Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: JZephyr

This is a crooked (literally) version of that famous Khamosh! πŸ˜† LMAO so trueee🀣

I like the way his eyes lower even if momentarily! The alcohol may have taken away the last of his discretion, but some distantly beating part of his head knows how wrong this is!  Exactly...there was a hint of shame in the way he lowered his eyes...he KNOWS this is wrong even as he does it...it's basically his usual impudence combined with alcohol and that's just a bad combination...her look of revulsion gets to him and that is what this lowering of eyes signifies but he leaves.

I love this shot below, like LOVE - the little boy in him is so visible just here - look at his eyes! Its like the nostalgia has actually driven away the blurring and slurring inebriation for a moment! He just looks like his gaze is stuck unblinkingly to a point mid air, and actually gone back into visions of the past and present ! Despite his ridiculous conduct - just looking at this still makes you sorry for him, so very sorry! I can almost see a glimpse of the Kesar from the second time he gets drunk - the pareshani scene - the shinning vulnerability! Totally, Jzee! He looks totally like the vulnerable lost little boy here and your heart goes out to him...that is what is so amazing about this scene...all these layers to Kesar...he walks in all cocky drunk, is rude, lashing out at Gulaal...and then he comes back to the room and you see the change...the way he takes the morchan and starts to softly, almost hesitantly play it and then kinda almost sighs and falls back trying to find solace in this...

btw he plays better tuntuna even when he's drunk - than Gullu even when she's not πŸ˜† Gulaal toh gets points for LOOKING so adorable playing it even if out of tuneπŸ˜†

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Btw quick question...this is the first time he plays the morchan after coming back, haina? Or did he play it before this and I missed it?πŸ˜†

Well there was one time he played it before this scene *ducks from all mojdis and sikkas and tuntunas that will be thrown at her for reminding this scene* He plays it in Talli's dream right? Doesn't he? In that gag goes off into cuckoo land fantasy Talli has of KT romance?! *gag gag gag* 

PS: just sent you a PM Nur ... 
without-fathom thumbnail
NOTE: 

Everyone, I just feel utterly butterly lazy bum today (Minks you should have never offered!!!)  and because Nur is nice to not push the drill on me - we'll make the thread for today, tomorrow instead - Saturday that is. I'll make it during my Saturday hours, sometime, and Nur will come back later by her Saturday night to do the caps, so we may not be 'time coordinated - just keep an eye out for the thread whenever you come around online ...

And, well, have a Happy Friday! πŸ€—
Edited by JZephyr - 12 years ago
Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@Nur...you're absolutely right!πŸ‘πŸΌ @shield and arrow...she does that very often..and in this situation it's comes out a winner..because by using Vasant's name she hits the target..Kesar is made to feel guilty and apologetic for his behavior.

I just noticed that screenshot of him playing the morchan...very true JZ it's like the kid in him surfaced there...and the eyes...ahh...so sad

@Talli's dream/our nightmare...definitely not to be counted!
--Minks-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey JZee.. well, I am happy and sad at the news... sad for obvious reasons, and happy that now I can catch up on this post... have been in such a grumpy mood today, the whole drunk Kesar being royally told off by Gulaal scene didn't distract either... well, promise to be back tomo all ready for the next post... next scene is where Kesar goes off to Gullu's maika without her, right??
without-fathom thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

I like the way his eyes lower even if momentarily! The alcohol may have taken away the last of his discretion, but some distantly beating part of his head knows how wrong this is!  Exactly...there was a hint of shame in the way he lowered his eyes...he KNOWS this is wrong even as he does it...it's basically his usual impudence combined with alcohol and that's just a bad combination...her look of revulsion gets to him and that is what this lowering of eyes signifies but he leaves.

So going right back to the start - to the day of his return, when Gulaal first called out his name from behind and he turned back, and the way he warmed up - fuzzy and overwhelmed in his own sort of way at the pride in her eyes as she looked him over, felt him up - I remember all of us talking about how, even when he's had this decade behind him of preparing to give the 'evil betraying' Gulaal her due from the word go - just then at that point, he can't help but be all drawn into the moment, because it always matters to him, what she thinks of him! Always has, always will! A further evidence comes rolling along at the first instance she tells him he's not the same Kesar - he must take time out and prove to her, he still is! 

This is one of those times too - although only a fleeting second here - he knows he's wrong, and her repulsion, the way she shrinks away from his breath - that little boy side of him which never ceases to be affected by her opinion - is affected again! 

Paradox as always - he wants to go all out and prove he's brash and mean and cold and nothing like she wants him to be. And then, he can't but help feel deflated at the slightest sign of failing her - oh this guy πŸ₯Ί Sometimes, I can't help marveling how muddled his brains were, how unguided, how misunderstood - at the point when he sought out his own head, and took a U turn for reform! At that point, truly, he had no one but himself to figure out the mess and get things right! He was the one to figure the 'love' first. He was the one to commit and give his all to the love first too. He's really seen them through the longest time of 'holding the forte by himself' as Gulaal takes her own sweet time coming to terms with things! πŸ€“
without-fathom thumbnail
Originally posted by: scarletthara

Hey JZee.. well, I am happy and sad at the news... sad for obvious reasons, and happy that now I can catch up on this post... have been in such a grumpy mood today, the whole drunk Kesar being royally told off by Gulaal scene didn't distract either... well, promise to be back tomo all ready for the next post... next scene is where Kesar goes off to Gullu's maika without her, right??

Here's a big Punjabi Jhappi for you Minks πŸ€— - feel better soon, we all have those icky days...πŸ˜’ , but come now, and pull up a Galool Minnie - it definitely lightens the air πŸ˜ƒ
without-fathom thumbnail
Nur - it was you and me who talked about Enid Blyton one of the other days right? 

Here are short clips from an interesting interview BBC Four did with her for their radio airing (and some written stuff to accompany of course)

It was done sometime earlier this year, but a friend of mine, and a fellow Enid-ian πŸ˜† let me to the source only earlier today =)
VJ-LNMDJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hi  ! So we have the first drink scene.. . Thanks for all your posts..Trying to catch up ...quick recap of things that caught my attention in this scene :

Gulaal- kyunki agar "mere alaawa"kisi aur ne jaana to bhuchaal aa jayega ' she was the only one capale of containing the tremors of the earthquake that Kesar could so often be'

Kesar- he was flat on the bed when she came , devoid of energy but the moment she came in , he got a reason to be "alive" ,got sudden energy :  "'darwaaza kyun band kiya?...and her reply made him leave the bed and stand up '. Symbolic of how she would make him stand up to his full height later also, in  different ways

GK- And ofcourse when to his "maine koi pee vee nahin hai" , she says who toh dikh raha hai ..the way he almost "falls" to the bed 'showing how her disapproval takes away the wind from beneath his wings'she matters so much to him , no matter how much he "hates" her '

,,,and... she is  mentioning how everyone else will feel if they see him like this and once again not explicit about how she has felt seeing him like like this , hiding behind the "hum" ..."tune hammari apekshaon ko dhokha diya hai.." ..Kesar was in no state,otherwise he would have stumped her here also with some variation of his famous "aur tu ?"..

and... not only did she close the door while coming in, she closes the door again while leaving '.no matter how much he hurts her , she still cares to keep him shielded from the eyes of the world ,'.coz no matter how he behaves,. he is still "her Kesar'...

So much in this scene , difficult to write everything , but its so nice watching all Gk scenes , some of them I had missed also...

VJ

Edited by VJ-LNMDJ - 12 years ago
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
where is today's  scene ?