Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
What a nice post! And it does bring out some very nostalgic (and embrassing) memories!

I used to spend a good portion of my very limited pocket money on buying Aamir Khan's picture postcards...and tucking them in-between my maths books! No wonder, I kept flunking Maths like there was no tomorrow! It took me years and years to get over my crush on Aamir! Such was his influence, that all the guys I fell for in my life, somehow resembled Aamir, in either complexion or height (lack of)πŸ˜†

I have seen QSQT more than 30 times till date!πŸ˜ƒ And I have cried every single time when Aamir and Juhi die in the end! I am sure, if I was to see the film today, it will bring all those memories back and I will prolly still end up bawling in the end!πŸ˜†

Before Aamir, there was Govinda! And I swear, I loved him so much! There wasn't a single film of his that I had missed! We guys used to live in a Goverment Colony and since there was little entertainmnet in those days, excpet for the bi-weekly Chitrahaar, we used to pool money and rent a VCR and Cassette and camp at anyone's place, who had a color TV (which again wasn't as common back then!) I have seen every Govinda movie, right from Hatya to Billoo Baadshah!πŸ˜†

I also owned a 'Friends' Cap that was popularized by Salman Khan in MPK! And I even got a white salwar kameesz stiched, just like Bhagyashree wore in that Kabootar song!πŸ˜†

Needless to say, my parent's were extremely worried about me for sometime, till I outgrew my fascination of hindi movies!
Edited by poppy2009 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: poppy2009

! There wasn't a single film of his that I had missed! We guys used to live in a Goverment Colony and since there was little entertainmnet in those days, excpet 

U mean gorment kalony???πŸ˜†

...gorment kalonies used to get DD1 only😊
Edited by tvdekha - 12 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

What a nice post! And it does bring out some very nostalgic (and embrassing) memories!

I used to spend a good portion of my very limited pocket money on buying Aamir Khan's picture postcards...and tucking them in-between my maths books! No wonder, I kept flunking Maths like there was no tomorrow! It took me years and years to get over my crush on Aamir! Such was his influence, that all the guys I fell for in my life, somehow resembled Aamir, in either complexion or height (lack of)πŸ˜†

I have seen QSQT more than 30 times till date!πŸ˜ƒ And I have cried every single time when Aamir and Juhi die in the end! I am sure, if I was to see the film today, it will bring all those memories back and I will prolly still end up bawling in the end!πŸ˜†

Before Aamir, there was Govinda! And I swear, I loved him so much! There wasn't a single film of his that I had missed! We guys used to live in a Goverment Colony and since there was little entertainmnet in those days, excpet for the bi-weekly Chitrahaar, we used to pool money and rent a VCR and Cassette and camp at anyone's place, who had a color TV (which again wasn't as common back then!) I have seen every Govinda movie, right from Hatya to Billoo Baadshah!πŸ˜†

I also owned a 'Friends' Cap that was popularized by Salman Khan in MPK! And I even got a white salwar kameesz stiched, just like Bhagyashree wore in that Kabootar song!πŸ˜†

Needless to say, my parent's were extremely worried about me for sometime, till I outgrew my fascination of hindi movies!

poppyy .. ur stories seem so reall and near to me..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Pulwasha and TVdekha, I am very embarssed about them! But what the heck! Yeh to web hain na! Here, you can share everything without the fear of people passing judgement on you!πŸ˜†

I was quite the 'behenji' types, I guess!πŸ˜•πŸ˜† And a huge, huge, movie buff! My parent's were really very worried about me! If I was a pretty looking thing, they would have feared that someone day, I will take off to Mumbai and try my luck at the films! Unfortunately, I was bespectacled, oily-haired and had about thousand pimples on my face! So, all my fantasies about Govinda and Aamir Khan were limited to just post-cards and day-dreaming!πŸ˜†

I remember buying a Rs. 2 poster of Aamir Khan from Connaught Place and putting it up inside my almirah!😳 And everyday before going to school, I used to look at him and plant a kiss on his cheap, garish poster, assuming that my day will go very well!

Eeyuck!πŸ˜†

PS: But I swear, we had more fun in our lowly Government Kalony, as you say, than any of the kids these days have, playing with their PSP, PS2, Wii, whatever!
Edited by poppy2009 - 12 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge is another film because Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna was one song that was always on at those two weddings I remember going to...it was amazing! It was just a proper family wedding no disruptions...just happy days and the song from Pardes "Do Dil Mil Rahe Hain" is another song that reminds me of two cousins who got married back in 1998 :) I remember when I watched the film...this song came on and it reminded me of them two:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA_h4iQJhoU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpQWMQxZ65I&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

90's was probably one of those years where I remember my childhood spent in my uncle's house and I used to be there with my cousins and Chhup Gaya Badli Mein Jaake was another song so close to me it reminds me woh saare pal jo maine guzaare hain and it's truly rememorable.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adhppzdCLF4[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by ruky786 - 12 years ago

Pulwasha and TVdekha, I am very embarssed about them! But what the heck! Yeh to web hain na! Here, you can share everything without the fear of people passing judgement on you!πŸ˜†

Eeyuck!πŸ˜†

PS: But I swear, we had more fun in our lowly Government Kalony, as you say, than any of the kids these days have, playing with their PSP, PS2, Wii, whatever!

True... :)  So peaceful and safe...

Edited by tvdekha - 12 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I was quite the 'behenji' types, I guess!πŸ˜•πŸ˜† And a huge, huge, movie buff! My parent's were really very worried about me! If I was a pretty looking thing, they would have feared that someone day, I will take off to Mumbai and try my luck at the films! Unfortunately, I was bespectacle, oily-haired and had about thousand pimples on my face! So, all my fantasies about Govinda and Aamir Khan were limited to just post-cards and day-dreaming!πŸ˜†

I remember buying a Rs. 2 poster of Aamir Khan from Connaught Place and putting it up inside my almirah!😳 And everyday before going to school, I used to look at him and plant a kiss on his cheap, garish poster, assuming that my day will go very well!

Eeyuck!πŸ˜†

my khala had a Salman Khan poster on her closet door.. i used to kiss that.. it was nangu pangu sallu.. its not embarassing at all..πŸ˜† its actually sweet memmoriess..

i soo agree.. i never had watever PSP, PS2 not even computer and im not very old.. times have changed drastically..
ruky786 thumbnail
Tere Dar Par Sanam is another 90's song I have memories of...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5sxEGS7Oo[/YOUTUBE]
oh my god...how can i talk abt the 90s and not mention this song!!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oDRf-rLscY[/YOUTUBE]

it was such a rage back then...we used to dance to this on my birthday parties...πŸ˜†
ruky786 thumbnail
Smartie you just reminded me of Subah Se Lekar!πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ejQw_oFLwI[/YOUTUBE]

Quite a lot of these songs I didn't know about until my sister during the 90's era...and I just love these songs...it really makes me think of my childhood...and how time has gone so quick.