Ankur's Reaction's were Priceless!

poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I just saw yesterday episode in a repeat telecast and I have to say that Ankur had me laughing all through! πŸ˜†

The guy is such a natural actor...the look of complete shock and bewilderment on his face when he finally comes to meet the Rathi's was so spot-on and for some reason made me laugh so much!

Especially when he sees Meenakshi plunking herself comfortably on the floor and then the price sticker on the crockery!

This entire sequence was probably one of the best since the show has started! The educated, upwardly mobile Ankur Kothari getting the shock of his life, when he realizes where he is trying to get his sister's ristha fixed!

The Rathi's portrayed their 'rural' side very well too...Vikram's smooth-talk, Babasa's lack of class, Meenakshi's gauchness...everything was portrayed so well! And in all this, poor Ankur looking like a Deer infront of headlights!πŸ˜†

Btw, am I the only one who finds both Ankita and Sandhya to be utterly selfish and way too opinionated? Why is Ankita taking the moral high ground? On what basis? How is abandoning her husband for her sister-in-law the right thing to do?πŸ˜• Especially when she is pregnant! Doesn't she feel that she is being completely unjust towards Ankur by not supporting him one bit and then telling him that she would rather raise their child on her own?

And Sandhya is no less! She is comparing a brother buying a handbag for her sister to her own brother leaving for the US to fulfill his dreams! What sort of a comparison is that, anyway? How can she expect Ankur to be selfless, when she herself is being so selfish?πŸ˜•

Interesting episode...and I really like the way Suraj's character is shaping up! He is a quite sort of guy, who tries to comply to everyone's needs and avoid confrontation as much as possible! Yet, he is not a doormat and has his self-esteem and dignity in place.

Looking forward to seeing Sandhya and Suraj's interaction! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monika_9126 thumbnail
Yup,Varun is a very talented actor!He brings so many nuances,so many shades into his character!The scene with suraj in the sweet shop deserves a special mention too! The way he looks on dumbfounded when bhabo was calling her family members was *muah*!
And another scene I liked was where sandhya watches suraj buying a bag for his sister,where she justs looks on was touching,i dont think many will agree with me but there was something about her expression,very poignant!
Ankita owes a lot to her in laws,seriously how many would put their house on stake for their bahu?sandhya's character is stubborn,adamant but not selfish.she was the one who was suggesting her late parents to use the money for her education for ankita!There's no guarantee that sandhya will become a police officer or not,but atleast a chance should be given to her right,other options should have been explored like a relative or a hostel,but they didnt,too bad!in the end she is going to relent and marry and we get to see a beautiful couple together and thats what I am waiting for 😊Edited by monika_9126 - 12 years ago
sulijma thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Why cant both brother and sister follow their dreams?? Ankur and Ankita can go to US .. Sandhya can stay at hostel and study for IPS... Ankur can send money for her expenditures.. after all he has job.. he will be able to do that.. so many girls stay in hostels/PG for their studies ... i cant understand y in serials all girls have to stay with family..
Suraj is good guy and deserves good girl.. but it should not be Sandhya..
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: poppy2009

I just saw yesterday episode in a repeat telecast and I have to say that Ankur had me laughing all through! πŸ˜†

The guy is such a natural actor...the look of complete shock and bewilderment on his face when he finally comes to meet the Rathi's was so spot-on and for some reason made me laugh so much!

Especially when he sees Meenakshi plunking herself comfortably on the floor and then the price sticker on the crockery!

This entire sequence was probably one of the best since the show has started! The educated, upwardly mobile Ankur Kothari getting the shock of his life, when he realizes where he is trying to get his sister's ristha fixed!

The Rathi's portrayed their 'rural' side very well too...Vikram's smooth-talk, Babasa's lack of class, Meenakshi's gauchness...everything was portrayed so well! And in all this, poor Ankur looking like a Deer infront of headlights!πŸ˜†   The entire sequence was hilarious and I thought Ankur was on the verge of running away πŸ˜†.

Btw, am I the only one who finds both Ankita and Sandhya to be utterly selfish and way too opinionated? Why is Ankita taking the moral high ground? On what basis? How is abandoning her husband for her sister-in-law the right thing to do?πŸ˜• Especially when she is pregnant! Doesn't she feel that she is being completely unjust towards Ankur by not supporting him one bit and then telling him that she would rather raise their child on her own?  I do not think Ankitha and Sandhya are selfish.  Ankitha is 100% right.  How can she just leave Sandhya and fly to US.  I feel she is correct in whatever she said.  I find Ankur rather selfish and opinionated.  I am not talking here of Sandhya's dream to become an IPS officer but her brother and sister-in-law are morally bound to support her until she finishes her education.  I am proud of Ankitha to take such a decision.

And Sandhya is no less! She is comparing a brother buying a handbag for her sister to her own brother leaving for the US to fulfill his dreams! What sort of a comparison is that, anyway? How can she expect Ankur to be selfless, when she herself is being so selfish?πŸ˜•   Similarly, we cannot compare or compromise for a US job and sister's life.  Marriage is a one time decision but if tried and lucky enough, Ankur can get another opportunity to go to US too.

Interesting episode...and I really like the way Suraj's character is shaping up! He is a quite sort of guy, who tries to comply to everyone's needs and avoid confrontation as much as possible! Yet, he is not a doormat and has his self-esteem and dignity in place.

Looking forward to seeing Sandhya and Suraj's interaction!   Me too.  Hope they keep up our expectations.

Thanks poppy for the post.  Apart from what you have mentioned I also liked the scene where Bhabho tells should I have to break coconut for you to get into action and Bhabhasa's scene.

After this shock at Rathi's house, I thought Ankur will hesitate but somehow that is not the case.

Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
that was a good scene , when he looks at th prizes on tea cups and looked horrified ...πŸ˜† 
I could not make out what his feelings were after seeing Suraj ...
Edited by Tanyaz - 12 years ago
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for the replies, guys!

bb2011, I agree in some parts with you! Ankur should have thought of an alternate arrangement for Sandhya instead of marrying her off so soon! And from what we can make out, he will go ahead with the Rathi's proposal, despite seeing with his own eyes, what a diametrically opposite household they have in comparison to Sandhya's own family and upbringing! Or maybe, he will be genuinly get impressed by Suraj and decide to go ahead!

Btw, I have to say that, Suraj's simplicity and dignity is very endearing! I just hope the creatives don't show him to be pushover, though! One can remain a really nice guy, without being a doormat and letting people trample all over them.

Lolz...that Naariyal dialouge was rofl!πŸ˜† And yes, the price sticker...actually, that happens sometimes even in real life! I have many a times worn a new dress without taking off the price-tag! Damn embarassing!πŸ˜†
Angelbud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: poppy2009

The Rathi's portrayed their 'rural' side very well too...Vikram's smooth-talk, Babasa's lack of class, Meenakshi's gauchness...everything was portrayed so well! And in all this, poor Ankur looking like a Deer infront of headlights!πŸ˜†

Btw, am I the only one who finds both Ankita and Sandhya to be utterly selfish and way too opinionated? Why is Ankita taking the moral high ground? On what basis? How is abandoning her husband for her sister-in-law the right thing to do?πŸ˜• Especially when she is pregnant! Doesn't she feel that she is being completely unjust towards Ankur by not supporting him one bit and then telling him that she would rather raise their child on her own?

And Sandhya is no less! She is comparing a brother buying a handbag for her sister to her own brother leaving for the US to fulfill his dreams! What sort of a comparison is that, anyway? How can she expect Ankur to be selfless, when she herself is being so selfish?πŸ˜•

Looking forward to seeing Sandhya and Suraj's interaction! 

Oh dear,  poppy it seems once again your usual deliberations that spurn these questions that alas find no resolutions inciting more disturbances ion your psyche are littered with misunderstandings!  Yes it was interesting but even more interesting to see your somewhat naive analysis! you say suraj is "not a doormat" well remember the episode with the necklace and how he prostrated his own self esteem on the balcony in remorse, so his mother could wipe her feet on his dreams!  Further to this the imagery and symbolism of Sandhys realisation that their are brothers in the world that care only for their sisters happiness highlights the contrast she clearly feels!  Your "what kind of comparison is that" comments once again leaves us thinking you are in need of some attention yourself hence all these long drawn out posts you keep writing!  Here is some advice:

Buy yourself a handbag and sit and watch whats really going on in the show not in some parallel universe called Poppyland!  Ta Ta Dear!πŸ˜›

You can join my fan club if you want!
tanthya thumbnail

Damn, I seemed to have missed a good epi !!πŸ˜ƒ

Thanxx, Poppy ..Loved ur description..
Edited by tanthya - 12 years ago
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: tanthya

Damn, I seemed to have missed a good epi !!πŸ˜ƒ

Thanxx, Poppy ..Loved ur description..

if u missed it plz watch the last partπŸ˜†

ankur faint hote hote reh gya jab bhabho screamed on the doorπŸ˜†

n incidences one after other πŸ˜³

u descibed it well poppyπŸ˜‰
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Angelbud

Oh dear,  poppy it seems once again your usual deliberations that spurn these questions that alas find no resolutions inciting more disturbances ion your psyche are littered with misunderstandings!  Yes it was interesting but even more interesting to see your somewhat naive analysis! you say suraj is "not a doormat" well remember the episode with the necklace and how he prostrated his own self esteem on the balcony in remorse, so his mother could wipe her feet on his dreams!  Further to this the imagery and symbolism of Sandhys realisation that their are brothers in the world that care only for their sisters happiness highlights the contrast she clearly feels!  Your "what kind of comparison is that" comments once again leaves us thinking you are in need of some attention yourself hence all these long drawn out posts you keep writing!  Here is some advice:

Buy yourself a handbag and sit and watch whats really going on in the show not in some parallel universe called Poppyland!  Ta Ta Dear!πŸ˜›

You can join my fan club if you want!

Angelbud, you seriously need to STOP looking down your nose at everyone else, and seeing yourself as high and mighty, the most 'educated' out of everyone. On one hand, you expect everyone to bow down to you and accept your posts, yet you yourself do not have the ability to listen to other people's views- I think you are incredibly rude and abnoxious in your attitudes towards other members in this forum, labelling them as naive and uneducated, simply because you are unable to have people disagreeing with you. x
Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 12 years ago