Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
JustMaguire Sri 
An epic feel - stellar performance by sk and a story magically told. Loved it for th depth and the magic! Must watch
vssaras thumbnail
Vaishali_91 Vaishali R 

So watch #mausam to fall in love with shahid but othr thn tht it was jus blee though not predictable but ws expecting mre frm the storyline

The next thing is the movie was a hotch potch!...tooo many ideas and too much time travel...by the end it felt like a drag:( #mausam

Okie so just saw #mausam and the first thing that comes to my head is @shahidkapoor ... Just sooo mesmerizing ?
Edited by vssaras - 12 years ago
vssaras thumbnail
Rusty_16 Bilal 

@sonamakapoor Mausam was too good. You were fantastic in it. Loved the movie.

@shahidkapoor Just came back after watching the movie..It was fabulous. Simply loved it.
vssaras thumbnail

shiekhspear Mushtaq Shiekh 
Mausam:Love Saga!Languid pace yet pure!@shahidkapoor &@SonamAkapoor do a class act! If u have time for love then this movie is for u! 3 1/2 stars
vssaras thumbnail
poonammanglani Poonam Manglani 
@shahidkapoor @Shahid_Online @sonamakapoor speechless!!!! Found love today...and refound it and then found it again <3
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: vssaras

Let me just say that when you end a film with a shot of Shahid, Sonam, a newly-orphaned kid and a white horse walking amongst the rubble of riot-infested Ahmedabad into the sunrise, this love story is truly beyond romance and corn. You have then entered a new level of metaphorical oblivion, where nobody but the filmmakers may understand the significance of the happenings on screen.

- Reel Reptile

ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† I like this part.
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Mausam Movie Review: Mau-somewhat Awesome

Mausam: Shahid and Sonam waltz

Mausam is the kind of movie that has everything: superlative performances, beautiful cinematography, fantastic direction, great background score and an interesting story. However, it falls short in one area – the plot. And that's what turns what could have been an outstanding movie into one that's simply good, with a few moments that really shine. 

The film is about a Punjabi boy (Harry) and a Kashmiri girl (Aayat), whose story is a series of meetings and separations that occur in context of real-life events – such as the 9/11 attacks and the Gujarat riots.

Mausam: Innocent love at its best

The first half of the movie showcases an old-world charm that makes you yearn for that time when things were so much simpler – I fell in love with the Punjab we saw through Pankaj Kapur's eyes. The teenage antics, stolen glances and sweet smiles make for some very lovely scenes that portray innocent love at its best. In fact, that's the best part of Mausam - it revives that concept of innocent love which has been lost throughout the series of rom-coms we've had lately. You will love the first proper exchange shared by the main characters – it's soft, beautiful, and has an absolutely amazing background song to go along with it (which wasn't on the album, unfortunately).

Mausam: Second half loses focus

However, in the second half, the plot loses focus easily, making the film too long-winded. Pankaj Kapur should have left out some sub-plots from his script, because it just made the movie cumbersome and long. The final 15 minutes of the film were the worst, in my opinion; those scenes were unnecessary, way too cliche, and definitely should have been left out. That was my major gripe; ending aside, I quite liked the film.

Mausam: Amazing chemistry between the lead pair

Shahid Kapoor is phenomenal in Mausam. He plays the mischievous teenager so naturally, and easily transitions into the mature Air Force officer. His best performance by far – even surpassing that of Jab We Met. I believe it is also Sonam Kapoor's best work; she looks perfect for the part of Aayat and has excelled in both her quiet scenes and her highly dramatic ones. Oh, and she is absolutely gorgeous in this film. Plus, the chemistry between these two is absolutely stunning – they look amazing together and it's such a nice, fresh pairing that you sit up and take notice.

Mausam: Lovely cinematography

Pankaj Kapur's direction is fabulous – he executes his scenes really, really well, and the beautiful cinematography just added to that. I'm mightily impressed with Pankaj Kapur the director and dialogue-writer, but not so much with Pankaj Kapur the scriptwriter.

In short: Watch – especially on the big screen. Recommended for the stellar performances, technical elements and those moments of brilliance; but beware, it can get a bit too long and dramatic.

vssaras thumbnail
siddhuS94sid ???????????a??? 

Mausam is one of the best-looking films

mausam movie review is damm postive and @shahidkapoor scores big according to news omg cant wait to see this movie,,
vssaras thumbnail

RheaKapoor Rhea Kapoor 
Just saw mausam, so so proud of @sonamakapoor, she was so good!!! And the movie is epic. And very romantic. :)
vssaras thumbnail
manishalakhe manishalakhe 

@gaurivij sonam is limpid, bearded shahid is sexy, the movie starts brilliantly but simply falls off a cliff at the end. but what love!

Everyone should have at least one love as in #Mausam so they can live the rest of their lives with pot bellied guys who are rich and famous

@NeilSanghavi yes! the romance starts brilliantly and gets horrible at the end. but sonamkapoor is divine and shahid sexy in his beard.

love the rain scene between Shahid and Sonam. jawaab do, zinda rahein ki mar jaayein... #Mausam

if you are a romantic at heart, then i hope you haven't seen Mighty Joe Young. If you have, don't see #Mausam hahahahahahahahaha!

@taprichai for the romance, yes. For what happens to the story...no.

@rmanish1 dekho, it's different. but towards the end you want to kill everyone...

@suku06 yesss, i am still sighing. that sonam kapoor is just stunning! and shahid is not bad at all...