Posted: 12 years ago

2011: The Year of Comebacks?

Thu, 2011-09-22 10:18 — scooby

We had earlier seen how 2011 has been the year where women have been calling the shots. Well it does not stop there. 2011 also seems to be the year when female actors, whom we have been waiting to see on the big screen are finally gearing up to re enter the industry.

Sridevi, the extremely emotive and versatile actor is FINALLY coming back to movies with "English Vinglish" which is being directed by debutant Gauri Shinde Balki (wife of R.Balki). Sridevi has given us numerous memorable performances and it will be a treat to watch on her back on the 70mm. Wouldn't it?

One half of the Kapoor sisters is back in action too. KARISHMA KAPOOR will be seen portraying the role of a supermodel in her comeback movie "Dangerous Ishq" directed by Vikram Bhatt. Though this Kapoor sister dislikes the use of the word "comeback", we cannot help but use it for somebody who has been away for 5 years. Quite a while, isn't it?

The owner of the most beautiful smile and a dancing diva herself, MADHURI DIXIT, is relocating to India after 12 years to pursue her career on a full fledged note. Though she was seen in "Aaja Nachle" in 2007, she IS one actor we want to see more often on the silver screen. Right?

And finally there is the light eyed bengali beauty, RANI MUKHERJI. No, she has never been away but what I do mean by "comeback" here is that this extremely talented actor might have got back her winning formula. She finally had a hit and started the year on a high with "No One Killed Jessica" . Well here's hoping that she keeps the momentum going. You hope that too, don't you?

Well...Rani Mukerji certainly made an awesome comeback with NOKJ! 
I love all 4 beauties and they are all immensely talented. I don't know if any of them can have the same affect that they all once had before, but I know that these 4 are phenomenal stars and it will be a treat seeing them back in action once again! All four of them put together produces a better acting experience than any of the current lot (if that even made sense). 😆 Wishing all of them the best of luck. I will be anticipating all of their "comeback" films. :)

2011 - The Year of Comebacks?

^  don't use the word "comeback"; they feel offended.  😡

who? 🤔

those who says:  "Auntie maat bolo na!"  😆

Yeah all 4 are talented and pretty. Especially Sri, my fav. 😊
Truly it is the return of the Queens!! 😎
Originally posted by bamboocopter

2011 - The Year of Comebacks?

^  don't use the word "comeback"; they feel offended.  😡

who? 🤔

those who says:  "Auntie maat bolo na!"  😆

budhi hogi teri maa..😆
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

Truly it is the return of the Queens!!
😎
I agree!
Madhuri , Sridevi , Karishma coming back is really exciting...rani never really went away but hope she has some good films lined up
It sure does seems like it.