????
WOW. And anything negative is bashing ???? OMG. Hence u are threatening to quit the forum ???? 😲
Yeh sab kya ho raha hai?
Isn't a forum where we can express honest opinions that cross our mind? Yes u r right Himali, it is fiction and it is make believe and it is a outlet for us.
Does every serial actor stop being a father, son or husband ????
Come on dude, Ram kapoor is not the first successful serial actor.
So he cannot give 100% to this serial. Fine. He has the right.
AND WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.
we are not here to patronize anybody. Its black n white. We like what we like, We don't like what we don't like.

I think you have your facts wrong, in BALH BD's have been there last few episodes, which is understandable. Before that maybe one scene or two we had BD's. Again not more than other shows. Let's not get emotional here and keep the facts straight. Criticizing and bashing are two different things and I am sure you wouldn't like to be bashed by anyone you don't know we saw your reaction to Himali's post that alluded to criticizing you, imagine how an actor who is doing this for his fans would feel? Or do you not care about another persons feelings? If you don't like then quit watching. Will keep you healthy too I am sure all this complaining raises your BP.
Just so that moderators and fans don't get all worked up and to bring us back on track with the discussion
Ram is a fantastic  actor , no complaints about his timing, his expressions, his body language

Saakshi is a beautiful and tanlented actress. Her portayal of Priya is believable and natural.

The main story is brilliant. Sub plots not so much.

Somebody said Ram and Saakshi are busy with other proffessional commitments hence the dupes in BALH - CURRENTLY THAT IS A UNCONFIRMED RUMOUR AND MAKING ANY BASLESS STATEMENT THAT CANNOT BE VERIFIED ABOUT AN ACTOR IS WRONG. ITS NOT BASHING BECAUSE TO THE BEST OF MY UNDERSTANDING NO INSULT WAS INTENDED.
Most of us in this discussion thread do not subscribe to that theory.

Saare saboothon aur gawaho ko madhya nazar rakyhe huye (Khushi kumari gupta style)  - Since the BALH creative team have no choice but to use dupes, can we hope that they do a better job of it. They take pains to dress him like Ram from back, can they take a little more intitative and make it less obvious. Make him stand like a relaxed Ram kapoor instead of a statue. Maybe ocassionally bend his head and relax his hands instead of standing in attention like a soldier.
And bring a little change in background when they show Ram's close up. Its a party and its funny the ladies standing behing him hardly move through half the serial.

Will that be ok with the fans ??? Constructive critisicm or otherwise ?

Plz plz plz - no more fighting
Edited by ammukutty123 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Sonia51

I think you have your facts wrong, in BALH BD's have been there last few episodes, which is understandable. Before that maybe one scene or two we had BD's. Again not more than other shows. Let's not get emotional here and keep the facts straight. Criticizing and bashing are two different things and I am sure you wouldn't like to be bashed by anyone you don't know we saw your reaction to Himali's post that alluded to criticizing you, imagine how an actor who is doing this for his fans would feel? Or do you not care about another persons feelings? If you don't like then quit watching. Will keep you healthy too I am sure all this complaining raises your BP.
@In blue: Have you watched BALH from the start? If you have then also I suggest you rewatch the August episodes carefully from the time Ram and Priya's wedding preps start. The whole August month had the show use the BDs of either Sakshi or Ram and sometimes both. Even the wedding was shot with Ram's BD completely.

Coming to criticizing actors-they  in the entertainment industry. Their livelihood depends on the public's acceptance of them and public has the right to criticize them. Its like a shop where a shop's customer can come and criticize its employees and the owners and employees must then hear them with a patient ear. If they dont do so they will go out of business. Similarly we are like the customers for the actor, producer and channel. Criticizing a member is a different issue. Its like one customer criticizing a shop's product and another customer coming and criticizing the first customer for criticizing the product of the shop.
Or a better option would be to go to a store where you like the service, wouldn't that make life more simple, than waste your time and complain because once you the shop owners and workers will either laugh at you or criticize you. But I guess ignorance is bliss. As said BD's are in every show, and I do follow BALH it is a show I enjoy and again you are wrong about the entire month of August.
You are right...I am certainly out of this store. I suggest definitely you rewatch the August episodes CAREFULLY before calling me wrong.
Originally posted by himali_kokate

Are we not expecting too much of Ram Kapoor as an actor? Have we forgotten the fact that he is also a human being with a family and personal life?
How sensitive it is to asking an actor who is doing an absolutely wonderful job to give up on a role just because he is trying to expand his scope. Instead of applauding his foray into meaningful and well produced movies, we are bashing him for not being available for 'all' the shots? 

Those who are so pissed with the use of BD, please let me one prominent romantic/embarrassing scene that he did with Sakshi alone where BD was used? 
The BDs have been used in scenes where the entire kapoor or sharma clan was present and what was needed was his expressions alone and we do get to see them in the close up shots! He is a fantastic actor who conveys so much with his expressions, i am not even bothered about his rest of the body - whether he is twiddling his thumb or playing skipping rope while mouthing his dialogues!

and its funny that you mentioned its a fiction world. This in fact should be the very reason why we should be able to cut the poor guy some slack! Its fiction. Its something that is happening in someone's imagination. He is not being replaced as a husband, a doting father and a wishworthy son in his real life! he is being replaced in some scenes by a person who looks like him and that too from behind! what is the issue here for us to start bashing an actor who could be coming to this very site to read what his so called fans and lovers of his serials talking about and this is what he gets to read?

The usage of BDs is a planning issue. If you want anybody responsible, please contact the production house and the channel. If RK is slacking in his job, why did his producer wait for 2 years just for him to be free? Why is she not replacing him right now? Why isnt even channel questioning him about this? 
That because he is a very good actor that has embodied every character that he has acted for till date. When i say Rahul in Ghar Ek Mandir, its Ram for me. When i say Dr. Rajeev in Dhadkan, its Ram for me. When i say Jai Walia, its him and when they say Ram Kapoor, its him - Ram Kapoor. If Ekta even thinks about replacing him in BALH or even Sakshi, she is going back to where she was an year back - Gutter! she knows this. 
Sony if decides to replace Ram and Sakshi with anybody else (and it could be ANY BODY), the serial is in dump. How long is KBC going to go on? Which other serial is going to get Sony the TRPs that they are lapping up right now? 
Guys, The producers and Channel people are smarter in this game than you or me and they know what or rather who sells! 

If anybody has any problem watching the serial because of BD, they are open to quit instead of asking the actors to quit!! 

Those who are bouncing off the walls with BD issue just because they are jealous of Ram's popularity or the show, please read following. Others can skip! 

- He is an actor in demand and there are only 24 hours in a day.
- He has so many projects going on for him.. not only on TV but also in films and i am not talking about some B grade Whats-His-Face director/producers. he is working with Industry's some of the best ones! For any actor its a huge honor and i wont be surprised if he wants to follow his wish to be seen on big screen doing meaningful roles. 
- He has a loving family and two kids that know who their dad is cause they see him regularly at home, in a sober state if i must add!
- He loves his fans. Even with the risk of over exposure, he took this show because his fans wanted to see him on TV and not because  he is hard pressed for money or his film career bombed after two B grade movies that noone ever watched. Thank you very much. So if he can work for his fans, his fans can sometimes make do with his BD. 

those who are against him for the jealousy factor be aware that 

- jealousy can give serious heartburn and other complications in mental department as well. 
- Jealousy and rambling fans do not talk for an Actor's acting skill. Nobody becomes someone's blue eyed boy for no reason!
- If the same efforts, energy and dedication is engaged in something creative such as planting trees, conserving water etc, earth will be a good place... even with the jealous people on it.. 

Note to moderators:

IF was once upon a time a wonderful place in the cyberspace. I worked as Coolbie for Kasam Se and made tons of wonderful posts. This is the place where i met some of my best friends today. 
But right now, this is a heaven for bashing fans and posts are seriously not being moderated at all.. 
I am not planning to return to IF in near future because of this! otherwise you guys are lovely :)

Very well said himali...👏 Just wanted to say this and u have put it down aptly..

Come on yaar, everyone is angry abt BD being used. Accepted. but give time to PH and actors to rectify it. just bashing and blaming is not done. 

They are also human. Mistakes are bound to happen. I'm a gr8 fan of Ram and now become Sakshi's fan too. i believe and hope that they'll never let us down. 

Chill and enjoy the episodes. There are few ppl who are jealous of the growing popularity of BALH and the actors and just want to create differences amongst us.

So my kind request to ardent fans of BALH.. Please be patient. I'm sure this problem will be resolved soon. Please refrain from bashing our favourite stars and show. 
Originally posted by ammukutty123

Justifications, excuses, whatever. This is not the first serial we are seeing, and it is a fact that dupes are shown a lot more in this serial. And according to u they r busy and doing us fans a favor and because of that we cannot criticise , just in case Ram kapoor comes to this forum and reads this ??? !!! ???? Really ????
WOW. And anything negative is bashing ???? OMG. Hence u are threatening to quit the forum ???? 😲
Yeh sab kya ho raha hai?
Isn't a forum where we can express honest opinions that cross our mind? Yes u r right Himali, it is fiction and it is make believe and it is a outlet for us.
Does every serial actor stop being a father, son or husband ????
Come on dude, Ram kapoor is not the first successful serial actor.
So he cannot give 100% to this serial. Fine. He has the right.
AND WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.
we are not here to patronize anybody. Its black n white. We like what we like, We don't like what we don't like.

Originally posted by kshreya2002

Now I understand why sub standard TV shows and movies continue to flourish in India. Thats because fans cannot take or give any kind of constructive criticism.

Constructive criticism is given to improve the show, not to bash actors. Everyone's allowed an opinion and constructive criticism is everywhere but making it personal against an actor is not doneand as far as sub standard shows go...with in a very short span of time, BALH is amongst the top 10 shows and Sony is the no. 2 channel so if it really was substandard...it would have never garnered such popularity. And as far as BD's go...they're in every show, not just BALH and yeah you want to see the actor but sometimes such scenarios are avoidable...if you don't like the use of BD's, don't watch the show...no one's forcing you to and if you really respected the actors, not just Ram but Sakshi also you would understand that they do have other commitments, they do have a personal life and they're not in the industry for no reason...they have the talent.
Originally posted by kshreya2002

IMO a show with high trps doesnt automatically make it a great show and viceversa. Saath Nibhana Saathiya has higher trps than BALH consistently for a year so would you classify it as a better show? Even if we assume that high trps=great show=great standard even then fans should give constructive criticism so that the show can maintain its standards and trps.
ok shreya u said that sns is getting high trps than balh...ok we will do onething change the timmingsof both shows.then see which show will get more trps...pls do not compare balh in  any other shows... balh unique...this week they using body doubles...that one thing we don't like but we hope for best no body double again...still we love balh...balh rocksss 
its true it is most irritating to see BDs all the time
So much has been said about Constructive Criticism.The very same group,(that includes everyone,not just one single group) forget all the basic concepts and principles of Constructive Criticism when they see their favorite actor being bashed or criticized even though "constructively".

Let me tell you guys,I have been on 3 forums by now,Kasam Se,Laagi&Bandini.I have seen how fans react when the actors,or even characters are bashed there.So,if its CC,then let it be the same all the time,on all forums.

So here,can we really say that it is only CC that's going on? I don't think so.