Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Its a snooze fest. Pankaj Kapoor trying to do a Casablanca and failing miserably. SK looks like a kid trying to look cool in a pilots uniform with his little moustache. I was pro movie before I watched it. It really is terrible.
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Okay, so it wasn't as bad as the critics are claiming. It's no epic fest or classic tale, but definitely not the trash that everyone's tagging it to be. I liked it for 1) Shahid, 2) songs, 3) decent storyline. 

It has some brilliant moments which lift the film in it's entirety to a certain level. Had it not been for this moments, I'd have slammed it has a minus too. The main problem is that the film is very disconnected, it has no flow. Pankaj Kapur probably thought of the concept as 4 different phases. Had he thought of it as one single whole then perhaps the screenplay would have been different. Anyway, I liked it, like some reviewer put it before me, for what it tried to achieve rather than what it actually achieved.

Shahid was brilliant, no two opinions about it. Not his best performance though, which will forever be Kaminey for me (that's probably because that film has a special place in my heart) but he single-handedly kept the film afloat. 

Overall, a likable film if you walk in low expectations. 3/5 :)
mazzay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I watched mausam yday. Have to say a nice break from all the mindless comedies! It was such a sweet love story. I have to admit it is a little slow and I would have perferred if Harri and ayat confessed and spent a few cute moments in the village because for me that was the best part of the movie. Loved how shahid despite being such a strong air force officer was soo sensitive about ayat! It really made my heart melt. I loved the film. It is now my fav movie of 2011. I really wish bollywood start making these kind of love stories. Shahid and Sonam look extremely cute together!

Gutted because i believe most of the cute scenes were probably deleted, like the one on the poster where sonam is wearing shahids coat and he is holding her hand. All the way I was waiting for it to come up but sadly it didnt. Flashback were very cute!
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: heroin.

Okay, so it wasn't as bad as the critics are claiming. It's no epic fest or classic tale, but definitely not the trash that everyone's tagging it to be. I liked it for 1) Shahid, 2) songs, 3) decent storyline. 

It has some brilliant moments which lift the film in it's entirety to a certain level. Had it not been for this moments, I'd have slammed it has a minus too. The main problem is that the film is very disconnected, it has no flow. Pankaj Kapur probably thought of the concept as 4 different phases. Had he thought of it as one single whole then perhaps the screenplay would have been different. Anyway, I liked it, like some reviewer put it before me, for what it tried to achieve rather than what it actually achieved.

Shahid was brilliant, no two opinions about it. Not his best performance though, which will forever be Kaminey for me (that's probably because that film has a special place in my heart) but he single-handedly kept the film afloat. 

Overall, a likable film if you walk in low expectations. 3/5 :)

Agree with your review. Its not so bad. The only problem that it was slow and draggy 😕
I haven't seen it yet but my one friend did. She's one of those people who's really creeped out by brown things so she's not much of a Bollywood moviegoer (she's only seen Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham😕🤣.)...She became a fan of Shahid recently after seeing JWM, and so started to watch all of his movies, and she saw Mausam a few days ago. She basically said the story sucked and the movie was dragged out for nothing...She then said that although she likes the guy, he picks out really really weird movies and acts bizarre in almost all his films🤣

I still have to see it...hopefully I'll do so by the end of this year
lol

-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Just watched the movie..its prety good 
not that bad
yes it got lil bit long..but it was good and decent movie..or i would say 1 time watch..cant watch everyday😆
the director was beautiful
it has an old feeling to the movie..i wish they cutted the some of the part..but over all good movie
shahid was too good in the movie👏

now this is called beautiful movie with storyline no crap movie..where they trying to be western..
1st time i liked sonam..i especially liked her in simple look..in the beggning of the movie..after they showed Scotland.scene she was ok there..but the scene in punjab.she was good..
she looks good in simple look

I think they should have edited some scenes that wasnt really necesay part of the movie..toh movie aur acche hoti if u forget it..it was long..then. u prob like it.
& who ever going to watch this movie in T..plz if u dont like slow movies..then dont watch it in the T..lolwatch it in DVD..😆
i wil give 4/5..coz of good direction..every1 act good..i cut the 1 point coz it got lil long..n got slow from scotland..then again when harry got injured..otherwise it was good
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mazzay

I watched mausam yday. Have to say a nice break from all the mindless comedies! It was such a sweet love story. I have to admit it is a little slow and I would have perferred if Harri and ayat confessed and spent a few cute moments in the village because for me that was the best part of the movie. Loved how shahid despite being such a strong air force officer was soo sensitive about ayat! It really made my heart melt. I loved the film. It is now my fav movie of 2011. I really wish bollywood start making these kind of love stories. Shahid and Sonam look extremely cute together!

Gutted because i believe most of the cute scenes were probably deleted, like the one on the poster where sonam is wearing shahids coat and he is holding her hand. All the way I was waiting for it to come up but sadly it didnt. Flashback were very cute!

Ya I agree with u..very decent movie
n my fav movie of 2011 too😊
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mazzay

Was that a scene actually shot for the movie or just something they did for the poster?
'Mausam' fares well

- By Taran Adarsh, September 28, 2011 - 08:36 IST

MAUSAM has fared well. The film has grossed $ 1.5 million in its opening weekend … MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN is a decent success … Telugu film DOOKUDU has fetched a mind-boggling start internationally. 

Weekend: September 23 - 25, 2011. 

U.K. BOX-OFFICE

• MAUSAM: In its opening weekend, the film has collected 1,88,488 [approx. Rs. 1.45 crores] on 42 screens, with the per screen average working out to 4,488.

• MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN: In its third weekend, the film has collected 32,316 on 21 screens, with the per screen average working out to 1,539. Total: 4,48,462 [approx. Rs. 3.44 crores].

• BODYGUARD: In its fourth weekend, the film has collected 19,044 on 13 screens, with the per screen average working out to 1,465. Total: 13,97,116 [approx. Rs. 10.72 crores].

• YAARA O DILDAARA: In its opening weekend, the film has collected 13,722 [approx. Rs. 10.53 lacs] on 8 screens, with the per screen average working out to 1,715.

• BOL: In its fourth weekend, the film has collected 3,533 on 3 screens, with the per screen average working out to 1,178. Total: 1,98,418 [approx. Rs. 1.52 crores].

• VANTHAAN VENDRAAN [Tamil]: In its second weekend, the film has collected 1,975 on 4 screens, with the per screen average working out to 494. Total: 17,955 [approx. Rs. 13.78 lacs].
U.S.A. BOX-OFFICE 

• MAUSAM: In its opening weekend, the film has collected $ 4,59,024 [approx. Rs. 2.26 crores] on 96 screens, with the per screen average working out to $ 4,782.

• BOL: In its fourth weekend, the film has collected $ 3,069 on 38 screens, with the per screen average working out to $ 81. Total: $ 1,88,410 [approx. Rs. 92.84 lacs].
AUSTRALIA BOX-OFFICE

• MAUSAM: In its opening weekend, the film has collected Aus. $ 84,113 [approx. Rs. 40.59 lacs] on 12 screens, with the per screen average working out to Aus. $ 7,009.

• MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN: In its third weekend, the film has collected Aus. $ 8,910 on 9 screens, with the per screen average working out to Aus. $ 990. Total: Aus. $ 1,84,557 [approx. Rs. 89.07 lacs].
NEW ZEALAND BOX-OFFICE

• MAUSAM: In its opening weekend, the film has collected NZ$ 25,570 on 7 screens [approx. Rs. 9.77 lacs], with the per screen average working out to NZ$ 3,653.
FIJI BOX-OFFICE

• MAUSAM: In its opening weekend, the film has collected FJD 15,077 on 2 screens [approx. Rs. 4.05 lacs], with the per screen average working out to FJD 7,539.
taran_adarsh taran adarsh 
#Mausam [op wknd] UK 188,488 [Rs 1.45 cr], USA $ 459,024 [2.26 cr], Australia Aus$ 84,113 [40.59 lacs], New Zealand NZ$ 25,570 [9.77 lacs]
26 minutes ago