Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Mausam Reviews !!!! (Page 47)

-MakhanMalaai- IF-Stunnerz
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eraser

Originally posted by Pulwasha

IF Taran Adarsh gave it 2 stars he know it wont work alot.. he gives stars according to how well the movie is going to work.. all his high stars movies have done amazingg business.. hence this..

OHH GOD..im going on Sunday.. Tally HO.. will i cry in theatres?? i cry almost in every movie.. but i wanna know if its sad??

Well, then what happened to Buddah Hoga Tera Baap? He gave it 4 stars I think  LOL

Buddah hoga tera baap was not a flop..it was an average moviee.. recovered its cost over the weekend

zainab25 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 1:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zainab25

^ no choco, I will have to disagree there.  There was always a lot of buzz around Mausam, even the aam junta seemed excited after the promos, music launch and all. I am seriously wondering what's wrong for even the first day to be slow. Ready, Dabangg, and films like those need a diff scale to measured (lol), but this yr a lot of films have done well which many thought wouldn't. I don't know...I am disappointed after all. 

The movie costs 70 crores and if it continues like this, I am thinking it may be flop. 

oyeee why are u dissapointed.. go with 0 expectations.. u will end up liking it..LOLthats wat im gonna be doing.. aur agar yeh achi nahi to kya huaa.. agle hafte phir jaaongi.. Breakaway and force dekhne.. ha ha
naadanmasakalli IF-Achieverz
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged
U guyes r believing BOI  they manipulate Big time if a films gets good reviews their Openings go oh emm gee so big and awesome and than they keep fluctuating their collections

happened with aisha one day it was more the other day they were less than their were more positive reviews went up again  they fluctuate with the reviews 

It hurts me like hell to say this but this one will suffer big time caz their budget is way tooo Big 70 crores ain't easy to recover  thanks to all the natural and other disasters that kept coming on their sets increasing the cost more and more thy did had to rebuilt few sets too caz sonam got sick so they had to delay the scehdules and destroy the earlier ones 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

zainab25 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 1:17am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
naadanmasakalli IF-Achieverz
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 1:17am | IP Logged

^ no choco, I will have to disagree there.  There was always a lot of buzz around Mausam, even the aam junta seemed excited after the promos, music launch and all. I am seriously wondering what's wrong for even the first day to be slow. Ready, Dabangg, and films like those need a diff scale to measured (lol), but this yr a lot of films have done well which many thought wouldn't. I don't know...I am disappointed after all. 

The movie costs 70 crores and if it continues like this, I am thinking it may be flop. 

unfortunately they had sallu bhaiya Wink
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 1:25am | IP Logged

ahahaah Force!!!!!!! OH EM GEE! Yea, meh, who cares. I will just go watch it anyway. Whatev. lol. Mera kya jaata agar hit hai ya flop hai. Yeh nahi toh koi aur sahi. There are many fishes in the sea. LOL

u dont wanna watch Force or u wanna watch it?? that reaction is dicey LOLi wanna watch it cuz i know how beautiful the orignal was.. i wanna see how they have turned this out.. Nishikanth Kamat aint a bad director.. lets see..Tongue 

hainaa bass dee taali..LOL 

ohh and was this movie really jinxed ?? tsk tsk
DB_reloaded IF-Addictz
DB_reloaded
DB_reloaded

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Mausam Movie Review

September 23, 2011 12:05:38 PM IST
By Martin D'Souza, Glamsham Editorial
Send to Friend

view more MAUSAM videos
Creativity sometimes borders on insanity. In the sense, that when an artist ventures to paint his canvass he has to know when to stop. That's what you call brilliance in a genius. If an artist continues to go beyond that moment when he has failed to establish that his art is complete and he has done enough, is when he moves into self-indulgent zone. A dangerous place to be in. A creative person has to stop, step back, disconnect himself from his work and look at it dispassionately. It's one thing to fall in love with your work; another to keep caressing it over and over again.

This is exactly what first-time director and award winning actor Pankaj Kapoor has done. He has committed the cardinal sin of not knowing when to stop. Also, I feel, he has tried to mix in too many turbulent elements of the past, intersperse them and in the process has ended up burning his fingers. Kapoor has linked events of Operation Blue Star, trouble in the Kashmir Valley, Ayodhya and the bringing down of the Babri Masjid, Bombay Bomb Blasts, Twin Tower strike in New York and Godhra in Ahmedabad. Through these events he links a love story that stands the test of time.

Both central characters Sq. Leader Harrinder Singh, aka Harry (Shahid Kapoor) and Aayat (Sonam Kapoor) have scarred pasts. While Harry's past is linked to Blue Star, Aayat has nightmares of Kashmir. Both meet in Mullakot, a sleepy village in Punjab where Harry is the most popular boy. He has a silent admirer in Rajjo, his padosan played by Aditi Sharma. That girl is fida over Harry, but Harry will only settle for a special someone. When Aayat comes to stay in his village, his heart goes dhak dhak. 

view MAUSAM stiils
view MAUSAM stiils
Overnight, Aayat has to move home and Harry is devastated. They meet again seven years later in Scotland. Harry is on training, on an exchange programme through the Indian Air Force. They still love each other and it blossoms from here on. There are obstacles galore thrown in their path and the lovers are separated again. Will they ever meet?

Director Kapoor begins brilliantly. He captures the characters within the first reel that will establish and unravel the plot later on. The village scenes in Punjab are earthy. The styling and screenplay is perfect. So are the mood, lighting, camera angles and background score.

The whole feel of the canvass is exciting. But when the plot goes into a subplot is when you begin to dread the obvious. The movie drags and this is sad because it had the potential to be a blockbuster.

Shahid Kapoor being directed by his father is having the time of his life. As the young, care-free Harry who also basks in Rajjo's obvious interest in him, he is brilliant. The scenes where he tries to woo Aayat too stand out. As an officer in the Indian Air Force he plays his part well. As one who has lost his love he is forceful.

Sonam unfortunately is getting stuck in a rut. She needs a role that will break the shackles of 'the shy girl falling in love' over and over again. She has talent but this role does no justice to her. In fact, it is Aditi Sharma (Rajjo), who your heart reaches out to as the girl still in love with Harry even after being married. She transfers her emotions onto the viewer beautifully.

Like an overcooked dish, MAUSAM, towards the end leaves a soggy taste in your mouth. Sad. Because as a director, Pankaj Kapoor has shown his class. It's just that he was playing with too many ideas in one go. Give him time and he will be one of our best.

Rating - 2/5 

Go to top