Devils Den -Pyaar ka Tohfa from Maan to Geet - Page 13

Posted: 12 years ago
I think Maaneet sharing a bed is a very serious issue which should be given proper attention.  In a marriage it is not merely the prerogative of the male to be physically satisfied. The woman too has equal rights to conjugal bliss. If one is depriving one's wife of it, one needs to give a proper explanation for it. Telling his wife that he wants to rebuild their life together, recreate new memories with her, asking for her companionship and support for life and promising to fulfill all his duties as a husband and yet not asking her to share his room, if not bed is being insensitive.  Very rarely does Indian T.V. tackle the issue of female sexuality within a marriage and I hope this show does tackle this issue. 
I feel they have rushed into Maan's complete acceptance of Geet. Maybe its due to GC's unavailability and it was easier to show this than anything complex. But i wish they had shown Maan getting attracted to Geet and slowly falling in love with her. Right now the passion is missing from his side. He has accepted her because he has to and not because he feels that pull and intense feeling for her...
Originally posted by pickachu

Ok i get it!
I'm watching that scene again and again!
I realised that maan walked away when geet said that 'aapke zara se muskharahat mere umeed barha deta hai'.
So may be he does not want her to rise her hopes b/c he is not sure abt his feelings yet!
Hmmm I think u r right ..whenever Geet talks about how his smile or his little gestures r giving her hopes ,he takes a step back ..he did the same thing even during Teej after the sindoor-candle scene when Geet told Dadima about how Maan is melting towards her and this gives her hope ...as soon as Maan overheard it ,the first thing he did was refusing to break her fast ...Even today till the time Geet kept saying other things ,he was fine but the minute she started saying that his smile is giving her hopes ,he walked off ...so its clear that he does not want to give her false hopes that he is in love with her because he is himself not yet sure of what he exactly feels for her ...he is doing his duties and being nice to her but he does not want Geet to think about it in some other sense  ðŸ¤”
Originally posted by shali

I disagree... Geet already said she will wait for him... he is still fighting/discovering his feelings.. and that's an battle he has to fight alone... these feelings that he is getting are new to him so he needs time to accept them till then Geet should wait...

yaar I would be more worried if he had jumped in bed with her today...

Yes, she did but at the time Maan was still unsure of his feelings but since then Maan is only going from strength to strength in terms of making big speeches about marriage, companionship etc.  He may have forgotten everything but she has not.  At least when they busy getting the other couples ready for their SRs, Maan should have had a meaningful conversation with Geet saying that he knows that she may be recalling their own SR and longing for their togetherness again but he would like to give her his all only after developing stronger feelings for her. Geet can then repeat that dialogue about willing to wait till eternity.  That would have shown Maan's sensitivity without ruining his character.
Originally posted by swan20

I feel they have rushed into Maan's complete acceptance of Geet. Maybe its due to GC's unavailability and it was easier to show this than anything complex. But i wish they had shown Maan getting attracted to Geet and slowly falling in love with her. Right now the passion is missing from his side. He has accepted her because he has to and not because he feels that pull and intense feeling for her...

He has accepted her but is not yet in love with her. Acceptance and Love is two whole different things. He has not fallen in love with her yet, so the pull towards her and the passion can still be executed.

@Opti- I get what you're saying but she did say that she will wait for him to wholly accept her before she claims any rights. But I would love to see a self talk from Geet expressing her feelings, and tension- sexual or otherwise. 
Thnx Ashuu And Amazingg Avis And Hopwe Ur Well Andd Enjoyingg🤗

Mayu im a jw fan
Originally posted by Boogleton.Schiz

@Opti- I get what you're saying but she did say that she will wait for him to wholly accept her before she claims any rights. But I would love to see a self talk from Geet expressing her feelings, and tension- sexual or otherwise. 

She did say that Faria but that was before the double wedding and generally a person's libido goes up when one sees other couples, that too close relatives get married around you. Given that Maaneet are still a young couple and not some over the hill couple, I thought Maan should have at least remarked about their marital life prior to his memory loss and his wish to get there some day.
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Opti

She did say that Faria but that was before the double wedding and generally a person's libido goes up when one sees other couples, that too close couples get married around you. Given that Maaneet are still a young couple and not some over the hill couple, I thought Maan should have at least remarked about their marital life prior to his memory loss and his wish to get there some day.

Hmm, I thought so too. I thought maybe during the Devini-Luckeeto wedding we may get some scenes. But I guess because of GC's sickness they had to change a few scenes, maybe after he recovers we can get the sexual pull. However I do agree with what you said about indian soaps. They only portray men to have sexual needs, they don't really explore a woman's feelings. All women are portrayed as Sati Savatri's that will fall to their husband's feet. 
Faria, they gave GC such lengthy dialogues to mouth even while he was sick. Instead of playing hide and seek they could have had him mouth some sensible dialogues where he tells her that he understands her longing but wants her to give him some more time so that he is on the same page as her.
Originally posted by Boogleton.Schiz

@Ash,- Ah, take care dear ðŸ¤— I don't know why know find it funy when doctors fall sick ðŸ˜† 
I went to a science seminar today but it was physics, not your field. This is MSK's field of work, because to start a construction business he must of studied psychics, engineering and maybe even advanced maths. 

not a doc yet but just a student yesh its quite funny wen they fall sickk😆that is dad's field lolzz archtietcure stuff  physics and all which I hate..
Edited by Cute_Ash - 12 years ago