Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Just read that Meri Bhai Ki Dulhan is a AVERAGE HIT.

Press favoured the movie, which helped it get public to theatres but then when the final reports came out it is just an AVERAGE hit...surprise.

Mausam has been bashed a lot...I don't know why?????
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Feel sorry for Shahid .After Saturday number its clear the film gonna flop because the wom is bad in simple words .
Channa_mereyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Dere is still a lot of time to declare mausam a hit semihit avg or flop! Some people just like to jump on to conclusion when dere favourite celeb are not in the film 🥱 i think mausam will benefit as there is no big release in coming week!
I really want to see this film, although haven't had the time to do so yet. The sole reason I want to watch Mausam is because it's a complete love story but the reviews are terrible. It really makes me think, is it that bad?
The film has been given a thumbs down by critics and I'm confused as to what the general audience has concluded. I actually feel kinda bad for Mausam. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist over here but something seems fishy...
Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
MBKD was made at a budget of 30 crores and has already garnered 60 crores in 2 weeks. If that is not a hit, then I don't know the definition of a hit.
http://boxofficereport.net/mere-brother-ki-dulhan-2nd-week-collections/.

Coming to Mausam, it is still early days yet. Sunday might show a big jump. And it appears that that the production costs are not as much as it was initially thought. It can still comfortably recover its cost and make a profit.

Be.edgy thumbnail
http://boxofficereport.net/mausam-second-day-collections-early-estimate-shows-jump/

Mausam Second Day Collections | Early Estimate | Shows Jump

Mausam's First day Box Office Collections Were Somewhat Big, But Not Huge. Mausam Collected a Total of 6.8 crores on its First Day.

Mausam's 2nd Day Box Office Collections have also shown a good jump. It Collected Around 7.8-8 crores on Saturday. After an Average to Good Critics Response, Mausam Has Finally Picked up some pace. The Weekend Should Finish at 24-25 crores Approximately. This is At Par at the Top 10 Grossing Films of this Year.

Since Mausam is a Family Film and Has not a Good Competetion Next Week so It can Stabalize itself for a Couple of Weeks at the Box office Untill Rascals Pops in.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
^^Do they mean 3rd  day early estimate...Its too late for 2nd day estimate..

Taran Adarsh's  Saturday numbers matches BOI...It is going to be the accepted number..

Edited by you2 - 12 years ago
MBKD is a full fledged hit. It had a medium budget and made good money at the box office but it made most of its money at the multiplexes which means the multiplex owners kept a huge chunk of the profit and the producers and distributors saw less of it ( the distributor share), which is the final profit and thereby the final verdict on the film. If it had made all this money on single screens, where only rent has to pay to the theatre owner, it would have been a super-hit. 
Which is why Singham is a super-hit(money made on single screens) and ZNMD just a hit(money made in multiplexes)

As far as Mausam is concerned, the alarming part is not the Box Office collections but the word of mouth. A  crash on Monday is inevtible but in Mausam's case its going to be a major crash.

Gagan-06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Ok watched it!!! I have NO NO idea why soo many of my friends didnt like it. Everyone complained about Mausam, but like maybe my cousins and I were the odd balls as we all walked out liking oops LOVING the film.

Ok not sure where to start, but let me just try to sum it up... Thats IF i can remember everything =)) *Some SPOILERS**

First half in Punjab was amazing. Being a Punjabi myself, I surely loved everything about it. There were a lot of things, which I was able to grasp that maybe my friends probably couldnt, but mostly they got the gist of it. You see a fun filled life of Harry. The transition from this Harry to the later Harry will be beautiful. (You will see a mature Harry, but he will not lose himself. There are some cute bits of when he is jealous of Akram, Ayat not picking up the phone, and rajjo not taking the address.. lol you see those characteristics come out.. the inner child)

Cut to the next part this is where things went a little downhill for me. The editing was the worst. There was one scene where finally Harry sees Ayat or he thinks he sees her. He runs after her and he lands infront of the dance academy. Then suddenly it cuts to the next scene where Harry is looking at Ayat doing ballet. I really wanted to see HOW Harry finds her. That was ONE negative point. It disappointed me.

Then you see some lovely moments between A&H and suddenly as expected he doesn't turn up one evening. Thank god they found out the kargil war was on and no cliched misunderstandings.
After that was just a lot of attempts of finding each other. You see a lot of failed attempts for sure lol. Some of it could have been cut short.

Another plus point, I am not sure if a lot liked it or not, but I did. The attack on tiger hills. Very beautifully shot. I had goosebumps when i watched that entire scene. Of course it ends with a tragedy Harry's hand is paralyzed.

Now my heart skipped a beat twice thinking i hope they didnt get married and had kids 😆 or at least it was depicted that way. A lot of dragging. They over did the FADE in and FADE out everytime they changed locations.

Now comes the waste of time. The whole Rajjo with Ayat scene. Seriously this woman was disgusting. A scene that SOO could Have been CHOPPED OFF was not. I felt like pulling my hair out seeing a mother and a wife still ready to run away with him. Lord *shakes head* Why not have given me the scene of how Harry finding Ayat instead of this bull crap! Made me Mad and such waste of time.

Ok now my favorite bit was Aag Lage Us Aag Ko. The entire sequence was amazing. The meeting was beautiful. Its better if I say less about this scene as this is something to experience.

Sadly, Mallo malli was at the end, which I wish it wasnt. However, let me clarify the placement of Mallo Malli was at the perfect time. The song actually fell in the timeline where the story demanded it. Its just that our greedy selves wanted more and more after mallo malli lol

In conclusion, Very choppy editing as you can say, but again in my opinion it still DID NOT take away from the underlying essence of Mausam. There were some breath taking scenes.
Favorite Song Moments: Rabba Main Tho, Aag Lage, and Mallo Malli.
Last but not least, there were no Villians here (except for Rajjo, who wasnt even a proper villian more of she had grey shades and maybe the terrorists) but on the whole it was the circumstances that played with their lives. It was actually nice for once to not see a clear cut Villian out to get the protagonists, but more of how life can play games.

I would give it 4/5. Yes i am giving it a four, but that's because the beauty of the film was still intact. the technical issues is what really disappointed everyone. Also I knew I was going to like it anyway as critics trashed it. lol
Edited by Gaganjot.S - 12 years ago
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: guess_wh0

As far as Mausam is concerned, the alarming part is not the Box Office collections but the word of mouth. A  crash on Monday is inevtible but in Mausam's case its going to be a major crash.

True. I think even people who liked it (you can see previous reviews) they didn't like the ending at all and mentioned inconsistencies in the script but they liked other things. It says something! This is quite disheartening! I wish I could see the film now...but not until next weeked...

Thanks for your multiplex vs single screen difference. But ya MBKD is a hit I don't think there is doubt...people who liked it they were entertained whether it was a good film or bad film from a cinematic perspective.

Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago