Pataudi passes away/Kareena Saif@funeral Pg 11-15 - Page 7

Posted: 12 years ago
May his soul rest in peace
May God give strength to his family to bear with the loss !!

Funeral

Sharmila :(

Bebo

Soha

My condolences to saif,sharmila,soha and their extendend family and friends...

Mansoor ali khan pataudi was a very respectful man who lead a life of dignity..may his soul rest in peace. 
Rest in peace, Mr Pataudi.  May your soul achieve Jannat.
May his soul rest in peace.. Edited by alisha_yashAran - 12 years ago
Saif Ali Khan & family bereaved
IndiaGlitz [Friday, September 23, 2011]

Sharmila Tagore's husband and Saif and Soha Ali Khan's father, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi passed away due to lung infection followed by cardiac arrest. Aged 70, the former Indian cricket captain and the last Nawab of Pataudi state was on treatment Sir Ganga Ram hospital, New Delhi for past 25 days.

Popularly called as Tiger, Pataudi left for heavenly abode yesterday (22 Sept) evening. All his immediate family members were reported to be at the hospital when he breathed his last.

According to sources, he will be buried at Pataudi village in Gurgaon on today (Friday) afternoon.

Tiger, who created inimitable mark in the world of cricket, holds the record for being the youngest Indian captain at the age of 21. He has been a great inspiration for his confidence and ability to fight against odds and will be greatly missed by all especially by the sport personalities.

Pataudi also has a second daughter, Saba, a jewellery designer is not as much as a celebrity as her other family members.

IndiaGlitz extends heartfelt condolence to his near and dear ones...

SRK also plans to meet Saif, Soha and the family soon

Shah Rukh Khan
picture: Getty Images

Shah Rukh Khan says he had a "huge attachment" toMansur Ali Khan Pataudi who died on September 22, and remembers the Indian cricket legend as a "friend's friend".

"The news of Pataudi sir is very saddening. He was an iconic figure. I have met him and known him very closely. Since the time I was young, I have had a huge attachment to him. He was a gentleman and a friend's friend," Shah Rukh told reporters in Gurgaon. 

He was speaking on the sidelines of the Global Indian Music Awards (GIMA).

Pataudi died after battling a lung infection for about a month. The former Indian captain, 70, is survived by his wife, actress Sharmila Tagore, and three children, daughters Soha and Saba and son Saif.

"I will definitely go and meet the family," Shah Rukh said. "I am close to Saif and Soha." 

IANS

Being consoled

In deep shock

Leaders' homageGreat loss

Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan are seen during the funeral procession of Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi in New Delhi. Nawab Pataudi

Edited by Saddiakhan - 12 years ago

Big B, Akshay and many other stars pay tribute to the 'great captain'

Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
picture: Getty Images

"Legend", "great captain", "style icon", "gentleman" - that's how Bollywood remembered former Indian cricket captain Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi on receiving news of the 70-year-old's death. 

Saif Ali Khan's dad died in New Delhi today (September 22) after battling a lung infection for about a month. Saif, his mum Sharmila Tagore, his sister Saba and girlfriend Kareena Kapoor were with the cricketing legend when he passed away. 

Here's what T'towners had to say about Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi. 

Akshay Kumar: "Just heard about the sad demise of Tiger Pataudi, one of India's finest & youngest captains, a thorough gentleman and leader, extremely sad news. Heartfelt condolences to the family."

Amitabh Bachchan: Sad news .. Tiger Pataudi passes away..!!

Riteish Deshmukh added: "RIP TIGER PATAUDI - True Cricketing LEGEND passes away."

Shekhar Kapur: Deepest condolences 2 Sharmila, Saif, Soha n Saba, Tiger Pataudi will b missed, one of d biggest icons of my generation, why so early? Tiger has left us. 1 of d most courageous cricketers d world has known, who took on d fastest bowlers in d world after losing 1 eye.

Madhur Bhandarkar: Sad to hear that Tiger Pataudi is no more... An era ends...

Neha Dhupia: Very Sad to hear about the demise of tiger Pataudi ... RIP.

Boman Irani: MAK Pataudi passes away! RIP

Rahul Bose: Distraught to hear about Tiger Pataudi's demise. He was a great captain, player, gentleman & my coach for a summer. Will never forget him.

Arbaaz Khan: RIP Tiger Pataudi. One of the India's finest captains.

Dia Mirza: So saddened... Tiger Pataudi RIP. We will never forget your contribution and charisma. God grant his family strength.

Nagesh Kukunoor: "Just heard about the news. Other than the obvious that he was a great cricketer, I feel he was a style icon of that time. He had a regal personality. My condolences go to Saif for sure," he said.

Ad filmmaker-turned-lyricist Prasoon Joshi termed it a "big loss". "I briefly met him, but have been very close to Sharmila-ji for a long time now. It is a big loss, I am very shocked by the news...May god bless the family," Prasoon, who is currently in Delhi, said.

Shreya Ghoshal: Former cricketer Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi passes away. R.I.P.

Vishal Dadlani: Tiger Pataudi. A Legend in the true sense of the word. RIP, Sir.

May his soul rest in peace