Gulaal

India-Forums

Gulaal
Gulaal

Gulaal's Karaara Jawab To Bigada Kesuda :O (Page 3)

without-fathom IF-Rockerz
without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 4:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Last batch:

Okay I have a crazy out of nowhere reminiscent moment here of the Batman series character 'Two Face'! The way his face is half washed over and half not! It's almost symbolic to me in a sense too - The half of him which needed that splash to cleanse the 'impurity' and wake him up from this stupor - and the other half, the true purana wala Kesar, whose keeps hiding himself but is compelled to surface here - under shock, and and consequently under deep remorse and helplessness! 

NB did a wonderful job with expressions in this bitClap  <-- Echo that! 

"Kam se kam VASANT ke baare mein toh soch" and Kesar turns to look at Vasant's picture...
Another beautifully shot bit...Kesar's reflection in Vasant's picture...loved the angling of thisClap

^^ and that, yes! This was unrealistically good! Reminded of the way Gulaal's reflection was scene in his picture in the sooni kalayi scene - and there are more times to come of course! 

Something of a precursor to the scene of Gulaal accepting defeat before him, over the Talli and Kesar wedding fiasco - there too, she pleads with joined hands (although here it is more in rebuking) and there too, she brings in Vasant as her big final shield/weapon whatever, and there too, Kesar gets oh-so-shocked and knocked off his high horse of moments ago! 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MR21Maz.manzilmukulAreYaar

without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 4:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maz.

Nice title JZ! :)

Similar to his first day back home, she is waiting for him to return, to interrogate..unlike that night where Talli was Kesar's mouthpiece there, here Gulaal had to deal with him alone. What I liked in the Dushy bday scene was when he suddenly disappears, she covers up for him easily, whatever the reasons plaguing his mind she doesn't know, even if he behaves rudely to her she is willing to let it slide, but she does not let him be put down in front of the family. Her reason for his departure is that he needs to do something at the kharkhana, not that he has gone to meet friends.

Word, word, and word to that Maz. Gulaal has had an instinct to defend Kesar from the word GO! When he welcomed her with a stone - she defended him as a kid before Vasant. MB always told Gulaal she saved his skin too much. Then there is the chota Kesar and Gullu scene about PB running after him to go to school and Gulaal saving him a beating! And again another where she comes between JK slapping Kesar over the magnifying glass fiasco! There's countless times - like you say - she keeps the entire onus of 'correcting him' and finding out what he's done wrong and why and fix it on herself. For the world, which includes family too, anyone and everyone except her - she will fend him as responsible. 

It is indeed a karaara jawaab..since we have seen the entire GK story..it's a known fact that Gulaal did not hesitate to raise her hand on Kesar when the situation demanded it..when he crossed the lines..so this instance here is the very first of its kind, and since she is really disgusted by this drunken state of his, she doesn't deem it fit to even touch him.

The interesting paradox here is, that like you said above, she lets every crass gesture of his against her slip by - but she nails him for this  - because he is 'giving dhoka to apeksha' of the family! And yet, what has really really driven her to this extent is the disappointment she feels in him failing her apeksha. The fact is, that her apeksha in him is to become that gem of an heir the house deserves! And that he has the potential to become. The way she clobbers him under the weight of failing everyone, including Vasant - is actually all about having failed her, by failing them. Because she is the one who always has defended him, and not for the heck, and shown this faith and resolve to make him that man he's meant to become to serve his family - but even in serving his family like that responsible man, in fulfilling the dream of Vasant's expectation, he would fulfill her word to them all. Which is why when he fails them all - at the bottom of it, he's really just failed her! 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MR21poppinssMaz.manzilmukulAreYaar

without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 5:01am | IP Logged
MR, Nithya Hug for dropping in with comments! 

Originally posted by indiansrp

another wonderful topic and the caps... StarThanks everyone! Smile

BTW, abt Kesu playing morchang and falling on back on the bed, wasn't it little to much controled fall, when he was all much drunk? I thought it was so straight will all the control and judgement?

Thanks for all the topics, video links and caps... You all are Star

I'm not sure if we can tag that 'slow' fall as controlled, or just retarded locomotion of his reflexes. Plus inebriation has a very strange quality off coming off in a second, when a greater much more evoking emotion of instance takes the drunk person by shock/surprise! [ hence how the cold water usually works with drunk people - it sort of shocks their drowsy senses to an alert] I personally felt that in the moment that he picked up and started playing that morchan, his mind was in between the daze of alcohol, and an acute awareness of nostalgia ... like a co-existence of keen and lazy reactions. I personally feel the striking sense of nostalgia and momentary peak of loss, in the way his first look falls to his brother, his lost mentor - the inebriation is just a tad sobered... 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.manzilmukulAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JZephyr

Originally posted by indiansrp

another wonderful topic and the caps... StarThanks everyone! Smile

BTW, abt Kesu playing morchang and falling on back on the bed, wasn't it little to much controled fall, when he was all much drunk? I thought it was so straight will all the control and judgement?

Thanks for all the topics, video links and caps... You all are Star

I'm not sure if we can tag that 'slow' fall as controlled, or just retarded locomotion of his reflexes. Plus inebriation has a very strange quality off coming off in a second, when a greater much more evoking emotion of instance takes the drunk person by shock/surprise! [ hence how the cold water usually works with drunk people - it sort of shocks their drowsy senses to an alert] I personally felt that in the moment that he picked up and started playing that morchan, his mind was in between the daze of alcohol, and an acute awareness of nostalgia ... like a co-existence of keen and lazy reactions. I personally feel the striking sense of nostalgia and momentary peak of loss, in the way his first look falls to his brother, his lost mentor - the inebriation is just a tad sobered... 

Well said, Jzee...that's exactly what it was...which is why this drunk scene was very interesting to me...Kesar was oscillating b/w many stages...yes he was drunk, but not TOTALLY drunk out of his mind...he was having trouble walking, true...but he wasn't sloshed to the point of passing out...so when he falls back to the bed while playing the morchan...just try holding something in your hand and falling back...it won't be with a snap...cuz when you're drunk everything feels to be slightly in slow motion anyways...that is what this shot captured I feel...he wasn't doing it with control or judgement so to speak...he was just lost in playing the morchan and so he slowly falls back.

Btw quick question...this is the first time he plays the morchan after coming back, haina? Or did he play it before this and I missed it?LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.without-fathom

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JZephyr

This is a crooked (literally) version of that famous Khamosh! LOL LMAO so trueeeROFL

I like the way his eyes lower even if momentarily! The alcohol may have taken away the last of his discretion, but some distantly beating part of his head knows how wrong this is!  Exactly...there was a hint of shame in the way he lowered his eyes...he KNOWS this is wrong even as he does it...it's basically his usual impudence combined with alcohol and that's just a bad combination...her look of revulsion gets to him and that is what this lowering of eyes signifies but he leaves.

I love this shot below, like LOVE - the little boy in him is so visible just here - look at his eyes! Its like the nostalgia has actually driven away the blurring and slurring inebriation for a moment! He just looks like his gaze is stuck unblinkingly to a point mid air, and actually gone back into visions of the past and present ! Despite his ridiculous conduct - just looking at this still makes you sorry for him, so very sorry! I can almost see a glimpse of the Kesar from the second time he gets drunk - the pareshani scene - the shinning vulnerability! Totally, Jzee! He looks totally like the vulnerable lost little boy here and your heart goes out to him...that is what is so amazing about this scene...all these layers to Kesar...he walks in all cocky drunk, is rude, lashing out at Gulaal...and then he comes back to the room and you see the change...the way he takes the morchan and starts to softly, almost hesitantly play it and then kinda almost sighs and falls back trying to find solace in this...

btw he plays better tuntuna even when he's drunk - than Gullu even when she's not LOL Gulaal toh gets points for LOOKING so adorable playing it even if out of tuneLOL

Maz.without-fathomincandescence

without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Btw quick question...this is the first time he plays the morchan after coming back, haina? Or did he play it before this and I missed it?LOL

Well there was one time he played it before this scene *ducks from all mojdis and sikkas and tuntunas that will be thrown at her for reminding this scene* He plays it in Talli's dream right? Doesn't he? In that gag goes off into cuckoo land fantasy Talli has of KT romance?! *gag gag gag* 

PS: just sent you a PM Nur ... 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 11:12am | IP Logged
NOTE: 

Everyone, I just feel utterly butterly lazy bum today (Minks you should have never offered!!!)  and because Nur is nice to not push the drill on me - we'll make the thread for today, tomorrow instead - Saturday that is. I'll make it during my Saturday hours, sometime, and Nur will come back later by her Saturday night to do the caps, so we may not be 'time coordinated - just keep an eye out for the thread whenever you come around online ...

And, well, have a Happy Friday! Hug

Edited by JZephyr - 23 September 2011 at 11:12am

--Minks--Maz.AreYaar

Maz. IF-Rockerz
Maz.
Maz.

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 11:17am | IP Logged
@Nur...you're absolutely right!Thumbs Up @shield and arrow...she does that very often..and in this situation it's comes out a winner..because by using Vasant's name she hits the target..Kesar is made to feel guilty and apologetic for his behavior.

I just noticed that screenshot of him playing the morchan...very true JZ it's like the kid in him surfaced there...and the eyes...ahh...so sad Ouch

@Talli's dream/our nightmare...definitely not to be counted!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

without-fathomAreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gulaal Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index