.Alluring. thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: chocolover89

@Sathya88

just enjoy the movie and hopefully somebody clarifies something soon enough...

tuli..nooo..I'm waiting to see what Shab thought of itt! btw did you see it?

yeah and i liked it ๐Ÿ˜Š i give it 8/10 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SATHYA88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@chocolover89, I will definitely enjoy it. I also hope someone comes and clarifies things.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Mausam: The movies S L O W written all over it..the major back drop is the length.. Gossshhh.. times are gone when people used to sit in theatres for 3+ hours and watch movies like HAAHK, HSSH, DDLJ.. comeon director and i also dont see any reason why it was long.. there were alotta scenes which they could have reduced or completly cutt off..

Story: the story is not bad.. its just that years and months and days go by but the story is very much there.. at the same spot.. Punjab to Scotland to Ahmedabad to America to Switzerland to Ahmedabad again.. why soo many places?? makes it moree confusing.. then the story goes through all the disasters.. 9/11, Gujrat Riots, Kargil war and God knows wat not.. i seriously dont see any need for that.. its way too confusingg and the actors seem jinxed to have met only thrice in long 10 years..and wat was the effin ending about??? spoiler --> a person whose hand was not moving since the last 2 years was suddenly a ninja, superman, batman, spiderman.. climbed up that ferris wheel.. firstly.. climbing up that ferris is no piece of cake..but our hero does it.. not only that he saves the girl with one hand only and that too the paralysed one.. are we real??? puhhleaaseee

Shahid: He looks good in the Punjab days.. he looks young, fresh and cutee (i hate to say that cz i dont like him) ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿ˜† he acts pretty much natural but as everyone saying that he is flawless he is not.. he could have done better..not bad but not the best for sure..

Sonam: she can hardly act...she has improved from her torture in Thank You.. but she needs to learn acting actually.. she looks pretty.. tries to act too.. kinda succeeds too but then everything is soo cliched she cannot do alot.. Story just takes over her..

Aditi: she was good.. better than Sonam.. she should be given more roles.. she can prove herself as a good actress..

final verdict: i was expectingg nothing so the movie went fair-bad for me..my friend had some crazy expectations and she was visibly upset ๐Ÿ˜† it could have been better for sure very easily.. bad editing, too much happening in the story yet nothing is happening..songs are pretty slow.. u wont be sad if u give it a miss.. all in all a movie which could have been good has gone to waste..

2.5/5
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Mausam Has Fair First Weekend

Monday 26th September 2011 09.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Mausam had a fair first weekend of around 20.50 crore nett as per early estimates but it failed to show much growth over the weekend. Saturday was similar to Friday while Sunday was a bit higher than Saturday. The opening is by far the biggest for a Shahid Kapoor starrer.

The collections at single screens dropped on Saturday while multiplexes at places also dropped on Saturday. Mausam is likely to find it tough going on Monday going by weekend trends.

The best performance for the film has come in Delhi/UP, East Punjab and Rajasthan while West Bengal and Nizam are well below the mark.

vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lets talk about the different facets of love shown in Mausam by Pankaj...I am realizing now that quite a few were shown...๐Ÿ˜Š

Stupefaction 
Harry was almost constantly stupefied during the first season...in his initial throes of first love...๐Ÿ˜› ...he looked like something had hit his head...when he found that Aayat had left him with no further way of contacting him again...

Shyness & Insecurity
Aayat was scared to renew her acquaintance with Harry in Scotland...she wasn't sure he remembered her..he thought that she must already have married and had kids..๐Ÿ˜›

Telepathy?
Were Harry-Aayat able to read each other's thoughts...in that restaurant..

Intimacy & Togetherness - Giddiness & Excitement
Harry-Aayat found such happiness in doing small things together..the act of joining and holding fast their colored hands...and later washing each other hands..๐Ÿ˜ณ ..was so beautiful & powerful

Possessiveness & Jealousy
Harry was immediately suspicious on seeing Aayat with another guy...and started questioning her about it..

Misunderstanding
Later on in the train when he saw her with a guy & child..he jumped to all sorts of wrong conclusions...

Frustration & Anger
Harry was frustrated at having his hands tied down...during the Kargil War...with not being able to reach Aayat via the telephone..Aayat throws their picture into the fire...

Doubt & Despair
Having got his hand paralyzed...Harry felt he no longer knew where he stood with Aayat...felt he was no longer worthy of her..

Depression
Each time Harry faced the disappointment of not being able to trace Aayat..it was like a fresh nail in the coffin...sinking Harry further lower..

Madness
Harry almost went mad...at the thought that Aayat's child was still in danger...during the Gujarat riots...

Vulnerability & Disillusion
Aayat was like a flower...getting bruised..with each of Harry's seeming defection...As each letter to Harry went unanswered...Aayat got more and more disillusioned with her love...she began loosing all hope...

Blind Trust
Aayat had an almost blind trust in Harry...once he was with her...it was as if all was well..even in the midst of mayhem...

One sided love - Fury & Revenge
'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'...When her love got thwarted..she did everything to thwart Harry-Aayat's...

Hopeless hope
Aayat was not able to cut off her love for Harry...nor was Rajjo able to do so...even after marriage to another guy

Guilt & Regret
Rajjo felt hugely guilty in the end...for having hurt Harry...by taking away Aayat..

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
^ ^^ it was never meant to release with MBKD Get ur facts right 
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Nemo-

Your review is a replica of my thoughts and feelings towards the film! Very well said! ๐Ÿ‘

The only thing is, I watched this online, cuz after reading the bad reviews I did't want to waste my money in case I did't like it (I am a college student, so have to conservative while spending for fun) and I am so GLAD I did't watch this in the theater! 

The producers made a SMART movie not to release this with MBKD! Or else the film would have surely not done well at all! (Sorry to bring in MBKD but I could't help and point it out!).

i get free ticketsss.. if only i had to pay for it.. i would have jumped into the screen and hit the producers soo bad ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† (as if i can do that)๐Ÿ˜†
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
it was supposed to release 9th september all along.. they pushed the date to 16th and then 23rd.. Edited by Pulwasha - 12 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Nemo-

Thanks for the clarification dear! I am glad I got my facts right after all! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ur welcome  =)
Housefull! had a great time watching it with my whole family and some friends :D anyways here goes my review!!
SPOILER ALERT! READ AT UR OWN RISK
Mausam so far the BEST FILM i watched this year. Critics wrote it off, people said way too long and 2nd half boring. But i just LOVED IT <33

First half at Punjab was amazing. Everything was great at Punjab. Just LOVED it. Saj Dhaj Ke song was so fun lol.. I felt like getting up and dancing lol. All those clapping and whistling WOW such a great time i had. Harry & Aayat lovestory beginning in Punjab was so cute and classic. Loved the way they wrote notes to each other and started communicating๐Ÿ˜ also when Harry was looking at Aayat through tht binocular and Aayat did the same later๐Ÿ˜ those scenes were mindblowing and touched my heart. You dont get to see those nowadays in recent movies๐Ÿ˜ณ

Scotland part was awesome. Overall i liked it. Now they moved into this mature love couple which is even more fun to watch. They were like crazy for each other. I love the scene where they under that cirle thing and it was raining๐Ÿ˜but as usual they were separated again after that :( Just before Harry was about to go over and talk about his marriage with Aayat :(

It was confusing overall after Scotland. I couldnt figure out where they were. Aayat was all over the place. I was really sad when Harry couldnt move his hands. But i knew Aayat wouldnt care lol. After that i kinda got a feeling they would never come together :(
Then somewhere Harry saw Aayat(dont remember which place it was) where she was standing in snow and Harry was in train. I loved tht scene so much. But then later Harry though she was married to Akram and i thought so too. I almost cried :'(

Back to Ahmedabad. I JUST LOVED THEIR REUNION. The way Shahid saved her life and kept asking where is her kid and she was which kid. one of the best reunion ever <3333 Best part of the movie for me! HOW ROMANTIC <33 I wish they ended tht there. And wish they put Mallo Malli somewhere in the middle and not all the way in the end๐Ÿ˜’

Overall the film was great. I LOVED IT though i agree some scenes were unnecessary but those didnt matter to me anyways because i was way into Harry-Aayat world๐Ÿ˜

Shahid's performance was just too good as Harry. He really got down to it and did his best. One of the best performance by him after JWM and Kaminey๐Ÿ˜ณ He was looking handsome with tht mustache aswell <3

Sonam was gorgeus and i loved performance in a movie for the first time <33 She was great and i got to say one of the best performance by her.. She improved a lot. Loved Her <333

Id say 4.5/5.