Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

For love or hate, till barbs do us part

current thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hiya all,
Saw the episode today..And the Showdown was fabulous..Needless to say ..reminds me of the reason why I am still with this show..
It makes you forget the real and enjoy the reel life and that is the true success of any show..
So the Tom and jerry chase being over..the two finally have their say ..If one is a smoking tiger ..the other is a spitfire.both out to hurl barbs to draw blood..
So Arnav Singh has a headache called Khushi Kumari Gupta..whom he has to go to any lengths to get rid of ..i.e to talk to her he goes to have the whole house emptied and then throws this weakness of his on her face ..hating her and himself and the next taunt about her middle class background..is probably to make him feel much better..but every word is a taunt at himself as much as her..The job she is expected to do and which she has trespassed her boundaries on ..What boudaries when he himself is powerless when she crashes on him..he actually asks her how she is..
The reason he hates Khushi is not the person but the iron will to make him bend to tradition..to the very idea of marriage ..so abhorent to him .again ..one reason is the mysterious past which Iam now screaming for to be heard..
Khushi makes him look up and listen..and that too through his girl friend ..his loyal ally who turned against him...so Khushi Kunari
Gupta overstepped her limits but poor La is asked to do so..when he screams at her to show a
reaction..
Khushi is a wedding person..for richer ..for poorer..in sickeness and in health..the
institution is sacred..and not even Arnav Singh Raizada can make light of it and get away with it..
And so both of them are out to draw blood..he does it with the middle class mentality and
she does it with *Character Dheela*..A good thing that the the next thing to his Di...it is Khushi's tears
that break the red haze..and bring him back to earth..and he walks off..leaving Khushi to feel his
prints..on her arm...the prints of his madness teetering to show her how dheela the character was..For
this Khushi should be gratefull..all she got was the trailor..
He hates her for making him
listen.she hates him for his ASR ness..his arrogance...But this hate is enough to cause them to hurt
each other..to make the other feel..cause indfference would be unthinkable..

and all this comes back full circle..it is ok for him to hurt her..but lest a flame of hot wax
fall on her arm..blasphemy...he jumps and yanks her out of the danger and forgets La ..or let us say the priorites are clear...
all I say is...both are aware...of each other like a second skin..of each other's hearbeats..of each other's presence..and this weakness is in fact their strength..
so let the hate be there for the love to show..at least there is no indifference..

Edited by current - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikkiapril thumbnail
hey zainab good to read your post. love your posts. so well written all the time
Radhe1085 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello Zainab, great post I really loved it. Specially this part...
and all this comes back full circle..it is ok for him to hurt her..but lest a flame of hot wax fall on her arm..blasphemy...he jumps and yaks her out of the danger and forgets ..or let us say the priorites are clear...
all I say is...both are aware...of each other like a second skin..of each other's hearbeats..of each other's presence..and this weakness is in fact their strength..
so let the hate be there for the love to show..at least there is no indifference..
AquaBluez17 thumbnail
heyy zainab! well said yaar. today wuz a rele good ep! so much emotion! it wuz like a rollercoaster ride
-Leah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
🤣🤣..Oh Zain ..kaha thi tum??I thought you stopped watching the show..🤣...lucky you... less of laxmi and more of Arhi.Yeah man that was H.O.T.The sexual tension was almost out of control.🤣.Ok just give Barun an award and call it a day.😆.He nailed all the scenes..hit out of the park.Acting wise..was the best in this episode IMO.

Umm how many cornering scenes have we had until now?..only 3. 😔...shame on you CV's..they should give us more.🤣.I am sure if someone told Arnav that Khushi was responsible for the earth being round...he would beleive them.🤣 for everything is her fault...I think he needs to approach her without hinting that he may kill her 😆..coz she will just run away and I hate that.😒.

And Shyam you just bore the crap out of me..you are pretty much useless and dull.I have no use for you ,so just go away.🤢.

Sanaya and Barun own this show. Anjali and Arnav scenes I have always loved..they are always well directed and acted.

I would give the episode a 9 coz I loved almost all the scenes especially the babuji.😆.And what is up with the mom?.😕.She was the one who hated Shyam in the first place.Looks like the change in actor resulted in a loss of memory too.🤣.

Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: current

Hiya all,

Saw the episode today..And the Showdown was fabulous..Needless to say ..reminds me of the reason why I am still with this show..
It makes you forget the real and enjoy the reel life and that is the true success of any show..
So the Tom and jerry chase being over..the two finally have their say ..If one is a smoking tiger ..the other is a spitfire.both out to hurl barbs to draw blood..
So Arnav Singh has a headache called Khushi Kumari Gupta..whom he has to go to any lengths to get rid of ..i.e to talk to her he goes to have the whole house emptied and then throws this weakness of his on her face ..hating her and himself and the next taunt about her middle class background..is probably to make him feel much better..but every word is a taunt at himself as much as her..The job she is expected to do and which she has trespassed her boundaries on ..What boudaries when he himself is powerless when she crashes on him..he actually asks her how she is..
The reason he hates Khushi is not the person but the iron will to make him bend to tradition..to the very idea of marriage ..so abhorent to him .again ..one reason is the mysterious past which Iam now screaming for to be heard..
Khushi makes him look up and listen..and that too through his girl friend ..his loyal ally who turned against him...so Khushi Kunari
Gupta overstepped her limits but poor La is asked to do so..when he screams at her to show a
reaction..
Khushi is a wedding person..for richer ..for poorer..in sickeness and in health..the
institution is sacred..and not even Arnav Singh Raizada can make light of it and get away with it..
And so both of them are out to draw blood..he does it with the middle class mentality and
she does it with *Character Dheela*..A good thing that the the next thing to his Di...it is Khushi's tears
that break the red haze..and bring him back to earth..and he walks off..leaving Khushi to feel his
prints..on her arm...the prints of his madness teetering to show her how dheela the character was..For
this Khushi should be gratefull..all she got was the trailor..
He hates her for making him
listen.she hates him for his ASR ness..his arrogance...But this hate is enough to cause them to hurt
each other..to make the other feel..cause indfference would be unthinkable..

and all this comes back full circle..it is ok for him to hurt her..but lest a flame of hot wax
fall on her arm..blasphemy...he jumps and yanks her out of the danger and forgets La ..or let us say the priorites are clear...

Lovely post again Zainab. Loved the part in blue especially.
mitthoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Excellent post 👏  Zainu..

everytime I read your posts.. I wish I had paid more attention to spell check and grammer etc on mine.. You continue to inspire me with your flawless writing and analysis.

will come back later for comments on today's episode..

initial thoughts.. ASR flawless and spot on as usual (I still wish they hire me as his wardrobe selector... I can do zillion times better job than whoever is in charge is doing!!.. Ek chance to do mujhe.. woh bhi free mein karoongi )

Khushi was so so.. for some reason..I think Sanaya hasn't been as good as she used to be in the first 5/6 weeks of show.. Something is missing somewhere.. can't put my finger on it.. Soch ke batati hoon...She was given good material, screenplay and direction today.. (ducking to avoid chappals from Sanaya's fans)... I didn't feel her confusion..feelings etc.. She should take tips from Barun,.who has internalized ASR..  Teen Naam Waala Rakshas FTW !!!..

rest later...
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hi Zainab!!!!!

Ok ok ok - let me start by recalling the absolutely electric entrapment.  I don't think I remember breathing.  And the way ASR just put his arms across both sides of her and looked straight out the window - that look, holy sh*t, what a steamy look.  His face read 'no, I don't think so, not this time'.

To tell you the truth I didn't the think conversation was that great.  We've seen it - here's the recap - how could you KKG, KKG looks everywhere but at him, you are so middle class, ASR you act like a rakshas..runs away.

But today - he caught her and finally said - who told you I was done.  Hot diggety dog!!!  And that I'll show you what character dheela means and Khushi saying that's not what she meant was FABULOUS!!  I am not one for physical violence against women - so that part of the arm twisting was OTT - but I suppose the CV's are running out of ways to make Khushi cry when those two are alone.  (I suggest onions - Raizada is okay with onions right, onda no no, onions ok).

Can I just talk about the ending here and your point - 
.one reason is the mysterious past which Iam now screaming for to be heard..

I am right with you screaming!!!  I want to know what is the wound that has not healed.  What is it that drove this man's heart into Antarctica.  Was he the 'aukat' thrown out of Sheesh Mahal?  Was he the one with the wrong clothes and the wrong accent?  Why does he associate rishtas of the heart with pain (this is why he has to keep Khushi at armslength)?

I am on the edge with anticipation because it seems it will be unveiled.  Barun's portrayal of an ASR that cannot deal with the vulnerability of this moment was stellar.  I just wanted to go in and give the man a hug (ok, I do that everyday, but today, for his comfort, not for my own gutteral impulse).

Nice post as always.
Edited by momma1128 - 12 years ago
-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Zainu!

haila good to see you back..

now i felt today's epi was one of the best or probably the best...

Now what this bodes is the War and Peace

first he hurts her and then saves her...

and i saw a post by Opti and her symbolism..it was enlightening...

now coming to why he has to give an earful and how she gives it right back

They seems to be following the maxim keep your friends close and enemies closer...

One trait i found in arnav today..he lies... he says he cant stand her... the sight of her only tolerates her for the sake of his sister..and what happened to that feeling of her having left delhi forever??

kameena!!

khud se jhoot aur Khushi se bhi jhoot!!

chalo chaddo!

She is one fighter... though how can she fight him physically..eh? poor things..he does leave his marks on her na!! physically and mentally has started

she could help look at him while holding that candle the lure of him was too much..is Khushi changing..realising more about her feelings?

Is she able to decipher what his eyes tell her but his lips lie?

is she going to be able to see through to the real Arnav like Anjali??

i think..that is very very near!!

Edited by -RushTrip- - 12 years ago
desigirl_18 thumbnail
Always look forward to reading ur posts Zainab!! very well written!! and man it was indeed an awesome epi with some brilliant ArHi scenes!