Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: misti73

Yes and it ends with Mahalaya...the begining of Durga Puja for us...😭😭😭😭...that is the time I miss Kolkata the most 😭😭...I miss waking up to Chandi Path broadcasted early in the morning on radio and it is played in almost all bengali household. I have never paid attention to the Chandi Path but liked listening to it in the background  and dreaming about all the nice dresses that I will get and all the nice food that I will get to eat during pujo.😭

oh dear Misti dont feel bad Chandi path you can record and play but all that delicious and mouthwatering traditonal food and smells cant bring them to you and then running and attending  different Durga pandals in the streets 😍 in new cloths well that is something cant be recreated in London
Edited by chalhov - 12 years ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Neerjaa

Is this Pitr paksh is called shraaddha for fifteen days and No shubh karya is done during this period . give food and clothes to pandit in the name of   one's ancestors, especially dead parents ?

Yes Neerja it is
-Nags- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the update 
ekta15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
THANKS MISTI FOR THE UPDATE.
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: JustShanta

Mishti, thank you for UP,

can u indulge me, please for butting in,in your thread 
some may appreciate thanks a lot

Shanta this thread is not mine...its a written update. Anyway you are welcome to butt into my thread.😃
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zam123

Thanks Misti for the great update. You hit bingo today with an awesome episode. Loved BB 👏 for spoiling Mad Barkha's plans. Hope Radhika informs Dev and does not try to handle Mad Barkha on her own.

Yes the episode was good...as for Radhika lets see...all I know tht she will require all her strength and will power now. 
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chammak_challo

totally weird story this is becoming - don't know who is good & bad anymore. thanks for the update.

Majority of characters in this story are grey...they are neither positive or good nor negative or bad...they will do whatever they think is beneficial for them ...so sometimes they will help the lead and sometimes they won't...but isn't that human nature? Human beings are not one dimensional good or bad...we all have different shades of grey in us.
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: radev85

Wow...superb episode and the best thing is BB supports rads..thanx

BB does not actually support Rads...she is using Rads to get what she wants.
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: why6

Misti,  finally came home and was able to watch today's episode.  I have only skimmed last week's episodes, but I liked today's episode.  Barkha, Maheswari and Radhika were very consistent in their characterizations.

Yesterdays episode was good and was also interesting for me. 
I also read your commentary from yesterday and it was really very funny. Thanks...I wrote that because I knew that people in the forum might be irritated with Barkha so wanted to give them humour to cheer them up. Plus I was also thrilled at the return of the real Mohini.  😃. Like your detail update too. thank you.  So all your predictions came true.  Barkha was as psychotic as predicted before where she was shown to lose control when things didn't go her way. She is a control freak and hence might actually be a very insecure person..Liked her scene with Maheswari as Pragati was really good in her taunts. yeh she broke Barkha by using the right words. So Maheswari as usual turned out to be Dev's fairy god mother saving his virtue from Barkha.  Well, I say virtue because of the way Bholu was acting.  His hesitation and trepedition when Barkha wanted him to put balm on her was really funny.  So were his relieved expressions to see Radhika at the door.  Poor Bholu:  What would he do when he finds out that Barkha is after him and she is one psychotic person?  Right now he thinks of Barkha as his and Radhika's wellwisher and still he had so many issues touching her forehead.  I think he wouldn't let Radhika out of fear that Barkha can attack him any minute.   Not that Radhika is going to leave him alone anymore with Barkha.  But why was his scene with Radhika cut so abruptly? I was smiling at Bholus reactions..he literally ran to Radhika and gave her a hug...I think a thank you for saving him.😃 ...He is really a Bholu. The scene cutting was maybe due to their obsession for weekend  tension that they like the auience to go through. 

Anyway, I liked the episode because Barkha's behavior was consistent with what they have shown in last two months (since the July ME) and her overconfident arrogant attitude with Maheswari (dismissing her) was similar to how she acted with Rohan .   That time too her attitude led Rohan to Dev and Radhika.  (I think from introduction she has been acting and she lead Rohan deliberately to Radhika. The only time she was really flustered was when dada fell ill because then her plans would not work.)Maheswari was consistent because she is now back to her normal behavior and away from the clownish behavior they were showing from her.  I am so relieved that Maheshwari is back to her real self...the silly comedy that they were showing with Mohini and Maheshwari was driving me up the wall.

But the episode belonged to Rubina who was excellent as a broken hearted person who was betrayed so badly by someone whom she trusted so much. Yes...she was brilliant..specially when she forst realises the truth and falls against the wall outside the roomand then looks around to escape. Her devastation was also because this proved that her decision to bring Barkha as RPtain was wrong.yes  I hope they show these monologues on her part where she realizes that Dada was wrong and so was she when she got brainwashed and went on the wrong path to fulfill a promise that was extracted from her. yes She could have fulfilled that promise by choosing the wrong path.  wrong or right Anyway,  I liked Rubina's expressions as she first was devastated, then was in disbelief and tried to blame BB instead and finally couldn't deny the truth any longer as she linked all the events together.  It was like there was "innocence lost" and she showed that hurt very well. yes

Even though Barkha's actions from last several episodes proved that she was an obsessive person with her own agenda,  I do want to see the flashbacks (maybe when they show a confrontation between her and Radhika) where the backstory of her obsession with Dev could be shown.I am getting a feeling from the way they are showing Barkha, that she is more obsessed with Radhika than Dev...she is obsessed with what Radhika has got and Dev is a part of that. But a back story is needed to give the missing link to the audience as to why Barkha is obsessed and when did this obsession start.   Also, I hope they show an intelligent Radhika who decides to keep quiet for the time being and defeat Barkha at her own game.  It is more than likely that Radhika is going to keep quiet in the short run as she wouldn't want Dev to throw out Barkha and jeopardize his RP title.  Also there are property issues too now.  Radhika has to use her brains and all will power to deal with this and should stay away from badi bahu as far as possible...I mean she can let BB know that she trusts her but actually maintain a distance because BB has dug a hole  and she will shove Radhika into it so Radhika should maintain her distance.