Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

relentless. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
simply amazing! AR Rahman never fails to surprise with his soulful music and voice. Love the lyrics! So intriguing :)
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
THIS is good music! <3

thanks for the translation 2direct...

im guessing this song comes on when ranbir epic fails at life...so he has nothing else to comfort him apart from spirituality...and thts how he gets inspired to compose music maybe?? 

it fits in with wht the first trailer says...music comes from pain...

interestingly, thts the case with reheman too...considering hes had to go through immense struggle and loss in his childhood/teenage years...
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Liking the song, can't wait for it to be released ðŸ˜‰
Love it, absolutely love it. How soul stirring is this music!!! If not for anything else, I will watch the film just for the songs itself. Ranbir is succha treat to watch; such varied range of emotions he shows just in that promo itself. 
-Zarwulicious- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
sigh.. soulful..m soo lost ... =)
I feel like this song takes me to a different state of mind. It makes me feel so strange yet so soothing and comforting. Wow. I can't imagine how I'll feel when I watch this on the bigscreen. Brilliant and so pleasing to the ears. Wow. 

btw, I found an explanation of 'Kun Faya Kun'. I'm still confused though. 

Kun Fayakun Meaning (Context: Rockstar song)

If you Google for the meaning of Kun Fayakun, you would somewhere find the words 'Be! And it is' and probably the detail that it's from Arabic.

Well, the meaning, which is literal, has something to do with the creation of this world, as per the Holy Qur'an. Even though Qur'an at various places says that the Earth and Heaven were created in six days, the part that mentions Kun Fayakun goes something like 'When He decrees a thing, He says to it only: "Be!" And it is.'

And it seems that as per the holy book that is how this world was created, instantly, with the phrase Kun Fayakun.

Also the song says jab kahin pe kuch nahi bhi nahi tha, vahi tha vahi tha, that is, when there was not even nothing, He alone was there. 

Sam_dean4Eva thumbnail
Sucha beautiful song...and da video ----equally beautiful

Ranbir one word for you WOW! RAnbir and Rahman are creating magic!
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This song is waaay too beautiful
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

This song is BEAUTIFUL.

Rahman and sufi music. Nobody does it better.