Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Mausam Nets Rs. 29 Crore In Week 1 At Box-Office

October 1st, 2011 by Komal Nahta

Mausam suffered on account of its unduly slow pace and its undue length. After a weekend all-India total net collection of around Rs. 20.5 to 21 crore, collections nosedived so that the first week ended at barely Rs. 28 to 29 crore. With a number of new releases this week and several more scheduled for next week, the debut directorial venture of Pankaj Kapur can't hope to salvage itself. It is bound to entail losses to the parties concerned.

Speedy Singhs did not score at the ticket windows in the first week – neither the original English version nor its dubbed Hindi version. Except for some areas of East Punjab and Delhi, where its title helped get some patronage for the film, it could do precious little at the box-office.

Johnny English Reborn (dubbed) fared poorly at the turnstiles in its first week. Johnny English Reborn(English) also fared poorly in the first week.

Rivaaz fared as miserably in 2nd week as on its first day.  Jaana Pehchana has tanked at the solo cinema it opened two weeks back – Liberty, Bombay.

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan is reaping the benefit of weak releases. In its third week, it managed to add Rs. 4 crore to its all-India kitty thereby taking its 3-week total to Rs. 58-59 crore!

Bodyguard is now on its way out after an extraordinary quick inning. It will touch the Rs. 150 crore mark in India.

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Awwh :( It hasn't even recovered it's cost yet? So..flop? :\
Sadia.khan thumbnail
Top 5: 'Mausam' crashes on weekdays
- By Taran Adarsh, September 30, 2011 - 16:28 IST
RankFilmProducerVerdictLast Week
1MausamSunil Lulla, Sheetal Vinod TalwarHas collected approx Rs 28 cr to Rs 29 cr nett in Week 1. The film crashed on weekdays, sliding drastically from Monday onwardsNew
2Mere Brother Ki DulhanAditya ChopraCollected Rs 4.09 cr in Week 3. Total so far: Rs 58.7 cr nett. Hit1
3BodyguardAlvira Agnihotri, Atul Agnihotri, Reliance EntertainmentCollected Rs 1.78 cr in Week 4. Total so far: Rs 148.86 cr nett. All Time Blockbuster2

by taran adarsh, that ...😡
Edited by Saddiakhan - 12 years ago
Priwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
just Watched the moviee.
Honestly it wasn't that bad. 2 stars was way too low. it deserved more.

Anyway, i loved the movie expecially the character harry. so cute! the movie was all shahid's. he was Great! Sonam was good as aayat. improving slowly. btw shahid and sonam have amazing chemistry, Sonam's the only actress that actually looked good with shahid besides amrita and kareena.

Pankaj Kapur showed the movie across beautifully. As his first film, He was very goood.

everyone else was good too. acted amazingly!

it was a tad bit longer but i didnt even notice that. The editing could have been better but shahid outshown the flaws. i thought he was greatt.
reminds thankgod i didnt go with the reviews, i was gonna skip it. I actually liked it. dont mind watching it again either.

Overall, it had flaws but it definetly impressed me. how it was shot and how beautifully they actually showed harry and Aayat made this film watchable and obviously enjoyable.

My rating: 3.5/4 out of 5- Im being a bit biased but o'well. 😆
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Mausam. I thought the trailers were nice but i didn't expect it to be SO SO SOOO AMAZING! My fam & I LOVEDDD IT. Yes it was  long but I dnt mind long movies as long as  the story development & characters development are great like in this one. The movies these days are so short they lack depth somewhere & they end right before you can even get into it. So im glad mausam is lengthy because i couldn't get enough of it =)

Shahid was excellent as usual. But here is the moment that i have ALWAYS look forward to claim...SONAM ACTED & SHE ACTED BEAUTIFULLY! I've waited for the day when i wouldn't be critisizing her acting abilities & today's the day =P Damn  this girl improved so  much...her best film SO FAR!

Critics are wayyy too harsh on mausam...everybody i know & I adored this movie. This is the ideal movie that people will be watching countless times & fangirl over it now & in future like DDLJ, Vivah (even though I m not a fan of these 2 movies lol).

Don't listen to the critics & WATCH IT! I guess the critics are really used to the BS movies these days so they don't like a good movie. It's such a break from all the flying, noisy action...this movie has REAL-LIFE action that real people fight in our world =) MUST WATCH. 3 cheers for shahid, sonam, & pankaj kapoor.

5/5
XshopaholicX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
so has it officially been declared as flop?
Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail
its a awsome movie. i dont know why people dint enjoy it. for me it was 4/5 stars. hopefully its not a flop. I also dont think so it is
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: farzana.faria

so has it officially been declared as flop?

nt yet bt goin da wrong way...dis weekend ill tell everythin...but derez litttle chance of recovering the costs...which already excluded shahids remuneration. S actually shahid is getting nuthin out of this movie... 
WildestDreams thumbnail
I loved Mausam...Sonam acted beautifully and Shasha was damn good...Everything is perfect...I didn't even realised it was long as critics reported LOL...Great movie..
lilly_star thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
If anyone thinks that Shahid is no superstar then yeah right, he is not. I agree with people that he has a few hit movies like Ishq Vishq, Jab We Met, Kaminey, Kismat Konnection. Most of the movies he has worked in flopped. But even after then big producers want to work with him. Why? That is maybe because he can act and has the potential.

Check the earlier movies of Salman Khan, he has tons of flop movies in his earlier days when he was young. And look what he is today. Even his so much discussed movie "Veer" boomed in the box office. So what? Did he give up? We know the answer. That's why after 40+ he's able to make himself a superstar.

Shahid Kapoor is too young comparing to Salman Khan, so he has still a long way to go. This is not the end, if Shahid has really the thirst to prove himself he will not give up. He still has a big opportunity to make himself a superstar.

Remember, there is no gain without pain. 😊