Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Hamari Saas Leela stays; makes a shift

Hamari Saas Leela stays; makes a shift

Colors Hamari Saas Leela finally gets saved but makes a move to the afternoon slot...

Looks like ColorsHamari Saas Leela got hit by an oasis in their vast bland desert. Even after several ultimatums by the channel to improve the quality of their product, the show was not able to live up to their standards due to which the channel decided to pull it off air. 

However, the latest boom we hear is that the show has recently got an extension and has been saved from getting axed by the channel.

A source confirms, "Fresh episodes of Hamari Saas Leela which used to air on Colors' at 7:00 PM will be shifted to the afternoon slot of 2:30 PM. Though the channel has not given any confirmed slot to the show, it will be televised in the afternoon from the 26th of this month."

Source further adds, "The 7:00 PM slot ofHamari Saas Leela will be occupied by Rajan Shahi's new show Havan, the promos of which are already on air."

We contacted Apara Mehta who plays Leela and she confirmed saying, "The show was always good, but sometimes the slot determines its destiny. Our show runs well on the afternoon slot therefore the channel must have taken this decision instead of pulling it off completely. But the basic flavor will remain unchanged."

On contacting Asit Modi, he too gave a confirmation on the same.

Hope this new time slot brings some luck to the show...

Reporter: Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Megha Bissa

"Havan is a pure fiction"- Rajan Shahi

"Havan is a pure fiction"- Rajan Shahi

Rajan Shahi speaks to TellyBuzz on his new show Havan

Rajan Shahi along with his partner Vivek Bahl are instrumental in making masterworks likeBidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and his company Director's Kut is all set to come up with their new show called Havan on Colors. This is the first show wherein Rajan is a single producer. The show touches upon a subject that the Indian Television is perhaps seeing for the first time. 

Havan is a tale pegged on the relationship between a believer and his Guru (Baapji) with the myriad of human emotions that exist between them capturing the journey that goes behind people's faith. On the out of the launch of the show, Rajan Shahi spoke to TellyBuzz about the show and the brains behind it...

Excerpts

Tell us something about your new show Havan?
This is the first launch by the company and is very dear to me. When I approached Colors for the first time I kept aside all the other projects and discussed it as this is the one that we are working on. According to me, this is one such concept that has not yet been tried on Indian television.  When you watch the show, you will see that there are various interesting facets that cannot be compared to the characters with any of the earlier ones you have seen. This is a powerful concept that everyone in the country can connect with.

But don't you think pitching a show on Colorswas a risky decision, especially with Bigg Boss 5 making its way?
Each show has its designated slot and also a specific audience. You can actually sit with your five year old kid or your grandmother and watch this show. It is a powerful subject that it doesn't matter what shows come and go.

How did you select your cast with Narendra Jha playing a prominent role?
After subject and writing, the next thing that will be appreciated on the show will be the cast. The other cast will be revealed as the show progresses as we want to hold the surprise element. The beauty of the show is the way casting has been done. I cannot think of anyone who can carry the role of Baapji well other than Narendra Jha and he was our first choice. Shubhangi Atre Poorey will be another surprise package in the show and she has done a brilliant job. And like always, Director's Kut is launching a new face with Havan called Shrenu who plays Astha and is a superlative performer. I am sure that she will do a good job and we are really very proud of her.  It has been four months since the casting has started and you can imagine how the process would have been.

Your previous show on ColorsMaat Pitaah Ke Charnon Mein Swarg, did not taste much success. What are your expectations from this show?
Every show has been really close to my heart even if the audience accepts it or not. It is true that sometimes the show we make fail to get audience's interest, but that will never stop me or evenColors to experiment with new concepts.

Do you think the 7 PM slot is one of the most challenging slots?
Indeed it is a challenging slot and we have a mountain to climb as the highest rated show runs in that slot. But in Indian television the time-slots have been redefined because nobody has ever thought that 7 PM slot would become one of the highest watched slots. Today we also see that the 9 PM slot does not get good results and whenever I get the 9 PM slot it is a little scary.

So that means people are looking for concepts rather than popular faces?
Yes I guess and it is all about the concepts and the characters in television.  This is because people connect with the characters and the story of the show.

You have made a lot of family entertainers, when are you planning to come up with a show based on youth?
Actually every show of mine has a huge relevance to the youth and this show is of no exception. Of course I would love to make shows especially for my age group (laughs). But seriously I would love to make shows for youth if the broadcaster is ready.

Is it because of the concept of Havan that you have decided to pitch it on Colors?
When Colors was launched, the channel changed the way Indian television functions. With concepts like Balika Vadhu and Uttaran, they have always brought up unique stories, breaking all the limits. At the creative helm there are people like Ashwini and Sumit. Even the creative team wants to do different stuff without diluting the main focus. There is honesty and desire to take risks and to experiment with different genre which gives you as a producer the confidence to make a show.

Two of your shows, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge and Hawan are launching on Sony and on Colorsrespectively. What are your expectations?
Right now, for me, the most important launch is Havan as this is the Company's first launch this year and the whole year we have been working hard on it. The whole focus and concentration is on this show.

Do you think Baapji will become another iconic character in television?
Yes. Actually we already treat him like a spiritual Guru Baapji and whenever I go on the sets I do pranam while he says, "sir I am Narendra Jha". He is going to break that line.

We have heard that the story is on the lines of Nityananda Swami Issue?
I want to make it clear and put it on record that this show is not based on any Spiritual Gurus or Babas or Saints living or dead. This is purely fictional and I want to clear this rumour.

What would you like to say to the fans of your shows on India-forums?
I would like each one of them to watch Havan as you will be taken on a different journey through the show with new characters that have together made a brilliant show.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Shubhangi Atre back with Hawan

Television actress Shubhangi Atre, who was last seen on Imagine's Do Hanso Ka Joda, is back on small screen with Colors new show Hawan by Rajan Shahi. 

She plays the ambitious daughter-in-law of Baapji, played by well known actor Narendra Jha. Shubhangi talks about her comeback on small -screen and her role in the show.

"I am happy that finally I am working with producer like Rajan Shahi, who is well known for his shows like Bidaai, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata. I am also happy with my new look and my character Trishna which is completely different from the characters I have played in my career."

Glad to be part of Hawan, she says, "It is not a typical drama show but has lot of depth and serenity. Hawan is about faith of a common man and very contemporary. People will be able to relate to Hari Om Ashram. I play the eldest daughter-in-law Trishna, who is ambitious, manipulative and has helped the ashram become what it is yet handles her family efficiently. The character has grey shades too. I am positive that this show will be liked by the audiences."

Watch Hawan starting today at 7 pm only on Colors.

Shubhangi's new look

Shubhangi Atre talks about her new show Hawan

TV actress Shubhangi Atre who was last seen in Imagine's Do Hanso Ka Joda is back with a bang. Shubhangi always wanted to work with producer Rajan Shahi. She was surprised when she got a call from his office Directors's Kut. She heard the script of Tv show Hawan and loved her role.

It is quite different from what she has done in the past. She feels great that she is doing a show which is quite talked about already for its unique storyline. The show air's on Colors. She confirms, "It was my dream to work with producer Rajan Shahi as I have heard always he is a very good at story telling and is a fantastic human being. My dream has finally come true. I play the character Trishna she will surely do lot of dhamaal in the show. People are already complimenting me for my new look."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Shubhangis-new-look/articleshow/10126912.cms

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Darpan Shrivastava tipped to be the negative lead in Hawan

Darpan is all set to enter Director Kut's latest venture with a hard hitting negative role...

snowflake. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Kunal Verma gets slapped!

Friday, October 07, 2011 | 5:58:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    21 Comments
Kunal Verma gets slapped!

Not in reality, but this reel life incident has left an unexpected memory in Kunal's life...

Every second of a person's life is a mystery and nobody can predict what a new day has in store for them. An unexpected incident always carves a memory in one's mind and Kunal Verma who is currently seen in Rajan Shahi's Havan onColors will surely have similar sentiments to share after today's incident.

Kunal Converse, "There was a scene where Atharva confesses his love for Astha (Samta Sagar) and in return she slaps him intensely. The scene took almost 5-6 re-takes and after each re-take, the intensity of the slap went on increasing. Samta being completely into her character was delivering her best and didn't realize that each time she was slapping me was with a greater force."

"It was hurting me so much that I had to take a break between the takes (laughs). At the end of the day its acting and I have to bare everything but as none has ever slapped me, this came as an unexpected shock and has left an unforgettable memory too," narrates Karan.

As they say Kunal, everything is fair and acceptable in this big, bruised world of tellydom...

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Megha Bissa

snowflake. thumbnail

"I always wanted to work for Rajan Shahi"-Kunal Verma

Sunday, October 09, 2011 | 9:27:39 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    9 Comments
"I always wanted to work for Rajan Shahi"-Kunal Verma

Kunal Verma in an exclusive talk with Tellybuzz...

After portraying the obedient son on Star Plus'Tujh Sang Preet Lagayi Sajana and a supportive friend in Sony TV's Tera Mujhse Hai Pehle Ka Naata KoiKunal Verma has groomed himself to essay yet another simple role in Rajan Shahi's Hawan on Colors

In an exclusive talk with Tellybuzz, Kunal revealed how he always wanted to work for Directors Kut Production and shared his other thoughts...

How did you bag the role in Hawan?

After working for Surya the Super Cop, I got approached for Rajan Shahi's new project. So I went and got shortlisted after the auditions were done. In this way I got selected for the role of Atharva in the show.

You play the obedient son of Baapji. Do you think the role is similar to the one you portrayed in Tujh Sang?

Not fully, but I think to some extent the role is on the similar lines of that the role in Tujh Sang…

What is the character all about?

Atharva is a lawyer and a very descent guy. My character is very sober and genuine, someone who always follows what his father says, never goes beyond his words. The character is not complicated and has no grey shades in it.

How is the experience working with Rajan Shahi?

Frankly speaking Rajan Shahi is the one I always wanted to work with. I had heard about Directors Kut being one of the best production houses to work with, that means the working atmosphere which sets you free to explore yourself as a character. So I always wanted to work with him and as I have received this opportunity I will see to it that I prove myself.

We heard were considered for a role in his previous shows as well?

The vibes you get when you work with Rajan Shahi on a set are wonderful and it makes you more enthusiastic to work. Now it is like head on my shoulders and I just have to 'Click'.

You have undergone a makeover for this role?

Not really. But to some extent yes, I have changed my hairstyle as normally my hair was a bit long but now I have made them short for the role, otherwise everything is the same.

The show is set with in Bihar. How easy or tough was it to get the grip of the dialect and mannerisms?

First of all the background is not Bihari but has a dialect from Bundelkhand so there was nothing to grip in terms of the mannerisms. Regarding the dialect then nothing was compulsory for my character. 

The cast of the show had been finalized long back. What was the reason for the delay of its launch?

It's true that the show got delayed but a few unavoidable issues are bound to crop in a project like this. We were about to launch the show in July but due to the monsoons, we could not shoot at the location which we wanted and other such issues led into the delay of the show. But one is thing is for sure that everyone was waiting for the show to go on floors.

Your last show Tera Mujhse Hai Pehle Ka Naata Koi did not get an expected run. Were you apprehensive about taking your next project?

I really can't comment on my last project because as far as I knew I was giving my best to the show but may be the script didn't appealed to the audience which started with a different concept but took a different turn later. As far as this project is concerned I know if we all give our best, it will definitely rock.

Any memorable experiences so far?

We have just started with the show but working with thid production and the cast is fun.

You have actors like Narendra Jha and Shubhangi Atre Poorey in the show. How is the experience working with them?

Both of them are clean hearted, very beautiful people and genuine actors. So working with them was always welcomed and a memory in itself.

You have tough competition being in the 7pm slot...

Yes, there is a competition but let's see where the show is destined to be. But I believe when the entire cast works hard, the show automatically gets clicked with the audience.

What are your expectations from the show?

I hope we all reach to what our producers and audience expect from us.

By Tejashree Bhopatkar

snowflake. thumbnail

Prachi Thakkar to enter Havan

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 | 5:17:38 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    10 Comments
Prachi Thakkar to enter Havan

The actress will play the second Bahu of Baapji in the Colors' show...

Prachi Thakkar who was last seen on Star Plus' Kasautii Zindagii Kay is making her comeback with Rajan Shahi's newly launched show onColorsHawan.

According to our source, "Prachi Thakkar will be playing Manjari, the second bahu of Baapji (Narendra Jha) who is very sweet, soft spoken and a positive girl. She is tortured by her husband who is a spoilt brat and harasses her a lot.  Initially the character will be very silent but later on she will fight for her rights."

We contacted Prachi who confirmed the news but refused to divulge any detail.

We hear that Aarya DharmChand Kumar who played the character of Akash in Imagine'sArmanon ka Balidaan-Aarakshan will be seen playing the harsh husband opposite Prachi.

She will make her entry dramatically in the Maha episode on Saturday.

Seems like the producers are leaving no stone unturned to make this one big!

Reporter: Ranjini Nair 
Author: Megha Bissa 

snowflake. thumbnail

Trishna's real side to reveal in Havan...

Friday, October 14, 2011 | 3:36:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    10 Comments
Trishna's real side to reveal in Havan...

In an upcoming Maha episode, true colours of Trishna Bhabhi will be out in the public...

ColorsHawan produced by Rajan Shahi is all set to see its first Maha Episode tomorrow and the viewers will get to witness a dramatic sequence in the show wherein the true shades of Trishna Bhabhi will be revealed.

A source says, "Till date Trishna (Shubhangi Atre Poorey) has been handling all the decisions related to the Empire that Baapji holds. She has been portrayed as the intelligent and the calculative lady of the generation. But of late it has been disturbing her that a new member has started influencing Baapji's (Narendra Jha) decisions. The Maha Episode will telecast the Maha Shivratri celebrations wherein Trishna will create a scene in front of the public and her family after gulping down some Bhaang."

When contacted, Shubhangi said, "Yes, the true shade of Trishna will be revealed in the Maha Episode and you will have to wait and watch to know more."

Tune in to find out what is in store for you in the Maha Episode. 

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan