Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by tvdekha

female foeticide...😭...

I remember in school we did a play where we tried to enlighten people..

How much ever u try but its very hard to reform rural thinking.
Punjab has the lowest girl:boy ratio😑

what about all these Delhi socialites going for IVF  in hong kong or somewhere...πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

The rural ones i can understand... The lack of education,awareness  are the reasons... But these educated rich ones are the worst... Female foetacide and discrimination and skewed up sex ratios are much more higher in the higher strata and the richer states like Punjab..etc...

ok. as i'm not a multitasker, i'm out.

feeling the itch to read the freshest article posted.

brb  πŸ˜Š

Originally posted by Sheldon_Bazinga

Loved this ONE international video : Why Bother?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u83FnSssTEc[/YOUTUBE]

I know i love it too...i've seen this b4. the lil girl with big eyes and a ponytail is my fav😊
Rits: If we think that the condition of women in India is pathetic, one should just visit one of the African countries. It's unbelievable that how we, in the 21st century, still have people who are living like Neanderthals. But, I guess Africa is not glamorous enough for most celebs to take up it's cause. It's heart-breaking
Originally posted by Relda

Nikki: For me, that one year was "It was the worst of times, it was the best of times". A completely unreal, almost outer body experience. And well.. I also met my fiance during that time.. So, more like best of times ;)

Nice, you both worked in Peace Corps?

I have heard stories from people who are part of Doctors without Borders program and they are horrible, especially in Sudan during Darfur conflict.
Edited by Sheldon_Bazinga - 12 years ago
Originally posted by bamboocopter

thanks to you for that. you did clear the air  πŸ˜Š

Any time... I am glad i could be of help...

Since i have a little sorethroat and runny nose... Thats what Tuli was referring to...
Originally posted by Relda

But, I guess Africa is not glamorous enough for most celebs to take up it's cause. It's heart-breaking

I know George Clooney is a big advocate for  solving the Darfur crisis.

maddy did u delete any of my post? πŸ˜•
Nikki: Yes. We were both in Peace Corps.

Choco: This Shoaib bloke dissed everyone from Sachin to SRk and then went an planned a big inauguration for his book in Mumbai. What a numnut. No wonder they cancelled his ceremony. Sachin and SRk are like Gods, especially in Mumbai.
Originally posted by Sheldon_Bazinga

Really and who is he to talk about other people 🀒. Between do you know he said about them?
Here's the article Shelly! 🀣
Sachin Tendulkar was scared of me, says Shoaib Akhtar

Pakistan paceman Shoaib Akhtar reacts during a press conference in Colombo. The maverick paceman whose colourful career has been a heady mix of on-field brilliance and off-field controversy, will quit international cricket after the World Cup.
Former Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Akhtar -- the man who has bowled the fastest delivery in the game -- has just published his autobiography. The book, Controversially Yours, will sting like Akhtar's deliveries.

In the book, the temparamental Pakistan speedster has questioned the class and temperament of India's batting stalwarts Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, accusing Tendulkar of being scared to face his scorching pace on a slow Faisalabad track.

He also claimed that Tendulkar and Dravid were not match-winners nor did they know the art of finishing games.

"...Vivian Richards, Ricky Ponting, Brian Lara and the likes of them are great batsmen who dominated with the bat and were truly match-winners. Initially, when I bowled against Sachin, I found these qualities missing. He might have had more runs and records, he lacked the ability to finish the game," he said in the book, to be formally launched in New Delhi on Friday evening.

"We would have faced a humbling defeat in the series but for the fact that we reined in Sachin Tendulkar."

"What went in our favour was that Sachin was suffering from tennis elbow! This severely handicapped the great batsman. We managed to psychologically browbeat him.

"We bounced the ball at him and were able to unnerve him. I returned to the dressing room that first day with the knowledge that Sachin was not comfortable facing fast and rising ball. He was distinctly uncomfortable against me. That was enough to build on", he said.

"I bowled (Sachin) a particularly fast ball which he, to my amazement didn't even touch. He walked away! That was the first time, I saw him walk away from me-- that, too, on the slow track at Faisalabad. It got my hunting instincts up and in the next match I hit him on the head and he couldn't score after that", Akhtar wrote.

The 36-year-old Akhtar, who had scalped 178 wickets in 46 Test and 247 I wickets in 163 ODIs, said that Tendulkar and Dravid who have together conjured over 56,000 international runs (over 33,000 by Tendulkar and over 23,000 by Dravid) are not "match winners".

"I think players like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid weren't exactly match winners to start with, nor did they know the art of finishing the game," Shoaib said.

Akhtar who played for Shah Rukh Khan co-owned Kolkata Knight Riders during IPL has accused the Bollywood superstar and former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi of "cheating."

"Shahrukh and I talked about my not being happy with the money settled on me. Shahrukh and Modi got me to agree. I should have never listened to Modi and Shahrukh," he said in the book.

Akhtar also spoke at length about politics in Pakistan Cricket Board. He didn't shy away from taking a dig at two former captains Wasim Akram and Shoaib Malik.

He didn't stop short of calling Malik a "stoodge of PCB chairman Naseem Ashraf" and that's why he was made the captain.

In the book, Akhtar admits he tampered with the ball on many occasions -- a flagrant violation of the rules of the game. Akhtar bowled at 161.3 km/h once -- pace that is yet to be broken. Akhtar claims ball tampering is routine in cricket and "everyone" does it.

He also claims that he was cheated by Bollywood star and Kolkata Knight Riders owner Shah Rukh Khan and former chief of the IPL Lalit Modi.

He states, "Shahrukh and I talked about my not being happy with the money settled on me. Shahrukh and Modi got me to agree. I should have never listened to Modi and Shahrukh."

"This is the truth. Why must anyone fear speaking it?" Akhtar told a newspaper ahead of his book's release.

"I hope Pakistan cricket will be understood and respected. I hope people will feel the other side of me and understand why I am the way I am," he said.

🀣🀣
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago