"I'm not one to look back at life"(PG 11 UPDATE) - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
I think kareena is way too influenced by saif. Before saif she would never name any hollywood movies. She use to say she loves watching old bollywood movies. And she use to say her favorite actor was Lenardo Dicaprio and saif's fav actor is Jonny depp and guess what she says her fav actor is now. I don't like it when girls get influenced so much by their boyfriend. Please bebo stay true to yourself. 

I think she still likes watching bollywood movies the problem is because saif likes hollywood films she just watches what he likes to make him happy. But saif needs to watch what she likes with her too. 

OMG I just read the full interview...and it was a good one. That's rare to say when it's kareena's interview. I found her to be smart, funny, cute and honest in this interview. 

And why blame her if she is loosing interest in today's bollywood films. IF we criticize it and loose interest ourself...why blame bebo. Just because she is an actress. I don't think that's fair. It's her job...am sure most of us wouldn't quit bollywood if we were actors even if we loose interest in bollywood films. 
Edited by beboholic - 12 years ago
It's not blaming her for not watching crappy cinema.  

Saif especially goes on about how it's Indian cinema, and Bollywood is a put down (which it is, really--I refuse to call classic films from the 50s and 60s Bollywood, the term was coined later and in a negative way.)

So the least you could do is try to watch Indian films outside your immediate Bollywood circle if those BW films don't cater to you.  Contrary to popular belief, India does produce a number of good films which get recognition at Film Festivals.  They're just not mainstream Bollywood.

So when they specifically mention Hollywood films (though they say English films), but at the same time moan about how Hindi films or broadly say Indian films don't have all these different scripts...Kareena and Revolutionary Road... it shows how limited their watchings actually are.

I have no issues with watching Hollywood films, but they talk out of the both side of their mouths.   Also, a person that's truly knowledgeable about Cinema would have other non-Hollywood films on their list as well.  Some of the best films don't come from Hollywood. They are either Independent films or Foreign films.

Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago
And I forgot to add, Kareena woes the lack of good scripts and wonders 'why we can't do somthing like Revolutionary Road' yet turns down Sudhir Mishra who was after her like crazy for Dhruv.

I think Saif too recently said something about not wanting to do smaller projects, but wanting to do the big banner stuff.  Big Banner stuff...Race 2. Yeah.

And to be fair there are others who love brushing all Indian cinema with a broad brush, especially when speaking to the foreign media.  

And then there are those who don't.  I'm not not going to name names either way.

Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago
I thought all the Kareena related stuff was going to that " Articles thread" by Smartie...🤔
now we are going to have at least 50 pages discussion on one intv of hers which is full of W*F statements...🥱

^^ But no one reads those W*F statements in the Interview thread. 😆(Though maybe that's the point.)
^^ whatever it is...but trust me it is really annoying to see an article or a video or a pic or whatever on kareena every freaking time you log in to bolly section...

and its not like anything new is going to come out of her interviews...its the same old boring stuff... Me, Myself, 3 khans want me," I am the best , better than the rest " bhajan, saif and me are the hottest couple, blah blah and blah...🥱
Edited by lovedkruti - 12 years ago
^ can you explain what do u mean. I dont get it. 
Originally posted by respect123

Oh God! Stop torturing us with her articles please.

There is a very easy and convenient solution to your rather dramatic predicament.
Dont enter topics that are about Kareena. *gasps*
So simple...so simple yet not.
@beboholic : I dont think you will really understand what I tried to convey there as you are a bebo fan...its not like I wholeheartedly hate or something...its just that it is annoying to see her articles on the front page everytime you come on the section and morever smartie_pants did make a thread about her articles and related stuff so I dont know why do we have a separate thread again for her new article...😕 Edited by lovedkruti - 12 years ago
Only half the people were posting it there and some were posting it outside.
And what's the point to post it into that combined topic, no one bothers reading it. Defeats the purpose.

I think it makes the person who posts the topic feel bad when people say things like that. I mean, unless I'm breaking some kind of rule, I dont see why I should get criticized for posting her interview?

It was really nice of Smarie ot try and compile her articles there for a bit, but now that the section's cooled down, and I didnt see any other kareena articles, I thought it was ok to post it.