Pataudi passes away/Kareena Saif@funeral Pg 11-15 - Page 18

Posted: 12 years ago
Family comes first for Kareena

She may come across as one of the most glamorous divas on screen but, in her private life, Kareena Kapoor is a family-oriented person. This was evident as Bebo put all her plans of promoting Ra.One with Shah Rukh Khan on the backburner and rushed to beau Saif Ali Khan's side, to help him through his period of bereavement.

Saif's family is mourning the loss of his father, Tiger Pataudi, and Kareena has made it a point to give the family her full support. So even though Saif has been asking Kareena to resume work once the funeral services were conducted, Bebo has refused to budge. A source says, "She isn't even thinking of Ra.One right now. All she wants to do is to help Saif through this moment of grief. She even called up SRK and informed him that she won't be available for any promotional activities over the coming week."

Kareena's spokesperson confirmed that the news was true: "But that's Kareena…she will go out of her way where family is concerned."

Source: Deccan Chronicle
^ I would call the above article a totally unnecessary bit of news at this point...Its disgusting how all these actors use every single event in their life to forward their selfish agendas...Is it so important for Kareena to show off how much she cares for her family??? I would've loved her more had she just been quite about it...
Originally posted by cricketfan1

^ I would call the above article a totally unnecessary bit of news at this point...Its disgusting how all these actors use every single event in their life to forward their selfish agendas...Is it so important for Kareena to show off how much she cares for her family??? I would've loved her more had she just been quite about it...
agree with that. her staying away from promotions quietly would have been better, im sure ppl would have been able to figure it out anyway

I think its coz people are beginning to wonder why she's not promoting Ra.One when Shahrukh is already all over the place.

So guess her Pr clarified or felt the need to.
Everyoen knows she has a very overactive PR drive.
Which stupid is wondering about her not being at the promotions???Have they been living under a stone when Pataudi ji's death news is all over the place???

Which stupid is wondering about her not being at the promotions???Have they been living under a stone when Pataudi ji's death news is all over the place???

The same "stupid" that was wondering how come she was out there promoting Bodyguard when she did not or could not attend Shammiji's funeral or prayer, and her excuse was that she was a professional and that these were pre-booked prior to his death - this was endorsed by her fans as well.
But then I suppose Shammiji is not family even though they shared that Kapoor surname that she is so proud off, but Saif's father that she came to know in the past 4??? years was extremely important family to her and the professional and work ethic bhajan is not so important now.
As usual news about Kareena is confusing - therefore I just usually stick to watching her movies and try not to think about her personal life because there seems to be no rhythm nor rhyme there.😕
Originally posted by nalinidj

The same "stupid" that was wondering how come she was out there promoting Bodyguard when she did not or could not attend Shammiji's funeral or prayer, and her excuse was that she was a professional and that these were pre-booked prior to his death - this was endorsed by her fans as well.
But then I suppose Shammiji is not family even though they shared that Kapoor surname that she is so proud off, but Saif's father that she came to know in the past 4??? years was extremely important family to her and the professional and work ethic bhajan is not so important now.
As usual news about Kareena is confusing - therefore I just usually stick to watching her movies and try not to think about her personal life because there seems to be no rhythm nor rhyme there.😕

That actually should be the mantra with every actor, not just Kareena...All of them are the same...I wonder why people waste their breathe on trying to defending them when they know zilch about what really goes on behind the scenes...

Trust me, look it up on twitter. I run her fanclub, and a couple of Srk fans have been tweeting me asking me why Kareena isnt interested in ra.one the way she was interested in bodyguard coz she's not promoting it.
Because people dont think Kareena is that invested in Saif's family that she woudl actually be a part of the family mourning. People always think saifeena are this frivolous not so seroius couple that are just screwing each ohter 24/7. They dont see any family oriented angle attached to their story.
The ones online probably didnt catch Pataudi's funeral on tv. Especially if they dont live in india.

As for Shammi Jee, he was her GRANDFATHER'S brother. ANd no, she hasnt been in touch with her hte Kapoor family until only a few yaers ago (post 2008).
Wheras, Tiger Pataudi to her was like a father in law. She spent many of her holidays wiht the pataudis at their place, adn I'm sure she got to know him very closely. She flew in to celebrate Tiger's birthday last year, which was an intimate family gathering.
I think its a rather difficult concept to grasp, but for Kareena, Saif is family, and that goes for his immediate family as well. To her, the Kapoors are related to her by blood, but they are nothing more than that.
I mean look at it, none of hte Kapoors hsowed up to Tiger pataudi's funeral, whereas Kareena's mother and sister did. These three - kareena, babita, karisma - have ALWAYS been on their own.
I am a huge Kareena, and loved her in all her roles, even her crappy KI one.
Having said that, I do not believe that Kareena is much in charge of her personal life.  She has had a mother who made all of their decisions and now she is being led by her boyfriend, that is right, boyfriend.  Saif is not her husband, merely a boyfriend, and Pataudi Snr was not her father-in-law, just her boyfriend's father and whom she has known for about 4 years only.
Have Kareena or Saif made an official statement regarding the status of their relationship? No. To the Kapoors, Patuadi is just Kareena's boyfriend's father - why the need for chummy then?  Was any of the Patuadi's there for Shammiji's funeral? 
Also the bhajan of Babita only taking care of her children and being abandoned by the father and Kapoor's is all bull.  Babita was in a relationship with Ranjeet prior to her marriage, true, she was not an accepted daughter-in-law for that reason and Babita's and Randhir's divorce is due to her resuming the relationship - every magazine and gossip paper worth their salt headlined that relationship.  Check with older people in the family if they were into Bollywood that time.
Still, a relationship with the children were maintained - check the various pictures of the two girls, especially with Rishi and Neetu Kapoor and their family.  There were holidays with the Bachchan family added sometimes.  There are quite a few pictures floating around with their grandfather.  I understand that Karisma got married from his home as well.  
And if all that is untrue and they were truly abandoned by all the Kapoor's and it was just the three against the big bad world, then why don't they abandon the Kapoor surname, ties with the natural family talent and first family of Bollywood mantra and everything else regarding the Kapoors.  Why glorify the name all the time if you were treated atrouciously by them?
Babita shrieks and her daughters jump to attention, and she is not above using anything to her purposes.
Originally posted by nalinidj

it's all about relations one shares with each other and although I highly doubt Kareena was that chummy with Pataudi, she's gonna be there for her drug i.e. Saif. It was Saif's father who died, and she's addicted to Saif. I can understand why she's staying away from the promotions. Saif's father passed recently so let her help Saif in his mourning process.

Btw you're right about the Babita affair, I've said it once I'mma say it again Babita is not the saint her daughters make her out to be.  And surely Babita, Karisma and Kareena have been always together, but even they will be worried, when Kareena isn't able to come onto a healthy ground with the men in her life. She needs to find the healthy balance between loving and obsessing in a relationship, and although she's 31 years old she's still not found it, which is sad imo.
Edited by ronaldinha - 12 years ago