Posted: 12 years ago
I loved the movie. And honestly speaking Shahid & Soonam have an awesome chemistry. Shahid was great & even Soonam did act really well, this is her best. Only thing is I feel the movie was dragged too much. But overall it was a beautiful movie😛
Saw Mausam...in the middle of nowhere in some theater in the US...with 10 people on a Sat afternoon...there were two Americans in the theater (who btw did not like the movie haha)

I love the thought that went behind creating Mausam...there were wonderful scenes and shots...beautiful moments...but together they didn't make up a beautiful movie unfortunately. I think the movie could have redeemed itself IF the ending was better...seriously everyone laughed in the theater when the horse was still around! The ending was supposed to hit you hard...the ending needed to tie up the beginning of the movie...it was just begging for a better ending...the movie deserved better really!

As for acting...Sonam was fantastic. I went with people who are no fans of Sonam and they all thought she was fabulous. The girl is here to stay and she will grow better and better with experience...she is an actress who gets it right with her characters- whether it is crazy Sakina, spunky Bittu, romantic Simran, spoilt brat Aisha or the girl with a dark past Aayat. From her body language to her expressions to her tone...just saying since too many people are still blind :P (TY was an exception and everyone has those in their careers...a genre that is misfit to one's style...I think if she learns how to exaggerate her expressions a little she can do masala movies!!)

Shahid was also very good and I think everyone agrees and I don't need to explain hopefully! LOL!

Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago
what i liked about sonam in the movie was that she went from this extremely shy girl to a women who became more open. I really liked that transition. She played the part really well. I liked how she maintained her innocence throughout

but i wish Harry's transition was better. He went from this fun loving harry to a serious man. I mean i understand his character was suppose to be serious but i wish he kept some of his charm. Harry in the beginning was so lovable and relatable. But later on he acted like a robot.

I read in one of shahids articles that his father gave him advise not to show so much emotion bc "less says more". This worked against him, i feel. 

Ending sucked. They invested so much time into making this movie, i wish they would have spent more time editing.

punjab scenes were amazing.
The movie was nice, but could have been so much better IF sonam and shahid's character would randomely STOP meeting and IF there was a real conflict against their LOVE instead of locations.

I wish Pankaj Sir had kept this movie simple. A simple love story would have been enough with these two's chemistry.

There were too many unrequired scenes. But the good ones were really good, they blew me away. I didn't like how Sonam kept moving countries, and Shahid would go look for her and she wasn't there.
The first few times were okay but then later it was getting annoying.

I'm really upset because there was HUGEE potential but that doesn't mean mausam was a bad movie. It was too long and some portions needed to be edited out.
But the movie's main strength was that it was a love story at heart, and that part was beauuutiful, the little scenes sonam-shahid had were to die for.

Someone needs to sign these two for another movie. Love story specifically please :]

Bakvas ...its a flop movie ...
Mausam was expected to open slow at the box office and it has. On Friday morning, the Shahid Kapoor starrer, opened to 40% collections all over India and while business did pick up for the noon and evening shows, the response from the audience is mixed.

The critic reviews have been average too with Pankaj Kapur's directorial debut scoring 49 out of 100 on our Mausam Review page (out of the 12 reviews that we have received so far).

Mausam is expected to fare well over the weekend, but the mixed word-of-mouth remains a concern. The weekend total is likely to be in the 15 – 17 crore range.