Posted: 12 years ago
Mausam Goes Down on The Weekdays

Friday 30th September 2011 08.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Mausam went downhill on the weekdays and kept on dropping heavily each day. The film grossed 28 crore nett after a 20.75 crore nett weekend.

The fall was universal as all circuits crashed, even the North which saw the ebst weekend collections.

The weekday trending suggests that even a 35 crore nett lifetime total is looking a tough task for Mausam as it has a lost of screen space in week two.

Basically it is the third disappointment from all the major releases since July. The other two being Bbuddah Hoga Terra Baap and Aarakshan

Originally posted by lilly_star

Please you better tell your own review.πŸ˜† And how could even you tell without watching the movie that it's not worth a watch?πŸ€” I can smell something fishy fish.πŸ˜†

My dear.If you CAN read...and interpret the sentence CLEARLY..(its not too much hard work,but it might be..for Shahid baba's pujarisπŸ˜†)...i've clearly stated the opinion of MY FRIENDS WHO HAVE SEEN IT.(because i'm not wasting my hard earned pocket money on a Shahid film anywayπŸ˜†).

Geez.Fans like you make people lose respect for Shahid all the more.Not everyone has to praise him,you know.

Try to be objective.
Geez...so much drama for Mausam. Well, I think if it wasn't for the delay, there wouldn't be so much hype for the movie. And maybe, just maybe, people would've liked it a little more despite the length of the movie. 

And so what if people didn't like the movie? There ARE people who liked the movie too. Mixed review for Pankaj Kapur's directional debut isn't so bad. He'll make better movies next time. 
So...can shahid fans pls stop being embarrassing. Besides Shahid already said screw them. And it's not like this is the first time his movie has gone wrong. 

Shahid's talented, sure but his movie choices are clearly bad. As bad as Akki's. πŸ˜†  I'm sure he's moved on now & shooting for his next movie.

P.S. I'm not sure if I make sense.

My thoughts...😊

Even though the film Mausam may not turn out to be a BO success..its effect will be long lasting & positive.. 

Mausam will not be a loss for anyone involved...looks like Eros will manage to make some profits..

Shahid has got the chance to portray that he is an all-round complete actor and can excel in any form..be it comedy/tragedy/action/super hero...even madness..πŸ˜› ...he is an actor which no producer will hesitate investing on..for he is without flaw.. πŸ˜³

Sonam has acted better that her previous roles..so this is a step up for her too.. πŸ˜Š

Pankaj also would gain..because everyone realizes that his vision is unique & beautiful..many are unable to get the film out of their minds..😊

Edited by vssaras - 12 years ago

Just watched Mausam. It wasn't as bad as ppl said. it was very well directed and portrayed. Yes, it was long and captured a lot of difference incidents happened in real life between 1999 till late 2000. 

Loved Shahid Kapoor's acting. Even Sonam was really good. She wasn't given a lot of dialogue but still acted really well. I think after Saawariya, that's the movie I liked her in the most. 

Saj Dhaj Ke was of course the best part of the movie. 
I saw Mausam last night :)

I has high expectations and was a bit sad with all the not-so-good reviews but I gave it a try!

Generally it was a very sweet, romantic film..very enjoyable :) The film was shot beautifully! What lovely locations and scenery!

Performances:
Shahid was AWESOME! <3 This guy is so underrated...he doesnt get offerred such roles where he can truly display his acting chops. He was so good in this film! He looked so hot and performed really well! I hope he gets nominated for Best Actor :D

Sonam was great too! I am so happy she is improving! She actually didn't ahve much to say, so her dialogue delivery was fine, hehe. She looked STUNNING in the movie...the innocence in her face.. <3 I don't think it was a career changing role or something but she was good :)

Music was fab! Shahid rocked in Saj Dhaj Ke <3 Rabba is a treat..

A minus point- The film had too many natural disasters and tragedies...somewhat dampened the mood...Also the pair coming together and getting seperated was predictable after a point...the film is based on the memories they had with each other!

Anyways, I think it was a nice film  3/5 πŸ‘πŸΌ
Just watched the movie.

Nd i have no words to describe how good Shahid looked nd acted. Im still in that dreamland 😍 Haayyeee, i never imagined he could look SO handsome in the air force uniform <3

I went to the movie with very less expectations, after what i read here nd there about the movie. Nd now i somewhat understand why such reviews came about :|

I really liked their love story, nd how they waited for each till the very end, but yes, the movie was very dragged. Anupam kher's character was just 😳  Sonam has improved alot nd her effort can be seen in the movie.

However, the editing was baaad :/ The change of scenes was so abrupt. But nevertheless, Shahid in this movie is a MUST watch :D

Rating: 2.5/5 =)
Edited by -Hoor- - 12 years ago
So what's the boxoffice status for Mausam? Flop? Average? Above average?...
According to Boxofficeindia, it's a flop. 
Yeeey thanks guys for liking my review πŸ˜†